PDA

View Full Version : Peters Custom Holsters

Pages : [1] 2

rob_s
03-03-10, 18:22
original article is here (http://docs.google.com/View?id=dg8rvhdd_129fbhjztd2) has more pictures, and will be updated as I use the holster.

http://docs.google.com/File?id=dg8rvhdd_1305rzdg2hb_b

I contacted Greg Peters of Peters Custom Holsters (http://www.shop.peterscustomholsters.com/main.sc) about doing a review of one of his holsters, and I had a specific request to go along with it. Many manufacturers and vendors balk at this because they don't want someone reviewing a one-off, or they don't want to get stuck doing more one-offs because the money is in production. Greg was quite the opposite and worked with me to ensure that the holster he sent me worked as I needed to. As it turns out, the requirements that I had for the holster actually came close to the standard production loops with the exception that production holsters have rivets at the bottom of the belt loops instead of the screws, so it worked out well for both of us. It was nice to see someone so willing to work with me for what I needed.

Initial Impressions

The holster I received is one of their new Spada line. According to the website "The Spada was born of the need to have a rugged holster mounted on a belt or MOLLE grid. It has seen extensive testing in training, tactical competition, and everyday carry. While meant for hard use, it is designed to provide concealment if you choose to wear it under a jacket or sweater." This matched my needs as I was looking for a holster to attach to a US Grunt Gear Warhog padded MOLLE belt. The USGG belt is a little different than some others as the belt webbing itself runs over the pad, not through a sleeve, and provides for a 1.75" wide, double-thick, PVC-reinforced, stitched at every 3" webbing to which the user can attach standard holsters. It was specifically designed to work with the Blade Tech Tek-Lok system but can work with many others, provide that there is a way to open the loops of the holster as the webbing is permanently attached to the belt. On the support side USGG has provided me with a MOLLE sleeve that fits over the padded system to which other MOLLE pouches can be attached. More on the USGG belt will follow under another review, but suffice it to say it is the 1.75" wide webbing on the strong side that allowed for the Peters Spada to attach via their standard 1.75" belt loops. I may wind up porting this holster over to a Blue Force Gear SOC-C padded MOLLE belt where I will need the MOLLE-attachment so I'll have to ask Peters for that attachment method as well.

The Peters Spada is clearly made tough. It is made from a thicker Kydex material than other competing designs, and also has a reinforcing layer of Kydex between the holster body and the belt loops. The loops attach via allen screws and Peters included an appropriately-sized allen wrench in the box. It was this attachment method that allowed me to easily slip it over the 1.75" webbing on my belt, and I had the whole thing installed in a matter of minutes. Due to the design of the belt and the slick-ness of the Kydex there is a potential for the holster to shift fore and aft slightly but when the belt is on the body and the slack taken out it is very resistant to sliding. The gun, in this case a Glock 19 with grip reduction by Boresight Solutions and a Surefire X200A (no longer in production, but the Surefire X300 will fit as well) weaponlight attached, "snaps" securely into place with the faint "click" sound that most users of Kydex holsters have come re recognize. The pistol and light are released easily, but not too easily, with the appropriate amount of force, and one-handed re-holstering is easily accomplished. I would like to see a slight chamfer or taper to the top outside edge of the holster, a slight beveling if you will, just to aid slightly in the re-holstering process. However the nice thing about Kydex is that it is user-modifiable very easily.

I'm looking forward to getting some use out of this holster as I pursue my quest to rebuild my pistol shooting skills. The next stop on that path takes me to Frank Garcia's Universal Tactical Academy for 2,000 rounds of handgun shooting which is sure to produce some impressions of this holster.

calicojack
03-03-10, 18:33
delete

rob_s
03-03-10, 18:40
Yep, click the "here" link in the first line of the first post. ;)

Jake0331
03-04-10, 00:42
Looks sharp. I tried contacting them a few times last year and never heard back from them. I'll give it one more shot before I commit to not giving them money.

jsebens
03-04-10, 00:54
Looks sharp. I tried contacting them a few times last year and never heard back from them. I'll give it one more shot before I commit to not giving them money.

The dude's got a full-time job in addition to the Kydex. Email him again.

pete10
03-04-10, 17:20

Jake,
Check your PM's

Jake0331
03-04-10, 20:49
Jake,
Check your PM's

Roger.

Robb Jensen
03-04-10, 21:06
These look pretty darn nice. I'll think I'll be getting a couple and would actually like to see one for USPSA Production and IDPA for my S&W M&P Pro.

I'm trying to make three gun master in IDPA, meaning classifying as Master in SSP, ESP and CDP this year.

I'm pretty sure I can make Master in SSP right now and probably ESP and CDP with a little more speed on the draw, I'm consistently hitting 1.25-1.5sec and need to get it under 1 sec.

Padre Pandiero
03-04-10, 22:21
rob_s; good to see you give the Peters stuff a whirl. I thought it would be up your alley; especially as it would stay in your role of replicating CCW kydex-carry, etc.

Please update when you can, how the holster works for you at your matches, etc.

FWIW; his IWB stuff is first-rate. A G17 is no mean feat for my frame.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PadrePandiero/IMG_1146.jpg

David Thomas
03-05-10, 09:36
I ordered an IWB a week or so ago for a G19. I sent an email with some questions and received a response back in less than an hour with answers to my questions.

I will report back after I recieve my holster and give it a try.

The leather belt loops on the IWB holsters seems to me to be a great idea.

rob_s
03-08-10, 13:27
Article in original link updated. Images to follow, text reprinted below.

Putting the Holster to Work

Typically I would "dry run" a product prior to taking it out on the range, but Peters was good enough to get me this holster just before I left for a three day course with Frank Garcia at the Universal Tactical Academy for 2,000 rounds of handgun shooting (and another 800 of carbine). After Training Day 1 (TD1) we were already over 1,000 rounds. Doing the math and figuring on average number of shots fired per drill being 4, and ignoring initial dryfire practice, that is over 250 draw strokes in just one day. While tight in the first few dozen presentations, and a few kydex shavings, the holster broke in very well and very quickly.

A few rubbing areas arose. The first of which was the sweat guard on the back. While potentially a good idea on a concealment holster, I found that it was unnecessary on a holster intended for use on a padded belt system, and in fact that it rubbed a bit on my thumb on the draw stroke. Additionally, the triggerguard area bows out a bit in order to be able to holster the pistol with the light attached. I would prefer to see it cut down just a little bit as after 250+ presentations the social finger on my right hand was beginning to get a little worn.

Both of these are minor concerns in the global scheme of things that only came to light with the high number of repetitions. Yes, I would prefer to see them addressed but I do not find them to be deal breakers at all, and understand why they are the way they are. If the triggerguard area is cut down the way I'd like it the area behind the trigger (although not the trigger itself) will be more exposed.

Otherwise the holster retained the pistol when it was supposed to, and released it when it needed to, every time without issue. Once the initial break-in of a few dozen draw strokes were over one-handed re-holstering without looking was easy. The holster stayed put on the belt, and protected the gun. All of these things combined mean that the holster did it's job.

Training Day 2 (TD2) pushed the round count up over 2,000 and so put the number of presentations up over 500. The rubbing areas from the day before became more pronounced and evident as the raw skin from the previous day was made more raw. Surprisingly the sweat guard portion rubbing on the thumb was less of an issue than the triggerguard area rubbing on the social finger. This is something that any lesser number of presentations in a lower round-count class or a match would never expose. I would probably never notice it again once the finger heals from this class, but I would still prefer to see it cut down slightly and perhaps smoothed out a bit. I'm going to try hitting it with some sandpaper to smooth it out slightly first.

The issue has to do with the way a holster has to be constructed to work with a weaponlight attached to the pistol. On a holster for the pistol only the Kydex would be formed such that it would be close to the triggerguard of the pistol and therefore would not be in the way of the social finger and can be cut higher so that it covers the entire triggerguard. When the light is added, width is added, and a clear channel must exist from the mouth of the holster all the way to the bottom of the holster for the light body and switch to pass through. I intend to order a holster identical to this one but for the Glock 19 without light and will post pictures comparing the two to further illustrate my point once I have the other holster in hand.

I have marked up the area of the holster that is giving me trouble and I am going to be cutting it down myself and rounding off the edges to eliminate the rubbing.

PRMAN45ACP
03-10-10, 16:49
Yep,I did the same, e-mail a couples of time and no response,I e-mail again now.Let see what happen. I didn't see the holster with light attached in the options for a G21.:confused:

Impact
03-10-10, 23:37
looks great. how long was the turnaround ? I need a new holster for my SA 1911.

would be nice to have a holster with MOLLE attachment. I have an ATS MOLLE belt.

rob_s
03-11-10, 00:26
l
would be nice to have a holster with MOLLE attachment. I have an ATS MOLLE belt.

The Spada is available with a MOLLE attachment.

CoryCop25
03-11-10, 05:22
What lights are they available for? I read about the X300, but what about other brands? (TLR1, M-3)

David Thomas
03-22-10, 23:28
just got my IWB Peters Holster in for m G19. The leather loops are nice. The lack of bulk is very comfortable. So far I am impressed.

awmp
03-23-10, 07:17
pics?

just got my IWB Peters Holster in for m G19. The leather loops are nice. The lack of bulk is very comfortable. So far I am impressed.

Bourneshooter
04-17-10, 17:37
This holster looks good for use on the warbelt, but has anybody used it for OWB carry that also has used a Raven Phantom similarly set up for OWB? I'm interested if its more concealable or not.

Would rather not wait the 60+ days for another Raven and wait the 3 weeks for the Spada.

PRMAN45ACP
04-17-10, 17:47
Want to know if the SPADA ,you can change the MOLLE attachment and use with regular belt. only 1 holster for both.:D

pete10
04-17-10, 18:44
Want to know if the SPADA ,you can change the MOLLE attachment and use with regular belt. only 1 holster for both.:D

Yes, it is interchangeable. Just separate attachments.

TehLlama
04-18-10, 13:27
My wifes should be arriving about the same time as her M&P ans X300. Can't wait.

DTHN2LGS
04-18-10, 16:31
Here's the G19 holster with the Open Bottom option I recently got from Peters Custom Holsters:

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad350/freyra2/P1000295-1.jpg

Kuro Ookami
04-19-10, 19:49
I've been hearing good things about these holsters. I was also interested in hearing feedback how these would fare against the RCS holsters. Seems like they are thicker and less prone to cracking/breaking. I'm asking because I'm looking into a holster for my M&P and am not interested in waiting for 70 days, lol.

TehLlama
04-19-10, 20:48
When I finally have both, I will be making a comparison. I think somebody here must have one of each, if for different models.

SMALL boss
04-19-10, 21:34
When I finally have both, I will be making a comparison. I think somebody here must have one of each, if for different models.

