PDA

View Full Version : Any good NON SF, SL, ITT, Pentagon lights for weapons?

Trumpet
04-15-07, 14:09
Alrighty,
So I'd like to mount a light to my AR. I currently own a G2, L2, C3, and Pentagon L2 mil grade. What really interests me are the cree and the Seoul LED upgrades.

First, which of the two upgrades is generally considered to be better (brighter), the Cree or the Seoul?

Secondly, would a Cree or Seoul fit on any of the lights I currently have along with a shockproof bezel?

Thirdly, if a Cree or Seoul WON'T fit into what I already have, are there any other makers out there that make a product rugged enough for wepons mounting (Fenix, Wolf Eyes, Dereelight www.dereelight.com/dr-c1h.htm, LED Logic Striker www.batteryjunction.com/ledlostvgtaf2.html)

Any ideas?
Thanks

SuicideHz
04-22-07, 21:53
Wow. The Engrish on the Deree light page is ungodly...

I'd stay away from that shit if I were you.

Maybe try selling some of those other lights off and get an X200A or B and be happy that you can use it on pistols and rifles. It's unbelievably bright and you can get any broken part replaced by Surefire for free.

That second one looks like it's for light nuts. Either you are a light nut or you are a weapons nut who likes lights. Buy something meant for your rifle or weapon- just my 2 cents.

Well, maybe 10 cents...

C4IGrant
04-23-07, 15:27
First, I don't like LED's on long guns as they lack throw. With that said, on a CQB (SBR's) weapon they are not a bad choice becuase of the abuse these weapons tend to take. So with that said, I would go with the Wolf Eyes LED (Cree) that is compatible with the SF G2, 6P, etc.

C4