PDA

View Full Version : AFG or GS handstop

newyork
03-03-10, 15:10
I have vfgs on my 2 carbines and would like something a little more low profile with my hand more on the rail. With my vfgs I only keep a finger or 2 on them and the other 2 and my thumb on the rail anyway. I'm thinking of getting 2 Magpul AFGs (1 for each rifle) or 4 Gear Sector handstops (2 for each rifle), what help can you guys give me?

Lee Indy
03-03-10, 15:22
get 2 hand stops and 1 AFG. then pick which one is best for you

Jerm
03-03-10, 15:31
From the sound of it you use a VFG similar to myself.I would grip the VFG with my pinky and ring finger,the base of the VFG with my middle finger(resting on the rail),with my thumb and index finger gripping the rail.

I was skeptical at first but the AFG turned out to be perfect for this type/angle of a grip.

JonnyVain
03-03-10, 16:46
If I were you I'd try the AFG first. Cheaper and easier to resell.

JTrusty
03-03-10, 17:36
Cheaper and easier to resell.

Actually, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Buy, try it, if you don't like it, return it for a full refund. ;)

Marty916
03-03-10, 17:48
Would there be any interest in a hybrid AFG/VFG? I've been thinking about making a few to try out.

newyork
03-03-10, 17:55
I ordered 2 AFGs and will try them out. If I don't like it, I'll be ordering 2 GS handstops.

handyandy
03-03-10, 17:57
I have two AFGs and one KAC hand stop and I noticed that I have to twist my wrist more on the hand stop gun than on the AFG guns. I never would have noticed if I hadn't tried the AFG. I won't say the AFG is perfect, but I think it is better than a HS or VFG.

JonnyVain
03-03-10, 21:21
Actually, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Buy, try it, if you don't like it, return it for a full refund. ;)

Well there you go. We always forget about these things because most companies don't offer such a great deal. And since Magpul has the same policy, you could try both and return whichever you don't want. Or keep both if you like them.

I have two AFGs and one KAC hand stop and I noticed that I have to twist my wrist more on the hand stop gun than on the AFG guns. I never would have noticed if I hadn't tried the AFG. I won't say the AFG is perfect, but I think it is better than a HS or VFG.

The ergo's on the GS handstop look superior to the KAC. I've also heard this from users. The KAC is flat, so I could see what you mean. The GS is curved.

I really want 2 of them on my AR, as well as the flashlight mount.

Would there be any interest in a hybrid AFG/VFG? I've been thinking about making a few to try out.

Possibly. Like an AFG but at a higher angle. Check patents first...

I think Magpul's new VFG will take care of this though, with it's bigger radius on the top. and thicker handle. Maybe an adjustable angle VFG with a lip on top

Like this:
__
` |

Like, I guess, the Sure Fire VFG but with no flashlight....

Kissel
03-04-10, 03:54
Everybody's body mechanics are different. I found out that, for the AFG to be comfortable for me, it had to be mounted much too far forward. I'm going back to a hand stop or a stubby VFG that allows variation in wrist position. AFG is a nice concept but not for everybody. That's why it is a "theory based" product.