Thanks. I'll be looking forward to your comparison. If it really is comparable, it'll be a godsend.

rob_s
04-20-10, 04:40
The Raven is made of thinner material than the Peters. IMHO this lends the Raven to IWB use and the Peters to OWB.

JackOSU
04-20-10, 12:49
I've been hearing good things about these holsters. I was also interested in hearing feedback how these would fare against the RCS holsters. Seems like they are thicker and less prone to cracking/breaking. I'm asking because I'm looking into a holster for my M&P and am not interested in waiting for 70 days, lol.

I think it's all subjective. Greg can make you whatever thickness you so desire. The Spada is thicker to help with longevity and the prevention of cracking and serves it's purpose. If you prefer IWB he can use any combo of thickness you want to my knowledge as well. I think the best thing to do would be to send him an email and/or possibly talk to him over the phone. This to me will get you both on the same page as to what you want and or need. You may even end up getting a setup for OWB and one for IWB. Just remember the old addage of "good things come to those who wait" or in this case are willing to do so. I think you'll be fine once you get with Greg. He'll take care of you without question on a plan.

JSantoro
04-20-10, 13:02
The Raven is made of thinner material than the Peters. IMHO this lends the Raven to IWB use and the Peters to OWB.

See, I thought of that the other way around. Going IWB with the Raven, I noticed it getting compressed due to the thinner material, and making it hard to reholster. I don't have that problem with my thicker Comp-Tac IWB, so I ended up using the Raven as OWB.

Moot point, now. My TLR-3 snapped off of the rail, and I'm not absolutely not getting another one, so that Raven is worthless to me.

cfulback32
04-28-10, 11:51
Here's the G19 holster with the Open Bottom option I recently got from Peters Custom Holsters:

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad350/freyra2/P1000295-1.jpg

That looks like exactly what I think I would want for my G19.

ETA: made contact with Greg and will be ordering one soon!

TomF
04-28-10, 15:19

That depends. We changed our material at the beginning of 2010. I am not sure what Greg uses, so they may be different or they may be identical.

Greg builds a good holster. One system will never work for every person, so some guys may prefer ours and some may prefer his.

spamsammich
04-28-10, 15:22
That depends. We changed our material at the beginning of 2010. I am not sure what Greg uses, so they may be different or they may be identical.

Greg builds a good holster. One system will never work for every person, so some guys may prefer ours and some may prefer his.

I can confirm this. I have an older Phantom for an M&P 9 /x300 and my new G19 Phantom is noticeably thicker all around (body and loops). When I get some batteries in my calipers I can measure for you guys if you want.

rob_s
04-28-10, 15:22
I like both, just for different things. I have three Ravens so now I'll have to look and see if they are all the same thickness.

pete10
04-28-10, 16:55
One system will never work for every person, so some guys may prefer ours and some may prefer his.

I couldn't agree more. If I weren't wearing one of my own, I would wear a Raven (maybe that would be bad marketing on my part:D). Check out the designs from both of our catalogs. There is something in there for everyone. Congrats on the new digs by the way! I am jealous.

brian556
04-29-10, 05:38
I couldn't agree more. If I weren't wearing one of my own, I would wear a Raven (maybe that would be bad marketing on my part:D). Check out the designs from both of our catalogs. There is something in there for everyone. Congrats on the new digs by the way! I am jealous.

Just waned to chime in because I just received my Peters Holster a few days ago and have to say the design is exactly what I wanted. Too many IWB holsters add bulk and thickness to the profile of the weapon making it hard to conceal confidently. I live in muggy ass florida and rarely wear anything but T shirts and have no problem with concealment. Very solid design and I appreciate the quick delivery even though the weapon I ordered was not on the menu (left hand carry Sig 229 DAK)
Hopefully Ive buttered you up enough to ask a few questions now :)

I am having a slight issue with the top part of the holster that "protects" you from the back half of the slide chaffing my side. What is the best way to wear the holster against skin to prevent this?

I also would like to know if you would ever consider making a low profile clip option to replace the leather snaps? Maybe I will get faster over time but it is kind of a pain in the ass to put on an take off the holster incognito. For the times where you have to leave your firearm in the car but dont want to undress in the parking lot to remove or replace the holster :)

Other than that for me, truly a great holster and would recommend for sure

JSantoro
04-29-10, 18:21
I have a Comp-Tac that was doing that, too, as well as allowing heat to transmit to my hip from the takedown lever of my pistol during high round-count strings.

My solution was to get some of their moleskin and apply it, which dealt with the chafing very well and the heat transfer reasonably well; still transfers, but it's now tolerable, not outright painful. No burns on my hip, anyway.

It didn't add to the thickness of the holster, but only time will tell if it's something I'll need to re-apply or not. Stuff has its own adhesive backer, and I used Gorilla Glue on the edges to try and ensure that they stay in place. We'll see how that does.

pete10
04-30-10, 21:17
Just waned to chime in because I just received my Peters Holster a few days ago and have to say the design is exactly what I wanted. Too many IWB holsters add bulk and thickness to the profile of the weapon making it hard to conceal confidently. I live in muggy ass florida and rarely wear anything but T shirts and have no problem with concealment. Very solid design and I appreciate the quick delivery even though the weapon I ordered was not on the menu (left hand carry Sig 229 DAK)
Hopefully Ive buttered you up enough to ask a few questions now :)

I am having a slight issue with the top part of the holster that "protects" you from the back half of the slide chaffing my side. What is the best way to wear the holster against skin to prevent this?

I also would like to know if you would ever consider making a low profile clip option to replace the leather snaps? Maybe I will get faster over time but it is kind of a pain in the ass to put on an take off the holster incognito. For the times where you have to leave your firearm in the car but dont want to undress in the parking lot to remove or replace the holster :)

Other than that for me, truly a great holster and would recommend for sure

The best solution to the sweatguard issue is to wear a thin t shirt under garment. Sometimes too warm for that though. The guard is more for the weapon's protection from the salinity in your sweat.

Years ago, I offered both J clips and c clips for my IWB. I could still make you some if you like. The compromise is: To make them secure, they must have a decent amount of purchase under the belt. That actually makes them harder to remove than the snaps. If they are made to quickly remove the holster, you might just pull the holster off with the draw.

Drop me a line, we can work something out for you.

uwe1
05-03-10, 11:41
I placed a order with Greg Peters this weekend based off the shared info on this thread. I went with a Spada for a G17/TLR1 combo in coyote to be mounted on a multicam BFG belt for an upcoming TigerSwan pistol/carbine class. Communications was smooth and prompt via email. After seeing the modifications Rob_s made to his Spada, I asked Mr. Peters to cut down the sweat guard on mine. No problem was the reply. This is my first foray into the world of non-commercially offered holsters and I am very pleased with the initial contact and will post more when I receive the holster (4 weeks quoted lead time as of this weekend).

JohnnyC
05-07-10, 00:20
I'm hoping he can do a 1911 with high suppressor sights and open bottom for the threaded barrel, and a Sig 229R even though it's not listed on his website. Still waiting for an e-mail reply from him but I have high hopes for his holsters.

rob_s
05-07-10, 09:31
I placed a order with Greg Peters this weekend based off the shared info on this thread. I went with a Spada for a G17/TLR1 combo in coyote to be mounted on a multicam BFG belt for an upcoming TigerSwan pistol/carbine class. Communications was smooth and prompt via email. After seeing the modifications Rob_s made to his Spada, I asked Mr. Peters to cut down the sweat guard on mine. No problem was the reply. This is my first foray into the world of non-commercially offered holsters and I am very pleased with the initial contact and will post more when I receive the holster (4 weeks quoted lead time as of this weekend).

My second Spada, ordered for a gun without the light, was no guard as well. I think on a holster made for a MOLLE belt it's not needed, but I might have kept it if I was wearing it on the pants belt.

PrivateCitizen
05-07-10, 11:09
I am really on the fence between a Peters Spada and a Raven specifically for OWB. I wanting to move in that direction as often as possible.

I have a MTAC that I am reasonably pleased with for IWB so that roll is not really a factor.

On the concealability front are the 2 comparable?

I imagine I'll eventually order a Raven but coupled with the wait I figure I'd be happy to give Peters a go.

Can anyone share comparison experience?

Bourneshooter
05-07-10, 15:17
I've been talking to Greg about a ARES holster for a Glock 19/X300 that can retain with and without a Evolution 9 suppressor on the gun.

He is still working on the concept but it will be my first Peters holster for sure.

JackOSU
05-07-10, 19:21
I am really on the fence between a Peters Spada and a Raven specifically for OWB. I wanting to move in that direction as often as possible.

I have a MTAC that I am reasonably pleased with for IWB so that roll is not really a factor.

On the concealability front are the 2 comparable?

I imagine I'll eventually order a Raven but coupled with the wait I figure I'd be happy to give Peters a go.

Can anyone share comparison experience?

If you think the MTAC conceals well then you'll forget you have Greg's IWB on and have a much easier time concealing it. I know that was my experience and a lot of others' as well.

PrivateCitizen
05-07-10, 21:42
If you think the MTAC conceals well then you'll forget you have Greg's IWB on and have a much easier time concealing it. I know that was my experience and a lot of others' as well.

Thanks. However, as I said, I am looking at a Spada or Raven for OWB and wanting feedback on that method, not IWB.

Cheers!

zchen
05-09-10, 00:42
Placed an order for the spada(g19+tlr-1) and 2 mag carriers few days ago. will report back when received.

Robb Jensen
05-27-10, 06:16
Yesterday my Peters Spada holster for my S&W M&P Pro 9 with Surefire X300 in Coyote showed up in the mail. This holster is awesome. It fits my Eagle padded Molle belt very well. Very snug fit of the gun to the holster, great craftsmanship, very nice design. Thanks Greg!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/Petersholster.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/Petersholster2.jpg

calicojack
05-27-10, 17:48
delete

MookNW
05-27-10, 17:50
That looks GREAT.

JackOSU
05-27-10, 20:40
WOW! that's intriguing! how'd you mount it to the pals channels?

Unscrew the kydex loops and slip them through and reattach.

GLOCKMASTER
05-27-10, 20:47
Yesterday my Peters Spada holster for my S&W M&P Pro 9 with Surefire X300 in Coyote showed up in the mail. This holster is awesome. It fits my Eagle padded Molle belt very well. Very snug fit of the gun to the holster, great craftsmanship, very nice design. Thanks Greg!

Hey Robb looks great and now I think I need one in OD.:cool:

M4arc
05-27-10, 21:06

OOOOHHHHHH!

These holsters look awesome!

DocHolliday01
05-28-10, 09:42

Rob, How long did it take you to receive your holster once you placed your order?

Shane1
05-28-10, 12:29
Are those the Molle loops or did you just run standard belt loops thru it? Nice looking holster, Im ordering one for my G35 next week.

macnamara
05-28-10, 12:56
Yeah, it does look like a nice holster. The fact that there's no extra charge for CB is nice too.

