PDA

View Full Version : Our Gov't keeping us safe....

TOrrock
03-03-10, 17:46
Normally I can't stand airsoft dweebs, but this is hilarious.

I'm hoping the shop owner sues their ass off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rEuTwYALho#watch-main-area

Mac5.56
03-03-10, 17:56
And as a nation we shift one more degree towards the idiotic.

Jay Cunningham
03-03-10, 18:03
That was Special Agent Krenshaw, was it?

:rolleyes:

Safetyhit
03-03-10, 18:18
Converted to a full auto? This from government officials??

Scary, incredible and beyond horrendous.

Mauser KAR98K
03-03-10, 18:22
I do airsoft, and let me tell you, this stuff has been know for years...you can't make them work like the real deal. Yes, they make them out of metal, but I wouldn't try it with a working 5.56 upper and expect my hand to be around after the fist round, much less my face.

The question is though, what about the triggers? I'm not familiar with the ones from where they've ordered, I'm sure they aren't using weapons grade trigger components, much less the correct parts.

The one I have, a Tokyo Mauri MC-51 (just think of a HK G3, but the size of an MP5), came with a red flash suppressor...and a replacement metal flash suppressor for games.

No matter how gay you think Airsoft is, the political ramification are about the same for the real deal. I've seen a lot of the same stuff the gun-control dweebs place on the second amendment on the airsoft community. But the same situation applies: like there are bad apples in the gun community, there are bad apples in the airsoft community. I'd never go outside in public with my airsoft weapon without either at an event, or the red flash suppressor on. Why? I don't want to get my ass shot. Part of that deal of being a responsible gun owner...something the ATF or the Brady punks don't believe in.

It is a fun sport. Not as explosive and loud as 3-gun, but you get to test you skills and pay lightly if you screw up.

Terry
03-04-10, 13:17
IMO, the atf agent is either an idiot or a traitor, or both.

bkb0000
03-04-10, 13:32
well.. well, well, well.

i'm pretty sickened by this.. i have a physical sensation akin to nervous "butterflies" in my stomach after watching that. people watching that news story at home, on the whole (and keeping in mind the local area of the broadcast), most assuredly believe the ATF Agent's explanation. "Why would they have any reason to lie?" they would ask, if you told them it was incorrect.

i cant believe how far down the rabbit hole we've gone, when the federal government can literally do whatever it wants, to anyone, without explanation. the ATF is king at this... their elitist attitude is worse than any other federal bureau i've had any experience with. "we do what we do because we're the boss, and you're lucky we'll give even that much of an answer."

Jay Cunningham
03-04-10, 14:06
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

armakraut
03-04-10, 14:31
People thought they knew who they wanted in Obama, now they're getting it, good and hard.

Give it back with interest next November.

glocktogo
03-04-10, 15:12
That was Special Agent Krenshaw, was it?

:rolleyes:

He knows that it can be readily converted to a real full auto, yet he can't put the magazine in the right direction? I'll bet he couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel!

FWIW, here's what the CBP is putting out as their heroic seizure that saved the country. I got it in an email from the CLEO at my airport.

Tacoma Seaport CBP Seizes Machine Gun Shipment

One of the weapons CBP Tacoma officers seized. Photo courtesy of CBP
CBP officers at the Tacoma, Wash. Seaport seized a shipment of 30 machine guns on Feb 8 that arrived in a 40-foot ocean container.

CBP officers targeted the merchandise for an intensive examination and upon physical inspection of the container, found the rifles. The rifles were of the same size, weight and look of an M-4 automatic rifle — the weapon used by the U.S. military. The rifles had no serial numbers on them and no orange-blaze tip that is required for all importations of toy guns. The rifles, manifested only as “Toys and Parts,” were valued at nearly $10,000.

“These rifles could have had far-reaching and potentially devastating ramifications if they had gotten into the hands of individuals who wanted to do harm in the American population,” said CBP Area Port Director, Rolando Suliveras, Jr. “This was a good interception by our officers.”

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents responded to the warehouse where the shipment was unloaded for CBP inspection, and took a sample rifle for evaluation by the ATF Firearms Technology Branch. The machine guns were later turned over to ATF agents, and will ultimately be destroyed.

More about this is available at http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_releases/local/02242010.xml.

BATFE is saying that these can be readily converted. I say they should man up, drop an auto sear in it and slap an M4 upper on it and have Agent Crenshaw do a mag dump. If he's still in one piece after the mag is empty, then they were right. :rolleyes:

xfyrfiter
03-05-10, 12:19
Man those are high dollar airsoft $333.33 ea. I for one will not be paying that much for a toy gun. For that kind of money you can almost buy a real AK 47, Or SKS.

Mac5.56
03-05-10, 12:25
People thought they knew who they wanted in Obama, now they're getting it, good and hard.

Give it back with interest next November.

Yep your right government over reach, and violation of civil liberties only started in this country a year and two months ago. Furthermore the entire ATF was laid off after Bush got out of office, and Obama hired a whole new group of officers to replace the patriotic ones that were working under the Republicans.

Mac5.56
03-05-10, 12:30
Man those are high dollar airsoft $333.33 ea. I for one will not be paying that much for a toy gun. For that kind of money you can almost buy a real AK 47, Or SKS.

Yep. Or for that matter save up one more month and by the SW MP .22 if you don't like the loud bang of the big boy bullets.

armakraut
03-05-10, 13:44
Yep your right government over reach, and violation of civil liberties only started in this country a year and two months ago. Furthermore the entire ATF was laid off after Bush got out of office, and Obama hired a whole new group of officers to replace the patriotic ones that were working under the Republicans.

