PDA

View Full Version : Surefire Upgrade???

El Mac
03-03-10, 17:53
I have an older dedicated Surefire weapon light forend for an older Benelli M1. It features only a long pressure tape switch. I would like to know if there is another company out there that would customize/upgrade the forend to add a constant on/off or disable switch? I'm tired of the light ADs.....

And yes I checked with SF. They can't or won't do it. And yes I know if I find someone that will do it, it will void the warranty by SF.

Thanks...

Dennis
03-04-10, 16:44
I have an older dedicated Surefire weapon light forend for an older Benelli M1. It features only a long pressure tape switch. I would like to know if there is another company out there that would customize/upgrade the forend to add a constant on/off or disable switch? I'm tired of the light ADs.....

And yes I checked with SF. They can't or won't do it. And yes I know if I find someone that will do it, it will void the warranty by SF.

Thanks...

I have not heard of any company doing that, but have you already tried the tape switch cover from SF? These inexpensive metal pieces cover the first few inches of pad to help reduce AD's. These have worked fine on a couple different Benelli & 870 forends and pretty much eliminated any accidental activations.

Otherwise, if you are worried about bag/carry AD's then just loosen the body/head of the light.

I am sure any competent electrical guy could wire in a switch or two, but it might not be as pretty and/or reliable as a new forend.

Dennis.

El Mac
03-04-10, 18:17
Thanks Dennis.

Its not the bag AD I worry about.

I'm going to try the blocking deal from SF, but it doesn't answer the bell for a disable or on/off type switch.

I could probably modify/customize one of the newer ones, I just hate to ditch something that is already working.