PRMAN45ACP
05-29-10, 18:11
I order mine in CB last week, and the waiting time is 4 weeks minimun.:o

MookNW
06-05-10, 02:11
Forgive me for asking a stupid question. Will this holster, if molded for a weaponlight(specifically M&P9fs/x300) secure only the pistol? I would like to have 1 with weaponlight molding and 1 without , but the ol' holster fund is a little light this year.

jsebens
06-05-10, 05:40
Not a stupid question, but the answer's no. Because of how the holster holds the bare pistol (kydex slightly formed into recess of trigger guard) versus how it holds a pistol/light (kydex slightly formed into area behind light), there's a MASSIVE tension difference. Could you put a bare gun into a gun/light holster? Sure. Would it stay there with any regularity? No.

Edit - The only holster I'm aware of that WOULD do that is the Safariland ALS, and that's because, as far as I know, it's the only one that a) locks into the ejection port instead of the triggerguard, and b) has a mechanism to keep the barrel vertical even without a light on the gun.

MookNW
06-05-10, 09:22
Thanks, oh well.

jsebens
06-05-10, 09:43
Mook, if you have to pick one, I suggest you pick the one that holds the light. I haven't had any more difficulty concealing a G19 w/X300 than I did a bare G19.

uwe1
06-06-10, 00:11
My order date was May 1, 2010 and I haven't received my holster for G17/TLR1 combo yet. I'm very eager to get it now after seeing GotM4's photos.

uwe1
06-10-10, 19:40
Anyone know if Greg Peters is ok? My holster is about 1-2 weeks past due and I tried contacting him twice through email and his website, but I haven't received any reply. In the past communications have been prompt and easy.

jsebens
06-10-10, 20:24
Anyone know if Greg Peters is ok? My holster is about 1-2 weeks past due and I tried contacting him twice through email and his website, but I haven't received any reply. In the past communications have been prompt and easy.

Greg's fine, just crazy busy. Try him again, and make sure you've got the right address.

SW-Shooter
06-10-10, 21:24
Is the sweat guard necessary for a belt mounted holster? Would it be better not to have one that could poke you in the ribs.

Just asking because I'm interested.

JackOSU
06-10-10, 21:29
Is the sweat guard necessary for a belt mounted holster? Would it be better not to have one that could poke you in the ribs.

It all depends if you're just going to run it on a battle belt of if you're ever going to conceal it etc. The sweat guard is obviously designed to protect the weapon from you sweating on it and possilby causing advanced wear with the finish. For some platforms this is not even going to be an issue. I personally haven't found the holster's sweatguard to be bothersome and find it could somewhat be a benefit with keeping the tucked in undershirt away from the trigger guard even more when reholstering. YMMV.

uwe1
06-11-10, 16:56
The attemp at contacting him was done through his website so it should be the right address. I don't want to pester the guy...just wondering what ETA I should expect now that its past the 4 weeks.

Greg's fine, just crazy busy. Try him again, and make sure you've got the right address.

Titleist
06-11-10, 17:09
Finally took the plunge and order one of the Spadas for my M&P .45 and X300. Now I wait patiently for Greg to get an M&P Pro to start molding for that gun.

Rider79
06-11-10, 17:48
I picked up a used one for the fullsize M&P9 with X300. After modifying it with a Dremel to fit the threaded barrel on my SpecOps model I like it so far. I haven't started carrying it regularly yet because I haven't put enough practice in with the gun to start CCWing it. After using my Raven OWB with my Glock 17 I think I'd rather carry the Peters OWB too. How hard is it to get the OWB loops and any idea on wait time?

brian556
06-13-10, 18:01

I just finished a 3 day Tactical Handgun class with Randy Cain at Southern Exposure with my Peters IWB holster a few hours ago. I have absolutely no complaints regarding the comfort of the holster. I was running the class with my t shirt tucked in so I couldn't tell you about direct contact with the skin the whole time but as far as being a great low profile holster I totally recommend it. When I do carry it concealed against my skin, as long as the pistol is holstered you never notice the guard. If you want to walk around with just the holster on and no weapon it will bother you because it is like a plastic butter knife chaffing back and forth. Frankly I do not see the problem with that because when I remove my weapon from my pants I leave it in the holster unless I actually had to draw it on someone in which case I don't think I would notice the slight uncomfortable feeling of the guard. I did think it sucked when I first put the holster on because I did it with out the weapon.

jsebens
06-13-10, 19:29
The attemp at contacting him was done through his website so it should be the right address. I don't want to pester the guy...just wondering what ETA I should expect now that its past the 4 weeks.

Email him at greg(at)peterscustomholsters.com and ask. As the owner of my own business and accompanying website, I know how many glitches there are out there; he may never have gotten your message.

uwe1
06-16-10, 01:30
Email him at greg(at)peterscustomholsters.com and ask. As the owner of my own business and accompanying website, I know how many glitches there are out there; he may never have gotten your message.

Still no response after 2 weeks.....First prior email was a "Reply" to the same address I've been communicating with him (happens to be the same email you listed. Second attempt at contact was through the website. Now, the third was a new email with the address above and I'm not getting any reply.

It's all good as long as I eventually get it. I don't have a planned class until December. Until then, I've modified a Bladetech Level 2 holster with a Dremel to remove the retention capability and modified the contour to mirror that of the non retention light capable models. Now, to buy the drop/offset or molle attachment from Bladetech so I can mount it to my BFG belt.

zchen
06-19-10, 15:58
update on my order.
Spada for G19 w/TLR-1 (1.75" belt loops)
2 mag carriers
Order date 4/29
Received 6/19

Very happy with the quality. The material is a little bit thicker compared to my Raven(however it might be an older version) and about the same thickness as a bladetech. It has a tight fit right now compared to my Raven and Bladetech (definite audible click when the gun is inserted fully), but should loosen up with use.

I'm going to place an order for two more now (one g19 w/o light, one for g26).

Dirk Williams
06-19-10, 16:39
After following this thread I opted to purchase one of these style holsters. I carried it off duty with my 1911 for a day and a half and had to give up. It was killing me with dis-comfort.

Not meaning to offend anyone but these plastic or kydex holster are simply the most uncomfortable holster Ive ever used. Im back to my 20/25 year old Andrews, Blockers and Milt Sparks leather holsters.

I tried to objectively evaluate the products and apply it for my specific purpouse.

Used these rigs for plain clothes duty and off duty/court wear. I simply don't see a police plain clothes application if comfort and concealability are 1st and foremost the standard.

I can see added value if I were in a tactical situation perhaps or on the range or training/gaming.

Are plain clothes officers or high speed security guys really using these kydex rigs on a long term daily basis.

I am pleased with the quality of the product, and hope to find some application as Im tired of wasting money on doo dads I read about on these sites.

I came to the realization when I joined this m4carbine site that my gear has not changed much in the past 20 or so years.

I had hope's to up grade into these modern times with the latest cutting edge high speed gear.

Sadly Im discovering that perhaps my old gear isn't out dated or less funtional at all, it's simply become less vogue,and less sexy perhaps.

Im ok with less vogue or cool, im really into funtion and comfort. Regarding these holsters I don't think you can beat quality leather gear for duration and comfort.

Respectfully,
D Williams

rob_s
06-19-10, 18:04
Comfort is purely subjective. Is there really a difference between a cop carrying off-duty or plain-clothes duty and a non-cop carrying 12 hours a day in their everyday life?

Thousands of people have made the switch to Kydex holsters. Some, like yourself, briefly and without success and others, like me, have been impressed with the comfort and retention and are unlikely to go back to leather.

Question though, did you buy a Spada for use as a plainclothes/off-duty holster?

uwe1
06-19-10, 22:14
Thank you for updating. I placed my order 5/1 and made a final modification 5/3. Hopefullly, I should be getting my holster soon. Greg must be swamped and too busy to reply to emails, but is still churning out gear which is what we want.

I got the Spada for G17 w/TLR1 and 1.75" belt attachments.

update on my order.
Spada for G19 w/TLR-1 (1.75" belt loops)
2 mag carriers
Order date 4/29
Received 6/19

Very happy with the quality. The material is a little bit thicker compared to my Raven(however it might be an older version) and about the same thickness as a bladetech. It has a tight fit right now compared to my Raven and Bladetech (definite audible click when the gun is inserted fully), but should loosen up with use.

I'm going to place an order for two more now (one g19 w/o light, one for g26).

Dirk Williams
06-20-10, 10:47
Rob Im looking at one of them right now, there's no brand name on either, this one is a regular open top belt holster,"Not a Peter's". It's one several guys here recommended several months ago for plain clothes/off duty wear.

I had first purchased a Serpa and proudly shared that info with everybody here. I got spanked real bad about that set up being junk.

I asked for suggestions and this brand I purchased was suggested as the flavor of the week and a better way to go.

The Serpa's in the pile of stuff to give away to the new kids on the force as will these two kydex holsters in the near future.

It's kinda interesting as my work career winds down, I find myself using a Y harness for the bush with a WWII brown leather flap holster for my 1911, and canvass M14 pouchs for my ACIS 10 round mags..

I discovered that when I crawl for my sniper duties, my open top holsters turn into a shovel and fill with dirt and trash.

The WWII holster has done a fantastic job of keeping dirt and trash out of the holster.

Sorry I can't think of the brand name on these kydex rigs..

If I remember I will Ill let you know.

D Williams

Dirk Williams
06-20-10, 11:14
Rob, the holsters are brand name, Blade Tech.

D Williams

rob_s
06-20-10, 11:24
Rob Im looking at one of them right now, there's no brand name on either, this one is a regular open top belt holster,"Not a Peter's". It's one several guys here recommended several months ago for plain clothes/off duty wear.

I had first purchased a Serpa and proudly shared that info with everybody here. I got spanked real bad about that set up being junk.

I asked for suggestions and this brand I purchased was suggested as the flavor of the week and a better way to go.

The Serpa's in the pile of stuff to give away to the new kids on the force as will these two kydex holsters in the near future.

It's kinda interesting as my work career winds down, I find myself using a Y harness for the bush with a WWII brown leather flap holster for my 1911, and canvass M14 pouchs for my ACIS 10 round mags..

I discovered that when I crawl for my sniper duties, my open top holsters turn into a shovel and fill with dirt and trash.

The WWII holster has done a fantastic job of keeping dirt and trash out of the holster.

Sorry I can't think of the brand name on these kydex rigs..

If I remember I will Ill let you know.

D Williams

Based on this I think that your posts would be better in a thread about whether or not Kydex, or other plastic, is a viable material for your purposes. It's kind of coming out of left field in a thread specifically about the Peters Custom Holsters Spada line and I don't get the connection.

Dirk Williams
06-21-10, 10:30
I often confuse the opening thread by trying to apply the item being evaluated for my own use. Not at a range but on the streets every day.

