PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help please!

Deskjockey
04-15-07, 13:32
Folks, my questions may seem dumb, but after trips to titleII.com, AR15.com, and others and searching here, I am left with a few questions.

1. I think I did a dumb thing, I origionally ordered my forms straight from BATFE. I thought that I put in the blocks to order 2x Fingerprint cards and 2x Form 1s and a compliance card. I received 1 of each. The fingerprint card had the originating agency as the ATF office in Atlanta. The form 1 was a front and back copy origional form.

When I realized that I only had one, I printed off an extra Form from titleII and filled it out along with the one from BATFE. I then went to my local sheriffs office and they gave me another FBI card, but the originating agency on that card was their office. So, is the differences on the cards an issue? That is question number one.

2. Like I said above, I had one origional front/back copy and one copy both on the front that I printed out from TitleII. I had them signed and back from my SO in about two days. But, that is when on another forum, it stated that it must be front and back or BATF would toss out my application. IS this true and if so, can I take the two form now, print them to a front/back on my work printer, but then the signatures would not be origionals?

3. On the compliance form, can I just sign for myself, or do I need to go to someone that can verifly my citizenship?

Thanks for the help guys.

Ty

vincent_serna
04-18-07, 20:49
the form 1 does need to be front and back with the approval block on the front page, fill it out , sign, get ur CLEO signoff submit in duplicate along with the c&c that u sign.

the finger print issue will be a problem, for gods sake u should look into doing a trust transfer, no prints, no pics, no CLEO signoff.

All u need:
1.completed Form 1 (submit in duplicate)
2.Notarized copy of the Trust Document
3.check or money order $200 payable to BATF
4.Certificate of Compliance (u sign)

ATF is doing a great job right now on form 1s dude. Expect to get it back approved in about 20 to 30 days.

Last month my form 1 came back approved in 14 days. Fastest transfer ive had yet.

RWBlue
04-19-07, 13:37
for gods sake u should look into doing a trust transfer, no prints, no pics, no CLEO signoff.

All u need:
2.Notarized copy of the Trust Document
4.Certificate of Compliance (u sign)

ATF is doing a great job right now on form 1s dude. Expect to get it back approved in about 20 to 30 days.

Last month my form 1 came back approved in 14 days. Fastest transfer ive had yet.

OR

for gods sake u should look into doing a corporation transfer, no prints, no pics, no CLEO signoff.

All u need:
2. Document stating corp. in good standing with the state
4.Certificate of Compliance (u sign or anyone of your board of directors [parrents, wife, kids])

ATF is doing a great job right now on form 1s I recieved one back the other day. It would have been quicker, but I screwed up the form.

vincent_serna
04-19-07, 14:32
I don't like corporate transfers, more of a hassle than doing actual individual transfer. Plus corp transfers require a yearly tax that must be paid or the corp will be declined. And all of ur NFA items will become contraband.

shark31
04-19-07, 15:44
vincent_serna:

I don't like corporate transfers, more of a hassle than doing actual individual transfer. Plus corp transfers require a yearly tax that must be paid or the corp will be declined. And all of ur NFA items will become contraband.

Yes, the way to go is either trust or individual. The biggest pitfall with the corporate route is that the NFA item is tied to the life of the corporation. Another is the liability that is incurred from the corporation: your NFA items are now part of the corporation's assets. Those two reasons plus the yearly tax make the corporate transfer the least ideal way to go about aquiring your stamp.

I have done both personal and trust. While I won't ever go the personal route again, it does have the advantage of having all your information on the actual form. This aids in shooting on fudd ranges where you must confirm the legality of the NFA item. The transferrable living trust has no background checks, photos, or fingerprint checks while also not having the pitfalls of the corporate route, this is without a doubt THE way to acquire your NFA stamp.

Deskjockey
04-22-07, 11:25
Thanks for your replies,

1. I ended up getting another fingerprint card and a Form 1 from ATF Distribution. I took them back to the Sheriff's Office and they ycompleted both for me while I waited.

2. Now everything is in duplicate, all the addresses match and the Certificate of Compliance is completed. My lower is being engraved at Leitner-Wise right now. I guess all that is left is to put it in the mail with a check and wait.

Thanks for the information. I hope this post is more coherent than the first.

I appreciate it.

Tyler

SuicideHz
05-06-07, 15:26
For those of you who go the Trust route, make sure your Form1 has the ATF signature on the FRONT page or it will get kicked back. There seems to be two versions- the wrongs ones are up on ATF's website for download.

9x19
05-06-07, 16:52
For those of you who go the Trust route, make sure your Form1 has the ATF signature on the FRONT page or it will get kicked back. There seems to be two versions- the wrongs ones are up on ATF's website for download.

Thanks for pointing that out. I remember that you had a problem with one of your forms getting kicked back to you for that reason.