PDA

View Full Version : painting furniture/ project pink plinker

matt86
03-02-10, 15:09
My wife wants an AR for her birthday with pink furniture. *sigh* anyway my question is, what's the easiest/ most cost effective way to do this? I've seen everything from duracoat to Dye here just wanted some opinions. Thanks.

252actual
03-02-10, 15:10
ive seen some stuff that comes in pink. i forget what the company name is. just google pink AR or something and im sure it'll come up.

Frens
03-02-10, 16:13
ive seen some stuff that comes in pink. i forget what the company name is. just google pink AR or something and im sure it'll come up.

cavalry arms ;)
http://www.cavalryarms.com/pink.html

matt86
03-02-10, 16:45
thanks but she wants more of a "hot pink". I knew it couldnt be that easy. lol

chadbag
03-02-10, 16:51
I would probably duracoat it as I don't see any pink on the cerakote firearms finishes.

matt86
03-02-10, 18:04
Nvm, she likes the cav arms. Anyone have experience with them? What's their shipping time like?

kwelz
03-02-10, 18:08
Good luck on that. Cav is gone.

ejeffreyhorn
03-02-10, 18:15
Good luck on that. Cav is gone.

I don't think so. I ordered some midlength handguards from them in November.

kwelz
03-02-10, 18:16
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=12064&highlight=cavalry+arms&page=3

Gramps
03-02-10, 18:19
I just went threw with no account and it looked like you can still order that.

Tangotag
03-02-10, 19:13
I ordered 5 pistol grips on 2/21/10 web order, it showed a flat 20% S&H bump on sub-total.
Order arrived 3/1/10, actual shipping amount charged was less than it cost them to ship by $2.10.
I ordered Dark Earth, Coyote, Foilage, OD pistol A2 grips and a Black Ergo Grip. I think I got 2 Foilage but that is fine with me.

If it is not in stock you can't put it in the cart they are out. I had to wait a couple months to get both tan grips in one order.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee73/tangotag_bucket/IMG_4965.jpg

matt86
03-02-10, 19:39
Awesome. Thanks

Texas Patriot
03-02-10, 21:51
My wife wants an AR for her birthday with pink furniture. *sigh* anyway my question is, what's the easiest/ most cost effective way to do this? I've seen everything from duracoat to Dye here just wanted some opinions. Thanks.

Interesting. I am assembling parts for my very first build which will be a Pink Camo AR for my daughter. Yep, pink camo. I didn't know if I should start with the Cav Arms Pink set and then use a duracoat Pink Camo set to finish the job or just get some black furniture and make it pink camo.

So, is it true that Cav Arms is out of business now?

bkb0000
03-02-10, 22:09

The receivers are anodized "burgundy," and i got lucky with Krylon Fusion in the same color name for the handguard and stock. the color match is even closer in person. it's held up well, but it doesn't get the shit beat out of it like some others.

"urban dark earth" magpul furniture through larue tactical would be a good base to attempt some dyeing, but your best bet is probably gonna be paint.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_4f264a9e26ca4971bce07b8e15202677.jpg

Tangotag
03-02-10, 22:12
So, is it true that Cav Arms is out of business now?

Out of business - No, they are just operating in as a firearms accessories only Company. No more selling any FFL required items.
From their website: http://www.cavalryarms.com/

2/15/2010 Press Release

Dear Friends and Loyal Customers:

As you may be aware, we have been engaged in an ongoing dispute with the ATF for the past two years. While Cavalry Arms has at all times tried its best to run a lawful and honest shop, unfortunately, some regulatory compliance mistakes were made. We have now come to the point where we feel it is in our best interest to close our FFL and to cease all firearms operations. The owner of Cavalry Arms, Shawn Nealon, has elected to leave the firearms business and concentrate on firearms accessories instead. We are currently in negotiations with another company for that company to purchase the CAV-15 product line. Rest assured that any resulting purchase agreement will address the issue of providing service and support with regard to existing CAV-15 firearm products. We will continue to manufacture quality plastic components, grow our Medical products line, and work to bring new innovations to the relevant markets. Over the next several weeks we will be conducting a wind-down of our firearms manufacturing and FFL operations. Accordingly, please do not send us any firearms for repair or replacement. Instead, such issues should be addressed to the ultimate purchaser of our assets. Due to our limited personnel resources, during this transition/operation wind-down period, the final processing and shipping of firearm receivers already in our inventory will be our first priority.

We deeply appreciate your patience and understanding and anticipate that the relevant asset purchaser will begin operations in March of 2010. We sincerely thank you for your prior and ongoing support during these troubled times and look forward to better years ahead.

Thank you,
Cavalry Arms

rhewitt
03-03-10, 02:40
I got a friend that does shit like what you want. I sent my SBR down to him. He is an FFL so you ship to his house and he ships back straight to you. Kinda nice and it really only took like 8 days with everything. Here is the website for you to look around.
http://acoating.blogspot.com/

Good luck

matt86
03-03-10, 12:13
I just placed an order with cav arms and on my order review it said the stock and handgaurds were in stock, so I called to clarify that the pistol grip was in stock. Service rep was friendly, said pg was in stock and would be shipped priority tommorow morning. So Id say cav arms is g2g.

matt86
03-03-10, 13:05
any reason that i shouldnt get a DPMS lpk? its the only kit my local shop stocks.

bkb0000
03-03-10, 13:08
any reason that i shouldnt get a DPMS lpk? its the only kit my local shop stocks.

yea... they suck. they're about a notch above gun-show Bag 'o Parts.

i bet your local shop is charging more than you could get a CMT kit bought and shipped for, too.

matt86
03-03-10, 13:20
slightly less but i see your point.

michschi
03-03-10, 19:53
http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=668

R/Tdrvr
03-04-10, 11:14
thanks but she wants more of a "hot pink". I knew it couldnt be that easy. lol

Well, what did you expect? She's a woman. :D

matt86
03-10-10, 11:35
almost done with the build.

Spikes LE 16 inch upper
Magpul Mbus black
Spikes STt2 buffer

Spikes lower
CMMG lpk
pink cavalry arms furniture

will post pics when the upper gets delivered today. It looks hilarious because the lower has "LE/military use only" on the right side with the pink pg/stock.