Like I said Ive wasted thousands of dollars on gear first viewed on this site and promoted by guys like you. Much of the gear is marginal at best, but very sexy as it's the latest greatest.

This Peters gear does look go though.

Rob, sorry to rain on your parade.

D Williams

rob_s
06-21-10, 10:38
I don't have a parade to rain on.

I guess you go to car forums and post on threads about a Ford truck and how you once tried to use a GMC truck for drag racing but were upset it didn't work out too well?

I'm not discounting your experience, I'm simply pointing out that it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. How a Peters MOLLE-attached holster holds up for me in training doesn't seem to have much of anything to do with how a Serpa or a Blade Tech worked for you on duty.

When I read your first post I assumed that since the thread was about Peters Holsters your post was too.

calicojack
06-21-10, 11:20
delete

Shane1
06-21-10, 11:37
Dirk,

I use a Raven Phantom, G23 w/ x300, everyday for plain clothes LEO work. I carry it OWB, 8+ hours a day. I work patrol, traffic, investigations,everything I have to. The only time I dont use it is if we are serving warrants and I have an entry vest on, then the Safariland drop down comes out. Are you carrying IWB or OWB? My Raven has been tops FOR ME as far as comfort, concealability when needed, and security. I use it at my part time .Gov job also. Until recently, I used a Raven Phantom OWB for Glock 22/27 off duty for everyday concealed carry. I have found that comfort when it comes to holsters is a very personal thing . I have a Bladetech IWB for my Glock that I have had/used for years . I never had any problems comfort wise until recently. Maybe Im getting to the age where I just want to stick to a OWB holster. I recently ordered a Peters Spada for a G35 w/x300 combo to take place of my RCS for everyday. When it comes, I will post a review.

rob_s
06-21-10, 11:44
i for one would like to hear from someone that chooses to use one of these (PCH's) while on patrol, or deployed in a foward combat area. Three gun is all fine and dandy but to be honest competitions don't do half the shit a LEO or a Military person does on a daily basis.

ie: his comments about an open topped holster filling full of dirt while conducting sniper operations, or how a peter's would work when having to scale multiple fences while in a foot chase, etc.

I wouldn't be opposed to hearing that, but it wouldn't have any bearing on me as these are not the things I'm doing. Much like I read about what the "teams" are doing with passive interest because my "team" is a 90 lbs woman, a 70 lbs kid, and a 15 lbs dog.

I like to hear stories about top fuel drag racing too, but that doesn't influence the car I drive to work in.

Competition, training classes, and CCW are my reality (and the reality of the vast majority here), so the experiences I have in that reality are what I relay.

I think it would be great if someone that has a Peters and is using it on duty would add to the thread. I'm not sure I see the connection to complaining about a holster made by a completely different company with the only similarity being that they might be made from the same material...

Dirk Williams
06-21-10, 14:11
Shane 1, your review has merit FOR ME. Thank you for your input. Maybe I should try one of my glocks instead of a 1911.

Rob I understand your point, I guess my problem is simply that in my pea brain kydex is kydex is kydex no matter how you slice it.

The holster still attach's conventionally via a belt or IWB.

As for high speed guys in the shit. I have a hard time believing they are wearing holsters that secure the hand gun with only friction. That's a disaster waitng to happen.

Ill say it again this Fella Peter's, holster looks top notch.

I hope he sells a ton of them to the fella's. In fact I think Ill order one for my glock 17.

Peace,
D Williams

Sherman A. House
06-21-10, 14:31
Great point Rob. I've spent a good many hours working vehicular defense, because it's part of my reality. I've used it, it works. My, "team," is also light, and both luckily fit in an open top Kifaru pack! Good emphasis though on preparing for, "your," reality. Nobody can plan for everything, but I'm sure, like me, you've seen more than a few of our ilk that are preparing for situations that they most likely, barring a SKYNET invasion, would never, ever use, even in the event of the zombie apocalypse.

I too have a SPADA, but like you have used it primarily for training and competition. I think it is a great holster...truly secure and comfortable, yet readily accessible. Greg has done a great job with it!

I wouldn't be opposed to hearing that, but it wouldn't have any bearing on me as these are not the things I'm doing. Much like I read about what the "teams" are doing with passive interest because my "team" is a 90 lbs woman, a 70 lbs kid, and a 15 lbs dog.

I like to hear stories about top fuel drag racing too, but that doesn't influence the car I drive to work in.

Competition, training classes, and CCW are my reality (and the reality of the vast majority here), so the experiences I have in that reality are what I relay.

I think it would be great if someone that has a Peters and is using it on duty would add to the thread. I'm not sure I see the connection to complaining about a holster made by a completely different company with the only similarity being that they might be made from the same material...

Dennis
06-22-10, 12:55
I ordered a couple holsters from Peters over a month ago and never heard back from a couple emailed questions... Should I worry at all or just wait and see? As previously posted, they charged my CC immediately upon ordering.

I am sure they are busy, but it seems a quick one line email response couldn't hurt.

Thanks,

Dennis.

uwe1
06-22-10, 20:54
I ordered a couple holsters from Peters over a month ago and never heard back from a couple emailed questions... Should I worry at all or just wait and see? As previously posted, they charged my CC immediately upon ordering.

I am sure they are busy, but it seems a quick one line email response couldn't hurt.

Thanks,

Dennis.

I'm in the same boat as you. It's been three weeks since my holster was supposed to arrive, and I haven't received any notice or email replies (4 emails sent in 3 weeks).

Edited to Add: I finally got in touch with Greg by sending him an email (not PM) through M4C. Holster is to ship Thursday.

Dennis
06-23-10, 01:59
I'm in the same boat as you. It's been three weeks since my holster was supposed to arrive, and I haven't received any notice or email replies (4 emails sent in 3 weeks).

Edited to Add: I finally got in touch with Greg by sending him an email (not PM) through M4C. Holster is to ship Thursday.

Thanks, I'll try that in a few weeks when it's officially really late :D

Dennis.

uwe1
07-01-10, 22:51
I received my PCH Spada today. Order date ~5/1, Receive date 7/1.

It looks great. One problem I'm having is that the holster is EXTREMELY tight. I attached it to my BFG SOC-C belt and am unable to draw my G17/TLR1 one handed. Meaning, I have to hold the holster down with my left hand while drawing with my right hand. The same happens on my pants belt. I just give myself a wedgie :D! When reholstering, I have to really shove the gun into the holster and there is a loud audible pop when it goes in.

I've read that others have had tight holsters too, but was it this tight? How long did it take to break in? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

rob_s
07-02-10, 04:53
Both of mine have been tight as well. With my first one I went from NIB to 500+ presentations in two days so break-in happened rather quickly.

uwe1
07-02-10, 10:15
Both of mine have been tight as well. With my first one I went from NIB to 500+ presentations in two days so break-in happened rather quickly.

Do you use any type of belt keeper to keep the war belt from hiking up during your draw? My belly isn't big enough to hold it down (31 waist) and I noticed you were slimmer as well.

rob_s
07-02-10, 10:25
you hit on one of the big reasons I like the Warhog belt so much. It has a velcro loop lining which mates up to a velcro hook pants belt. The entire system works together very well.

GlockWRX
07-02-10, 11:07
Maybe one of you guys can answer my question. I sent an email through the Peters website but haven't received a reply yet. Must be busy making holsters!

Anyway, does anyone know if they can do a Spada for a G34/X300 combo?

uwe1
07-02-10, 18:02
you hit on one of the big reasons I like the Warhog belt so much. It has a velcro loop lining which mates up to a velcro hook pants belt. The entire system works together very well.

I see why you didn't stay with the BFG belt. I'm going to try to make mine work. Do you happen to have any pictures of how the velcro system works? I might be able to get my wife to sew a velcro type attachment to keep the warbelt to my riggers belt. It helps to have a few industrial sewing machines in the house.

rob_s
07-02-10, 18:55
I see why you didn't stay with the BFG belt. I'm going to try to make mine work. Do you happen to have any pictures of how the velcro system works? I might be able to get my wife to sew a velcro type attachment to keep the warbelt to my riggers belt. It helps to have a few industrial sewing machines in the house.

Warhog belt review (http://docs.google.com/View?id=drnhb8z_235dq6w3df6)

Shane1
07-03-10, 08:37
GlockWRX,

Unless Greg has changed his mind, he can make Spada's for the 34/35. When ordering, in the comments section you need to specify your combo. I ordered mine a couple ago.

uwe1
07-05-10, 17:03

Rob, have your RCS holsters been tight NIB?

Rider79
07-05-10, 17:12
Rob, have your RCS holsters been tight NIB?

Not Rob, but mine haven't been. The new RCS holsters I've purchased were smooth right out of the box.

uwe1
07-05-10, 17:54
Maybe one of you guys can answer my question. I sent an email through the Peters website but haven't received a reply yet. Must be busy making holsters!

Anyway, does anyone know if they can do a Spada for a G34/X300 combo?

The best way that I've been able to get through to Greg is to send an email to him through THIS site. He posted on the first page of this thread under "pete10". Select send email to user. With this method, I've gotten through to him without fail (It seems to go to his wireless device). Email through his site has been inconsistent. I just sent him an email about 20 minutes ago and he replied within 5 minutes. It doesn't get better than that! :D

uwe1
07-05-10, 18:15
Not Rob, but mine haven't been. The new RCS holsters I've purchased were smooth right out of the box.

I thought about canceling my RCS Phantom (I didn't want too many redundant OWB kydex holsters) in favor of trying to get my hands on a Milt Sparks VM2, or Kramer #2 or #3 for IWB carry (which is more suitable for my frame), but my current Spada isn't releasing the gun very smoothly, even after 100-150+ presentations. The Spada holster is well made, and the design...it just really appeals to me. Obviously, it's been working well for many others, but mine has been a bit temperamental.

This morning, my wife was laughing at me trying to pull my gun out of the holster, as the holster ended up releasing only as my pants/riggers belt caught (painfully) under my ribcage. She muttered something to the effect that I'd be dead before I could get the gun drawn.

So, I contacted Greg...the man is a class act. He offered me a no nonsense solution and I'll update on the results.

Mak8080
07-06-10, 16:11
Wow....been keeping up on this thread and am patiently waiting for my Spada to arrive. I guess the wait isn't as bad as Raven.:D

On a side note, my Raven Phantoms weren't tight when I received them. It didn't need any breaking in at all.

cfulback32
07-19-10, 16:28
Has anyone had any luck speaking with Greg lately?

Don Robison
07-19-10, 16:33
Has anyone had any luck speaking with Greg lately?

I got an email from him a couple of days ago. He said May, June and July his business increased 20 fold and he was having a hard time keeping up. I ordered May 8 and got my shipping notification Saturday night. He's working hard, just overwhelmed with the response to his product.

cfulback32
07-19-10, 16:44
I got an email from him a couple of days ago. He said May, June and July his business increased 20 fold and he was having a hard time keeping up. I ordered May 8 and got my shipping notification Saturday night. He's working hard, just overwhelmed with the response to his product.