Not slamming Bush's degenerate firearm and economic policies every time I open my mouth does not constitute some sort of gross error by omission on my part.

Mac5.56
03-05-10, 14:16
Not slamming Bush's degenerate firearm and economic policies every time I open my mouth does not constitute some sort of gross error by omission on my part.

Your statements are reactionary and overly simplified that is why I comment.

dbrowne1
03-05-10, 14:23

bkb0000
03-05-10, 14:29
I really hope somebody does file a FOIA request to find out what they did to test and "prove" that these toys can be readily converted. I would LOVE to see that.

i'll start researching how to do it.

Mac5.56
03-05-10, 14:46
i'll start researching how to do it.

One thing I would be willing to support is if there is a cost (sometimes with government reports there is a per-page price) having an M4Carbine donation so that one of us doesn't have to bear the brunt financially. I want to see this report, and publish it.

500grains
03-05-10, 14:49
The ATF is so incompetent that it should be dissolved, and those duties should be delegated to the FBI.

dbrowne1
03-05-10, 14:55

glocktogo
03-05-10, 14:57
Odds are that if it's an open active investigation, they'll redact any important information. They might even redact how they did it (if they actually did) because there are already a bunch of these in country and they don't want to provide instuctions on how to do it.

I'd be fine with that so long as they allow independent testing that confirms their results. I'm still highly doubtful that they can actually be converted and fire without being damaged or destroyed. I'm willing to eat my words if they can though.

Abraxas
03-05-10, 15:00
I like the part about it being "easily converted to military grade weapons". We have many companies that manufacture real guns that cant seen to make it military grade. Do you suppose that the process the ATF moron was talking about is how Oly makes their guns:D;)?

parishioner
03-05-10, 15:06
It's actually pretty easy. Gather the details, find the point of contact at ATF for FOIA requests, find the federal FOIA statute and send them a letter with enough information for them to identify what you're asking about, and say "pursuant to FOIA, send me all non-exempt documents, testing data, videos, etc. relating to this testing."

I really hope the ATF will be held accountable for their statements.

And damn, if its that easy to to make a toy gun fire bullets I could have saved a shit load of money.

bkb0000
03-05-10, 15:14
It's actually pretty easy. Gather the details, find the point of contact at ATF for FOIA requests, find the federal FOIA statute and send them a letter with enough information for them to identify what you're asking about, and say "pursuant to FOIA, send me all non-exempt documents, testing data, videos, etc. relating to this testing."

on it.

Mac5.56
03-05-10, 15:38

Is there a fee?

armakraut
03-05-10, 15:53
Your statements are reactionary and overly simplified that is why I comment.

Excellent.

texasrangers
03-05-10, 15:59
its called tyranny. jmann, they will not be held accountable. in any way. any accountability at waco, for anyone?

bkb0000
03-05-10, 16:02
Is there a fee?

negative.. just write up a neat little letter and mail to:

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Disclosure Division
Averill P. Graham (Division Chief)
99 New York Avenue, NE, Room 1E-400
Washington, DC 20226 USA

and you can generate a great letter at: http://www.rcfp.org/foialetter/index.php

bkb0000
03-05-10, 16:05
oops.. looks like there may, in fact, be some fees.. still putting it all together, will update.

dbrowne1
03-05-10, 16:07

bkb0000
03-05-10, 16:36
They can (and will) charge you something for retrieval and copying, but it shouldn't be outlandish.

indeed.. and from what i've gathered, they wont even accept the FOIA request as "complete" unless the letter includes a statement of willingness to pay a fee.

here's what i'll be mailing with the morning tide:

Benjamin XXXXXXXXX
XXX XXXXX XXXX Street
XXXXX XXXXXX, Oregon XXXXX
XXX-XXX-XXXX

March 5, 2010

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Disclosure Division
Averill P. Graham (Division Chief)
99 New York Avenue, NE, Room 1E-400
Washington, DC 20226 USA

FOIA REQUEST

Dear FOIA Officer:

Pursuant to the federal Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552, I request access to and copies of all non-exempt documents, videos, testing data, etc., relating to the seizure of 30 "airsoft" rifles arriving in Tacoma, WA from Taiwan via ship-born cargo container in the month of October 2009, and subsequent evaluation by the BATF and declaration that these devices fall under the category of "machinegun" according to BATF interpretation of NFA regulations.

I would like to receive the information in the following format: All available.

I agree to pay reasonable duplication fees for the processing of this request in an amount not to exceed $50.00. However, please notify me prior to your incurring any expenses in excess of that amount.

I look forward to your reply within 20 business days, as the statute requires.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Benjamin XXXXXXXXX

Mac5.56
03-05-10, 16:50
indeed.. and from what i've gathered, they wont even accept the FOIA request as "complete" unless the letter includes a statement of willingness to pay a fee.

Let us know when you get a response.

texasrangers
03-05-10, 17:15
from another thread here:

"The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives did not provide gun-seizure information from its Fort Wayne office despite Freedom of Information requests made by The News-Sentinel in June 2008 and last month."

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090511/NEWS/905110328

R/Tdrvr
03-05-10, 18:50
Kinda reminds me of when the ATF was under the control of Bill Clinton and Janet reno.:rolleyes:

DaBears_85
03-05-10, 22:43
Excellent work bkb0000, let us know what you find out.