Ok, good to hear.

uwe1
07-21-10, 21:58
Ok, good to hear.

I got a USPS shipping notice for my replacement Spada yesterday, so he's still working on his backlog. My email contact with him was 7/05.

pete10
07-22-10, 03:47
Hey guys,
Thanks for your patience on your orders. I am truly working day and night to get holsters out the door. I have a second shop coming on line next week. That should alleviate some of the pressure and the lead times should respond favorably. At this point, it isn't really a backlog, just a log as orders are keeping up with shipping.

Thanks again for your business and patience. I appreciate both more than you can imagine.

Greg Peters
Peters Custom Holsters

rob_s
07-22-10, 05:20
Greg thanks for the post, and I wish you continued success.

rushca01
07-28-10, 07:52
I may get murdered for this question but what is the current average wait time?

pete10
07-28-10, 08:07
We are running about eight weeks. No violence shall be done.

PRMAN45ACP
07-28-10, 17:41
My order was placed on 5/16 and I still waiting.:(

rushca01
07-30-10, 18:50
Placed my order today, looking forward to it!

Spada in coyote brown for a 1911 5" no light.

DocHolliday01
07-30-10, 19:18
Ordered on 5/26 a Spada in coyote for my Glock 19 and a black Spada for my Nighthawk, both with rails. Card was charged on 7/02/10 but I haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything so not really sure whats going on. :confused:

ryan
07-30-10, 19:24
Ordered on 5/26 a Spada in coyote for my Glock 19 and a black Spada for my Nighthawk, both with rails. Card was charged on 7/02/10 but I haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything so not really sure whats going on. :confused:

Ordered mine 5/19, 8 week lead time gives me 1 or so to go, so you got awhile yet

DocHolliday01
07-30-10, 20:08
Has your card already been charged?

ryan
07-30-10, 20:15
Yes'sir

PRMAN45ACP
07-30-10, 20:45
My card been charged too, order on 5/16/10.:(

ryan
07-30-10, 20:48
It will be worth the wait, (nail biting continues), I researched kydex for awhile b4 i went with Peters, they are the only ones offering what I wanted.

cfulback32
08-05-10, 22:12
Hold Fast for G19

Ordered: 5-27
Charged: 7-6
Shipped: 8-5

I'll be sure and let everyone know what I think! I'm coming from a Raven IWB that I could never get comfortable enough due to the corners at the bottom hitting things while sitting. Hopefully the hold fast will solve that problem.

uwe1
08-06-10, 00:50
I've had about two weeks with my new Spada for G17/TLR. It's much smoother than the original one I received. The main differences I can tell are that the retention for the original one appeared to be mostly at the locking screw of the TLR, the retention at the ejection port is more aggressive, and the holster appears to have less wrap around the waist. The newer Spada has retention set behind the TLR and there isn't heavy molding around the TLR screw which is allowing for a much smoother draw with a very positive click when reholstering. Also, the newer Spada conforms around my waist much better.

Other observations...The belt loops on the original Spada was thinner (less than 1 cm) and the replacement Spada came with loops that were about 1 cm thick. Some cosmetic and tactile differences, compared to Bladetech holsters I own are that the Peters is much more roughly finished. All the kydex edges are very sharp and abrasive while the two Bladetech holsters I've possessed are smoother and seemed to be better finished. I took some 1500 grit sandpaper and smoothed out the rough edges on my Peters.

Like rob_s did, I also removed material underneath the trigger guard because my middle finger was getting rubbed raw. This was especially noticeable because my Glocks all have the bottom of the trigger guard thinned down to allow for a slightly higher grip. My original order was for a Spada with the sweat guard cut down, but the new one came with one. I'm not sure I really like the sweat guard, but I'll run some drills and eventually decide whether or not to dremel it off.

As a side note, my G19/TLR works very well in the holster.

JChops
08-06-10, 10:58
Some cosmetic and tactile differences, compared to Bladetech holsters I own are that the Peters is much more roughly finished. All the kydex edges are very sharp and abrasive while the two Bladetech holsters I've possessed are smoother and seemed to be better finished. I took some 1500 grit sandpaper and smoothed out the rough edges on my Peters.

I agree with you here. Love the Spada but mine needed some mods as well.

1. Cut off the sweat guard with a cutoff wheel. Rough cut is fine, since you'll be finishing it with sandpaper afterward. (It's mounted on a USGG belt so I had no need for the flap sticking up.)

2. Dehorn all the very sharp edges. I used a file to knock off the edge, then switched to very fine sandpaper to give it a smoother touch and taper. I did this all the way around the top of the holster, as well as the sides and bottom. It is very much dehorned now, and no matter how you slide your hand over it, you won't get rubbed raw. (This mod does not interfere with the retention at all since that is happening much further down inside the holster.)

3. This last one was my preference, and certainly not required like the previous two options, but I opted to send my Spada to be Multicam dipped.

It is now my favorite holster.

Titleist
08-07-10, 22:15
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/4870754032_db2c671c2e_b.jpg

SeriousStudent
08-08-10, 00:00
Really nice lighting on that shot. :)

PRMAN45ACP
08-09-10, 18:32
I have my holster today for my G20-21 with X300,after wait 2 1/2 months.The holster looks excellent and well done, but I have a little problem.Don't fit my pistols,apparently they send me the wrong holster ,to small. I e-mail few minutes ago to see how can take care of me.Hopefully I have a fast response, before I need to e-mail 4 times to know status of the order. So is in the box to sended back.:rolleyes:

pete10
08-09-10, 18:53
Check your email and PM.

PRMAN45ACP
08-09-10, 21:29
Thanks, Greg for take care of my holster issue and response fast. Talk to you next week when back to the shop.:)

pete10
08-09-10, 21:50
No problem brother.

uwe1
08-10-10, 01:59
I agree with you here. Love the Spada but mine needed some mods as well.

It is now my favorite holster.

I like how close it carries the gun to the body. It is far closer than the tek-lok and paddle attachments on the Bladetech holsters. I can see myself carrying OWB with a jacket in the winter with this. Dry fire with the new Spada at home has been great, but I haven't made it to the range lately.

The jury is still out on whether the Spada or the Bladetech with the Drop/Offset attachment will sit on my BFG SOC Belt.

t1tan
08-15-10, 21:43
Anybody give the Ares subload a try yet? Looking for insight as I've been throwing around the idea of a 6004, but this caught my attention.

J_B
08-19-10, 22:16
Anybody give the Ares subload a try yet? Looking for insight as I've been throwing around the idea of a 6004, but this caught my attention.

I love mine but have no action pics. I would not carry this on duty as there is no retention like the 6004/5 but otherwise this thing is good to go!!!!
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/J_B/32565_1304723705711_1459070778_3072.jpg
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/J_B/Ares.jpg
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/J_B/photo2.jpg

mwc5
08-20-10, 22:07
Hrrrummph !!!

Was going to order Atomic Dog & pouches for my M&P, now I need to re-evaluate.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

MookNW
08-31-10, 16:24
I'd figure that with all the orders for these holsters, backed up or not, we'd be seeing more user pics. Where are they all going?

edmorseiii
08-31-10, 20:26
I'd figure that with all the orders for these holsters, backed up or not, we'd be seeing more user pics. Where are they all going?

Just realized Peters monitored the thread, I will PM before I post this.

edmorseiii
08-31-10, 20:39
Well apparently petes PMs are full. I will try an other email before I gripe about them in a public forum.

Sierrahotel83
09-04-10, 07:37
A couple of weeks ago I decided to get a holster for my new pistol/ light... I looked at blade-tech, Raven and at the Spada. in the end it came down to I liked the way it looked, the price and figured that everyone is getting a raven, the real selling point for me was the option of a molle mount, and as I had planned on putting the holster on a Battle belt type set up this is the thing that really sold me.:cool:

newyork
09-06-10, 19:24
Just ordered one for a G19 and a mag carrier. I'll be back for a Spada if I'm pleased. What are the wait times?

J_B
09-06-10, 19:48
Just ordered one for a G19 and a mag carrier. I'll be back for a Spada if I'm pleased. What are the wait times?

Mine was about 4 weeks or so.

DocHolliday01
09-06-10, 19:53
I ordered mine back in the 2nd or 3rd week of May. I ordered 2 Spada's, 1 for my 1911/x300 and one for my G19/x3oo. I received a notice from USPS about a month ago say they had received shipping info for the package, but didn't get a shipping notice until the end of last week. I ordered these two the same time that I ordered the RCS Phantom and have had the RCS for about 3 weeks. I hope the Spada's are worth the wait.

edmorseiii
09-06-10, 20:18
I hope the Spada's are worth the wait.

Me too.

J_B
09-06-10, 20:26
I wouldn't get too upset. I emailed him, waited for a bit and then got an answer about it.

The sad thing is, I've used the Ares for a Glock 19 twice since I bought it last year.

Sierrahotel83
09-06-10, 20:28
Mine was about 4 weeks or so.

I asked titleist the same question and got the same answer... 4to 5 weeks

Oh yeah is there a correlation between being charged and recieving the holster... I mean I am not getting impatient just wondering

edmorseiii
09-06-10, 20:29
I wouldn't get too upset. I emailed him, waited for a bit and then got an answer about it.

The sad thing is, I've used the Ares twice since I bought it last year.

I understand the wait, but I have sent 2 emails in the last month just looking for an update and received no reply.

As for a wait time, I ordered mine back on June 1st, payment was taken on July 6th. I sent an email on July 23 about a modification to the order and got and answer immediately. No updates since.

ryan
09-06-10, 20:50
Order placed 6/19/10 card charged same day, recieved email monday of last week it would be entering production last week, so still waiting.

MookNW
09-06-10, 22:38
Spada/LC order placed 7/4, no-one answered phone for c.c. info, 4 messages left. Nothing. 2 emails sent. Nothing. E-mailed thru m4c. Nothing.
No progress report, no contact except for a computer generated order confirmation after order was placed 2 months ago.

uwe1
09-06-10, 22:49
This has been my experience with PCH as well (lack of communication and longer than quoted delays). The original order took about 6 weeks from the day the order was placed to the time it arrived at my door. My first holster was a little tight, but Greg took care of that after a couple emails. The replacement holster I received has broken in well and I'm very happy with it. My previous experience was with Bladetech and Blackhawk Serpas so I don't have any experience with other "boutique" holster makers, but the Peters Spada appears to be solidly made.

J_B
09-07-10, 01:22
I understand the wait, but I have sent 2 emails in the last month just looking for an update and received no reply.

As for a wait time, I ordered mine back on June 1st, payment was taken on July 6th. I sent an email on July 23 about a modification to the order and got and answer immediately. No updates since.

That's a bummer. I hope all of you get your orders sorted. In the meantime, I'm gonna sell my Ares....shameless plug I know!!!!

newyork
09-07-10, 11:38
Just called and got through right away. I was quoted 8 weeks except for a G19 it might be faster because its so common they do them in batches. Nice guy. He charges cards within a week of ordering he said.

edmorseiii
09-10-10, 13:35
Spada/LC order placed 7/4, no-one answered phone for c.c. info, 4 messages left. Nothing. 2 emails sent. Nothing. E-mailed thru m4c. Nothing.
No progress report, no contact except for a computer generated order confirmation after order was placed 2 months ago.

Where did you find their number, it is not on the contact us page?

MookNW
09-10-10, 14:43
Sorry to not follow up,Greg got through to me the other day and said my order should be in my hands two weeks late. About 10 days from now.

newyork
09-10-10, 14:51
Where did you find their number, it is not on the contact us page?

The phone number was at the bottom of the confirmation email I received after ordering. 6145785906

edmorseiii
09-10-10, 16:02
Just got off the phone with Greg, I am a special case, don't take my experiences as the way things are going.

I should have my holster next week, can't wait! :D

orlanger
09-10-10, 17:40
I guess I should attempt to get him on the phone. I ordered a Spada for M&P 9c June 7th. No reponse to three email inquiring on the status.

I actually forgot about it until I read this thread.

Mak8080
09-10-10, 19:30
My order was placed 6/8 or so. I've emailed him a few times and left him some VM's. I haven't received a response at all. I know he's busy so it's going on 3 months or so. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it'll show up one of these days. I do believe that my CC was charged when I placed the order, but I'd have to double check.

dcgallim
09-10-10, 19:53
I guess I've learned from all of the complaints here that there is NO WAY I'll give this guy my business. If you want to take someones money you need to be able to hold up your end of the agreement in some sort of reasonable time frame.

ryan
09-10-10, 23:45
Busy means good. I dont mind waiting a little extra to get a topnotch custom holster. The only "complaints" I have seen are of wait time not of quality. I problly wouldnt have had to wait so long if I hadnt ordered a bit of an oddball.

JackOSU
09-11-10, 13:58
I guess I've learned from all of the complaints here that there is NO WAY I'll give this guy my business. If you want to take someones money you need to be able to hold up your end of the agreement in some sort of reasonable time frame.

Fair enough if you don't want to give Greg your business, but before you paint with a broad brush or slam a guy with your 3rd post you need to know that Greg has a full time job besides making holsters. He's pretty much a solo operation as well. His business has blown up to big proportions in the past 6-9 months. I would cut the guy some slack. He offers a great product and as anyone knows in this climate an 8 week wait is pretty good for any product. For more elaborate or rare orders it will take a little bit longer.

I know Greg personally and he has NO intentions of screwing over anyone or making them wait any longer than they have to. There are countless times where he's been up all night long and always works on the weekends to fulfill orders as fast as possible. I think one should also look at the link on the webpage that clearly tells anyone that their payment will be charged before the work begins and he has done all he can do to get things out in a "reasonable" timeframe.

http://www.shop.peterscustomholsters.com/termsandconditions.sc

All in all I believe the responses from those that have the product are that it's solid and gtg. If there has been a problem with any product Greg has made it right. I think the biggest thing is the ability to communicate things via email or his cell. I can understand the frustration with this and some points are probably very valid, but consider his situation some. I know he would love to turn out everyone's holsters in a week if he could. He's a solid guy and again has no intentions of screwing anyone or making them wait any longer than needed.

edmorseiii
09-11-10, 14:30
To add to that, he did tell me that he brought someone else on to increase production. Like I said I am a special case, so do not take my experience for the way he does business.

Mak8080
09-11-10, 16:06
My order was placed 6/8 or so. I've emailed him a few times and left him some VM's. I haven't received a response at all. I know he's busy so it's going on 3 months or so. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it'll show up one of these days. I do believe that my CC was charged when I placed the order, but I'd have to double check.

I just wanted to clarify my comment. I wasn't complaining or "putting down" his holsters. I just wished I had a litter better communicaiton. The reason I went with holsters is I've heard all the positive comments regarding quality, fit, finish etc. The wait doesn't bother me too much as I understand that his business is blowing up. I did speak with Greg before placing my order and he stressed that demand has increased significantly. I'm sure he's a standup guy and look forward to my holsters.

PRMAN45ACP
09-11-10, 17:18
My experience with Peters holsters was not a good one. First of all I was in contact with Greg by e-mails and one time by phone.He looks like a serious and resposible bussiness man.I placed my order on 5/16 for SPADA G21 with X300 light left handed.After e-mail him around 4 times and never have and answer I received the holster on 8/9,and like a posted previously was the wrong holster.I e-mail the same date and Greg answer me that he's correcting the error and going to send me the correct one.2 nd holster received on 9/1 was wrong again, he send me a right hand holster. I talked to him in the phone and told me that he's going to return my money back(which he did) inmediately and make the correct one for free. Today 9/11 I received the 3rd holster and for my surprise don't fit the gun again to small and I notice the lack of quality and finish in details of the holster in comparison with the 2 previously sent .He send me a shipping label to return 2 of the holster and keep one if I want to experiment with it.Like I said he looks like pretty decent for me,at least return my money back and try to correct the error.Maybe because I'm left handed is more difficult for him to make the holster,"I'm just saying".:confused:

Alpha Sierra
09-11-10, 17:39
This is the deal. Most custom holster makers are one-man shops run part time.

Anyone who orders from a small, custom shop needs to accept a few things.

1) Communications may not always be timely. Sometimes e-mails or phone call follow ups fall through the cracks.

2) Unless one needs to communicate something important directly related to the holster's configuration, it is best to leave the man alone to WORK. That is why I don't call or e-mail asking when I will get my holster. Only if the quoted lead time has been exceeded by a significant margin (like a month) without notice do I make contact.

3) Quoted lead time will be variable and +/- 2 weeks should not be cause for alarm or concern.

That has been my experience working with custom leather holster makers and I see no reason why small custom kydex holster makers will be different.

I have a PCH IWB on order since 8/16. If another month goes by without receiving the holster or getting an updated lead time, then I will bother Greg.

rob_s
09-11-10, 18:15
Fair enough if you don't want to give Greg your business, but before you paint with a broad brush or slam a guy with your 3rd post you need to know that Greg has a full time job besides making holsters. He's pretty much a solo operation as well. His business has blown up to big proportions in the past 6-9 months. I would cut the guy some slack. He offers a great product and as anyone knows in this climate an 8 week wait is pretty good for any product. For more elaborate or rare orders it will take a little bit longer.

I know Greg personally and he has NO intentions of screwing over anyone or making them wait any longer than they have to. There are countless times where he's been up all night long and always works on the weekends to fulfill orders as fast as possible. I think one should also look at the link on the webpage that clearly tells anyone that their payment will be charged before the work begins and he has done all he can do to get things out in a "reasonable" timeframe.

http://www.shop.peterscustomholsters.com/termsandconditions.sc

All in all I believe the responses from those that have the product are that it's solid and gtg. If there has been a problem with any product Greg has made it right. I think the biggest thing is the ability to communicate things via email or his cell. I can understand the frustration with this and some points are probably very valid, but consider his situation some. I know he would love to turn out everyone's holsters in a week if he could. He's a solid guy and again has no intentions of screwing anyone or making them wait any longer than needed.

I like the guy, I like the products, but frankly nobody gives a shit about any of this. At least I wouldn't. People pay their money and they want communication and they want product in the timeline promised. Frankly I don't think anyone cares as to excuses or reasons why those things can't be delivered. At least I know I don't. Not from Peters, not from Raven, not from the ice cream man. Tell me a price, tell me when I can expect my product, and get it to me for that price (and frankly charge me when it's ready) and within that timeframe, and if something happens to alter either get in touch with me and tell me so.

Again, like the product, like the guy, but this is business. Personal problems/restraints are just that, personal. "Situation" is irrelevant is business, right up until it hampers business, and then people are just going to move on. Again, not personal, just business.

I have a rather low tolerance for this as it's what I deal with every single day in the construction business. "We'll do the electrical work for $1 mil and be there in two weeks and be done in 6 months" only to have them show up in 6 weeks, want $2 mil, and want to take a year, and give me all manner of excuses as to why the original agreement wasn't right. I frankly don't care.

YMMV

Again, I like Greg, I like his products, and I do understand that he got nailed with a ton of orders he wasn't expecting, but consumers don't care about this, and shouldn't care.

JackOSU
09-11-10, 19:04
I like the guy, I like the products, but frankly nobody gives a shit about any of this. At least I wouldn't. People pay their money and they want communication and they want product in the timeline promised. Frankly I don't think anyone cares as to excuses or reasons why those things can't be delivered. At least I know I don't. Not from Peters, not from Raven, not from the ice cream man. Tell me a price, tell me when I can expect my product, and get it to me for that price (and frankly charge me when it's ready) and within that timeframe, and if something happens to alter either get in touch with me and tell me so.

Again, like the product, like the guy, but this is business. Personal problems/restraints are just that, personal. "Situation" is irrelevant is business, right up until it hampers business, and then people are just going to move on. Again, not personal, just business.

I have a rather low tolerance for this as it's what I deal with every single day in the construction business. "We'll do the electrical work for $1 mil and be there in two weeks and be done in 6 months" only to have them show up in 6 weeks, want $2 mil, and want to take a year, and give me all manner of excuses as to why the original agreement wasn't right. I frankly don't care.

YMMV

Again, I like Greg, I like his products, and I do understand that he got nailed with a ton of orders he wasn't expecting, but consumers don't care about this, and shouldn't care.

Well if you don't give a shit about it Rob or think others do either then why add another one of your great posts to the thread?

Boy your reputation precedes you...:rolleyes:

titsonritz
09-11-10, 19:21
Alpha Sierra has hit the nail on the head. I do not personally know Greg nor do I own any of his products, my only “experience” with his holsters is second hand via others with whom I train. I do, however, have quite a bit of experience with smaller, custom shops that produce high quality, coveted products in terms of gear. The bottom line is, as a consumer it is your responsibility to be an informed consumer and the fact is small custom shops typically have long lead times and generally do not have the ability to address a high volume of emails and phone calls, to do so would mean even fewer holsters being produced. If you are truly in need of a holster quickly then order a Blade-Tech or some other semi-mass produced product. Bombing the guy with emails and phone call will only slow down the process for everyone. Accept it, he isn’t Wal-Mart.

Alpha Sierra
09-11-10, 20:59

YMMV

Well then, move on.......

I tend to treat people I do business with differently when they are resource constrained and their small schedule slips don't affect my job.

To make no distinction between how to treat suppliers in a B2B relationship and suppliers in a personal relationship is, IMO, ridiculous.

YMMV

jsebens
09-11-10, 21:50

YMMV

Rob, nobody's asking you to care. People are sharing information that explains the situation. I recall you were the one who said that you couldn't see how Greg could possibly have anything to offer that you were interested in...and then when you got the holster, you were very complimentary.

PCH is a 1 (now 2) man shop, not a major construction company. If he goes to the ER because he cuts his hand open, your holster gets delayed. If you can't deal with that, you shouldn't be ordering from a small shop; skip on over to a massive company that makes a less-functional holster like BladeTech.

Greg's as honest as the day is long. I've personally seen him screw himself over to make a difficult customer happy. If you have a problem with him, his product, or his service, I suggest you try his email (greg@peterscustomholsters.com), his phone (6145785906), through his website (https://www.shop.peterscustomholsters.com/contactus.sc), or through this forum (pete10). If you can't reach him at any of those, email me at jake@aresgear.com and I'll help you get in touch with him.

rob_s
09-11-10, 23:13
As stated, this isn't about Greg as a person. I absolutely believe that his intentions are good, as are his products. I have no doubt that he is an honest man and I do not by any means believe that it is his intention to screw anyone over. He is a small shop that makes a good product that has gotten a lot of favorable press (I believe that at least some of which came from me, as I was the one that started this thread) which has overwhelmed him.

This is about business. What you see in this thread is disenfranchised customers who are unhappy about their experiences. Personal constraints on business are irrelevant. It's business. Evidently some of you have a personal attachment or relationship with Greg and it appears that this is coloring your view on the situation at hand. Put yourselves in the shoes of a guy who has placed an order, had their card charged, had their deadline missed, and is getting no response to their attempts at communication.

I don't have an issue with Greg or his products. Small shops have limitations, this is true. But in business, communication is critical. I fully understand the "if I'm answering emails I'm not working on product" argument. In fact I hear it every day. Again, in business this is irrelevant. Communication matters.

Making this a personal issue is a red herring. You guys are asking people to understand the extraneous circumstances and I'm pointing out that people have a right to be concerned about their money and product regardless of those issues, especially when those issues aren't being communicated to them.

jsebens
09-11-10, 23:26
Rob, Greg was getting excellent attention before you ever heard of him. That aside, I think you would be right in saying that you have contributed to this thread.

My personal feelings are not coloring my reaction at all, unless you mean my personal opinion of the nature of custom goods. Small shops have delays. If you can't or won't deal with that, that's perfectly fine. Give your money to big shops.

I have been in that guy's shoes; that is why I make an effort to return communications ASAP, and why I offered to help anyone who can't contact Greg.

Greg is not overwhelmed; he suffered some minor setbacks, and is now in fact accelerating production.

I don't think you know what a "red herring" is; none of us are deliberately trying to change the subject. The circumstances are not "extraneous", as you termed them; they are in fact relevant to the issue at hand. Lack of comms can be due to one of several reasons; dishonesty (which we've eliminated), unattention (which we've eliminated), never having received the buyer's request for comms (which has been the case in the past), etc.

All this said, I understand what you're saying, and agree with some of it. The customer deserves to know what's going on with his money. Any customer of Greg's who doesn't know what his status is can contact Greg; if that fails, I will carry the message.

I think you're painting PCH with a rather broad brush, and trying to lump the company in with some of the other companies who have had extraordinarily long wait times or disappeared from the marketplace while holding people's money. This is simply not the truth, and your portraiture of PCH's situation with customers is either intentionally deceptive, or naive. I prefer to think it's naive.

As stated, this isn't about Greg as a person. I absolutely believe that his intentions are good, as are his products. I have no doubt that he is an honest man and I do not by any means believe that it is his intention to screw anyone over. He is a small shop that makes a good product that has gotten a lot of favorable press (I believe that at least some of which came from me, as I was the one that started this thread) which has overwhelmed him.

This is about business. What you see in this thread is disenfranchised customers who are unhappy about their experiences. Personal constraints on business are irrelevant. It's business. Evidently some of you have a personal attachment or relationship with Greg and it appears that this is coloring your view on the situation at hand. Put yourselves in the shoes of a guy who has placed an order, had their card charged, had their deadline missed, and is getting no response to their attempts at communication.

I don't have an issue with Greg or his products. Small shops have limitations, this is true. But in business, communication is critical. I fully understand the "if I'm answering emails I'm not working on product" argument. In fact I hear it every day. Again, in business this is irrelevant. Communication matters.

Making this a personal issue is a red herring. You guys are asking people to understand the extraneous circumstances and I'm pointing out that people have a right to be concerned about their money and product regardless of those issues, especially when those issues aren't being communicated to them.

pete10
09-12-10, 05:24
I am going to make this response brief as I am typing on my phone. I will give no excuse here or anywhere else for poor communication. Poor commo is poor commo regardless of the reason, especially when you are on the receiving end. As a business and as a consumer myself I really do understand the value of communication. If you have an email in to me, I will answer it within a few days even if it is older. This may result in me answering a few that I have already answered. I apologize if you get a duplicate.

A few clarifications on my ordering process:

I charge your card the the time of the order or soon. My merchant service account has no way of reliability doing otherwise without charges being
voided after time.

We are currently at 8 to twelve weeks. You may get yours earlier if it gets batched with similar holsters. We aren't playing favorites when we do that, just taking advantage of economy of scale. The website lists some other lead times and I apologize for any confusion. I will fix that as soon as possible.

The ONLY cause for moving a customer up in line is deployment. I can't promise earlier delivery for any other reason. I do certainly understand wanting/ needing gear in time for a training class or competition, but we simply cannot move those orders up fairly.

I will try to pop back on and add a few things when I get to a computer.

Thank you all sincerely for your patience and business.
Greg

rob_s
09-12-10, 05:46
I think you're painting PCH with a rather broad brush, and trying to lump the company in with some of the other companies who have had extraordinarily long wait times or disappeared from the marketplace while holding people's money. This is simply not the truth, and your portraiture of PCH's situation with customers is either intentionally deceptive, or naive. I prefer to think it's naive.

This really is not my intention. I do not believe for a second that Greg is going anywhere or screwing anyone. If this is how my posts came across I apologize both to you and to Greg. I thought I was clear about that but apparently I was not. What you say above implies some kind of maliciousness on my part or some attempt to harm Greg and his business and that is simply not the case.

Greg, if this is how you or anyone else took my posts, again I apologize. I really do wish the best for you and for your business, and I look forward to your continued success and innovation. In a market of many imitators I think you bring something new to the table and both the holster you sent me and the one I subsequently bought do something for me that I don't think any other product does. I continue to use them, and recommend them to others. I have found that those holsters plus the US Grunt Gear padded warbelts are a match made in heaven.

titsonritz
09-12-10, 13:09
The ONLY cause for moving a customer up in line is deployment.

And rightly so. America may be at the mall, but her military is at war.

BLACK LION
09-14-10, 13:12
I may not have a horse in this race but if a consumer is unhappy with a service or goods that were charged to a piece of plastic then by all means dispute the charge, get it charged back and move on. No use trying to mop up the spilled milk with bare hands in front of everyone.
Consumers have the "right" to move on so they should just do it. I
They not the only molded kydex provider and if not an immidiate, specific, "life-gear" need that only he alone supplies...then the door swings both ways.
I have been in this situation before with entities most of you have heard of or maybe even ordered from and regardless of what issues there may be wether it is poor commo or backordering issues or personal problems in their actual lives...etc...etc... I always throw as little shit in open forums as possible and always try to remain constructive...dissecting soiled diapers in public is just tacky.

Excuse the intrusion and the rant from my lane.

Shane1
09-14-10, 13:20
I ordered my Spada in June, I received it last week. I steadfastly avoided trying to email or call him with the exception of getting him to email me a copy of my invoice since I had deleted the email version. I knew going in that there was gonna be a wait. Did he make whatever wait time was posted on his website ? I didnt even look at the current wait time so I dont really care. My thing is if you cant wait for it, order something else. I understand Rob's point about getting something done on time, etc. But again, I understand that a 1 man shop can have issues with a solid delivery time, esp if you are ordering a unusual weapon combo. I think people are too impatient, same with ones ordering from RCS. Know what your getting into before you order. Its that simple.

Paulinski
09-14-10, 14:31
Passing all the drama aside I'm interested in getting a holster.

I should prepare myself for some delay receiving the product - I have no problem with that.

edmorseiii
09-21-10, 17:11
So my holster was waiting for me when I got home, pretty much exactly when he said it would show up.

I am happy with the holster, I will be down at the range running it through a few drills in the next day or 2.

It is a bit tight though, anyone have any advice short of just working it in and out a bunch?

BTW, mine is for a full size 1911 with a TLR-1 mounted.

GotAmmo
09-21-10, 18:35
How about next time we just don't post an excellent review of a holster manufacturer on internet forums anymore. We've come to the realization that if you tell people there is a great product then they run out and buy the farm. Lets leave these companies as 1 man garage businesses like they started out, ****, if it wasnt for Magpul... RCS wouldnt be at a 4 month back log and now because of robs awesome thread he started about Peters Custom Holsters... this company to is now at a 3-4 month backlog...

quit your bitching :suicide:

BLACK LION
09-22-10, 13:04
So my holster was waiting for me when I got home, pretty much exactly when he said it would show up.

I am happy with the holster, I will be down at the range running it through a few drills in the next day or 2.

It is a bit tight though, anyone have any advice short of just working it in and out a bunch?

Draw and holster over and over until your arms hurt and then do it some more.
I am going to have my work cut out for me when my new kydex arrives from Eugene.

uwe1
09-23-10, 23:58

I really like my Peters Spada now that it's broken in. Reholstering after live fire helped to loosen it up a bit as the heat from the slide softened up the kydex a bit.

pjgeekass
09-25-10, 14:22
Draw and holster over and over until your arms hurt and then do it some more.

This.

I finally received my Spada. Ordered on 6/4, received 9/20. Initially it was really tight, especially on re-holstering. I took a dremel to it around the trigger guard so I could get a better grip on the draw. At the same time I beveled the top edge a bit to allow it to re-holster a bit smoother.

After running through some drills there's no problems at all. Loving it so far!
I also love these new double sided VTAC targets too.
http://www.geekass.com/images/LJ/AR/spada1.JPG
http://www.geekass.com/images/LJ/AR/spada2.jpg

MookNW
10-05-10, 21:45
13 weeks, still waiting.

bleaman225
10-06-10, 09:46
Getting excited. Just hit the 8 week mark on my order (08/06/2010) Hopefully I will be seeing the holster soon. I will post pics as soon as I have the holster. (Spada for 5" 1911 w/ X300)

Edit: I just checked my banking info & emails AND I was wrong. My order was only placed on the 6th of September, not the 6th of August. Boy does a month seem like a long time when waiting, bummer

Sierrahotel83
10-08-10, 21:55
I am starting to get anxious... I hit 7 weeks yesterday... But its cool I am not too impatient anymore...

SteveL
10-09-10, 16:17
I just put in an order for a Spada three days ago. It'll hold my full size M&P 9 with X300. I'm excited to get it, but I know it'll be a while. I guess from the last few posts here that I should expect it to take the full 12 weeks (or longer).

ETA: When I talked to him on the phone he said they are making some ground and that current orders might not take 8 weeks to get out, but that he was still reluctant to change the lead time posted on his site.

motoduck
10-29-10, 07:14
I have 2 Spada Holsters and I would recommend them to anyone. They are both a little too tight for my personal preference even after 500 draws. Any suggestions for losening them up just a "little"?

rushca01
10-29-10, 08:07
I just want my holster. Ordered on July 30th.

jsebens
10-29-10, 08:09
I just want my holster. Ordered on July 30th.

So...you're still inside the lead time, then. I'm sure Greg'll get you your holster.

jsebens
10-29-10, 08:14
I have 2 Spada Holsters and I would recommend them to anyone. They are both a little too tight for my personal preference even after 500 draws. Any suggestions for losening them up just a "little"?

Motoduck, a previous poster said that he had found success with holstering after livefire; apparently the heat retained by the slide is just enough to loosen the fit without damaging it. Have you tried that?

rob_s
10-29-10, 08:26
I just put in an order for a Spada three days ago. It'll hold my full size M&P 9 with X300. I'm excited to get it, but I know it'll be a while. I guess from the last few posts here that I should expect it to take the full 12 weeks (or longer).

ETA: When I talked to him on the phone he said they are making some ground and that current orders might not take 8 weeks to get out, but that he was still reluctant to change the lead time posted on his site.

It is ALWAYS better to quote someone a realistic timeframe that you know you can meet (or better yet, beat) than to quote something you *might* be able to meet. Nobody ever complained about getting something early, but get someone something even 2 days late and hold on! :eek:

MookNW
10-29-10, 09:25
Just got an automated shipping notice, and should receive it at the 17 week mark. I sure hope I don't have to send it back for any reason.

Jim D
10-29-10, 10:05

I don't understand how they don't meet your expectations, yet you recommend them...?

brian556
10-30-10, 09:05

Mine was too tight as well. I just took a heat gun to it just enough to loosen the grip on the trigger guard and it worked great. The cool thing about kydex is you can always go back to square one with a little heat.

Im sure a hair drier or toaster oven would work too. just be careful not to over heat it and ruin its shape. the heat gun will just affect the places your trying to adjust. LESS IS BEST when it comes to changing shape and applying heat

motoduck
10-30-10, 13:30
Jake,
The gun has gone in the holster "hot" several times now (extented strings during drills). It is breaking in a bit, but its tight enough to amuse my mates as they watch me draw.

Brian556,
I am always nervious about applying heat to the Kydex and having an "Uh oh" moment. I do have a heat gun, and I have made a few of my own Kydex hosters. I have enough skill to make me dangerious! I don't want to ruin a good holster.

I am still getting "rubbings" of Kydex from both holsters. I have tried to hit these internal "rub" spots with a small file with some sucess. Sounds like I just need to keep incrementally working on it?

brickbd
10-30-10, 17:10
Just got an automated shipping notice, and should receive it at the 17 week mark. I sure hope I don't have to send it back for any reason.

OH MY GOD!!!! 17 weeks?? I just ordered mine in Sept. Oh well, looks like I will be with out an X-mas gift this year.:sarcastic:

Sierrahotel83
10-31-10, 21:08
I just hit the 9 week mark on thursday... I am getting antsy cause I wanna quit taking my light off... but oh well I knew when I ordered it would be a while...

Mak8080
10-31-10, 22:32
Just wanted to share my experience with breaking in my holsters. I literally just holstered and re-holstered hundreds of times to loosen them up. I also holstered/re-holstered during shooting to hopefully ease up the tightness. After a day or so at the range the holsters were almost good to go.

On a side note, I ordered the holsters and they arrived in approximately 14 weeks. I was under the impression per the website it was going to be 4 weeks.:D Also, just as a previous poster had mentioned, the holsters edges were roughly finished. Compared to a my Comp-Tacs, Bladetechs, Ravens, and Sidearmors.....these definitely had an unfinished and rough feel. It's nothing that some 1000/1500 grit can't fix, but I sure didn't expect that I'd have do it when paying a decent price for a quality kydex holster.

MookNW
11-03-10, 00:46
PCH Spada arrived yesterday. Initial impressions are good, as it holds my M&P9/X300 very securely. Greg must have buttered it up a little, because it's not as tight as I've been hearing in other reports. I ordered it with Molle straps and 1.5 loops as I originally planned to run this on a war belt setup and as a OWB ccw. After 17 weeks of waiting for the holster, I decided I didn't want a molle belt anymore and would just run it owb on my gunbelt.
It's nowhere near as bulky as I had imagined, and hides under my raincoat/work coat just fine. Re-holstering will take some practice, but drawing from concealment is a breeze. I'm looking forward to using this holster through the cold months, I'm a little too chunky to wear it under a t-shirt though. It also offers me an opportunity to host a light on my carry gun, which previous leather holsters didn't allow.
As far as finish goes, the edges are a little rough. But not any rougher than the pics posted my Rob-S and GotM4 which inspired me to try this holster out . http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6788/holster014.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/i/holster014.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7217/holster016.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/i/holster016.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3771/holster010.jpg (http://img339.imageshack.us/i/holster010.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/375/holster005.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/i/holster005.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

rob_s
11-03-10, 04:45
Mook, I have found that when re-holstering with the G19 with X300 I have to lead with the light, not the muzzle. I typically reholster at the same angle as I draw the gun, but with the light attached I find it helpful to tilt the grip rearward a small amount with the muzzle pointed *slightly* forward of vertical. Hope this helps.

Alpha Sierra
11-03-10, 21:26
It's getting to where you can get custom leather faster than some of these kydex rigs.

SteveL
11-08-10, 10:31
For those of you with holsters you consider a bit too tight, is the holster made for a pistol only, or a pistol with a light attached? I'm just curious to see if there's a difference.

I'm just coming up on 5 weeks since placing my order, so I no doubt have a good wait yet.

pjgeekass
11-08-10, 13:00
For those of you with holsters you consider a bit too tight, is the holster made for a pistol only, or a pistol with a light attached? I'm just curious to see if there's a difference.

On my X300, the indent around the bezel is what helps keep the gun secured. My Spada will hold my M&P without the light attached, but it's not as secure. For the range it works, but I wouldn't want to run around the field without the light attached as it would easily come out.

Another thing I didn't check on before ordering mine was if it would accommodate a DG switch. It won't, the kydex is tight enough around the bottom of the trigger guard that it's word down some of the texture I'd stippled on. I didn't ask about this ahead of time, so perhaps it's something that can be special ordered.

Alpha Sierra
11-20-10, 18:32
Got my Hold Fast IWB today, ordered on 8/16. 13 weeks or so.

No break in needed. The pistol goes in, stays in, and comes out exactly like it should.

Also extremely comfortable. The first kydex holster that feels like leather, and I have a Brommeland Max Con V to compare it to.

Thanks Greg!

Sierrahotel83
11-20-10, 18:48
I talked to Greg today, my spada should ship on monday... ordered on the 19th of Aug... so a little over 13 weeks... so syked...

rushca01
11-20-10, 18:50
Ordered on 7/31, I still got nothing :(

Alpha Sierra
11-20-10, 20:05

Is it for a common pistol or something out of the ordinary?

pete10
11-20-10, 20:57
Chris,
You are molded. Should go out Monday or Tuesday.

Sierrahotel83
11-22-10, 22:30
Sweet I got the email letting me know that my spada in now in the shipping dep...

brickbd
11-23-10, 00:07
Chris,
You are molded. Should go out Monday or Tuesday.

HEY, got any making there way up north yet? By chance!

pete10
11-23-10, 06:53
Brick, shoot me with an invoice number in an email. I'll get you an update.
HEY, got any making there way up north yet? By chance!

brickbd
11-23-10, 09:28
Brick, shoot me with an invoice number in an email. I'll get you an update.

Sent! From my work e-mail.

Sierrahotel83
11-27-10, 10:16
My Spada arrived yesterday!!! 99 days but well worth the wait!!! can't wait to get out and shoot with it:cool:

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq311/shrockster/240f866b.jpg

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq311/shrockster/cdc10b1f.jpg

C9X19
11-28-10, 00:30
Ordered 8/7, arrived 11/26 (16 weeks) for my railed 1911 with TLR-1. It's tight but has loosened up with some draws. Should plateau after some more. The edges are kind of rough but nothing horrible. Overall it appears like a holster that will serve me well.

Alpha Sierra
11-28-10, 17:16
I know this thread is mostly about the Spada, but Greg's original design (the Hold Fast IWB) is incredible.

I had sworn off Kydex holsters after seriously uncomfortable experiences with both Comp Tac CTACs and with the RCS Phantom. But Greg's Hold Fast has made me a believer again.

Incredibly comfortable with the cant and ride just perfect for total concealment of a full size service pistol.

pete10
11-29-10, 14:19
New option on the Spada. You can now specify with or without sweat guard. We had enough requests for the holster without the guard, we made it an option

Kegger
12-09-10, 00:01
Any updates as to lead time coming down any?

And wondering if anything is going on with my holster, the Army is pulling my strings on the 11th to gear up to ship. #1370

Kegger
12-27-10, 20:47
Ordered Sep 2nd, received notification of being in shipping on week 16. Should be here tomorrow.

117 days total wait.

SteveL
12-28-10, 13:28
Tomorrow marks exactly 12 weeks since placing my order, and I got the notification of shipment this morning. I'm very excited to receive my holster.

calicojack
12-28-10, 14:24
Tomorrow marks exactly 12 weeks since placing my order, and I got the notification of shipment this morning. I'm very excited to receive my holster.

exactly why i have not ordered a peters or a raven. their wait times are totally UNACCEPTABLE. period. end of discussion. both companies are more than a year old, have their molds set and a "production" setup.

I also don't buy a new holster just cause someone knew comes out. if my existing holster works well enough, there's no reason to change it. and if i should >need to< (ie: something breaks) i'll buy from a stocking dealer (comp-tac, bladetech, kolbeson, safariland, etc...)

TomF
12-28-10, 14:47
exactly why i have not ordered a peters or a raven. their wait times are totally UNACCEPTABLE. period. end of discussion. both companies are more than a year old, have their molds set and a "production" setup.

This shows a complete lack in understanding the production process, as well as the order pipeline(s) of the companies in question.

Wayneard3413
12-28-10, 16:23
CalicoJack,

My duty and "open carry" holsters are both Safariland, I have also used Comptac and Bladetech in the past. I recently changed duty weapon from the Glock I have carried for the last few years to a M&P and needed a new holster. I placed an order for a Safariland paddle so that I would have something to use immediately.

That said my next move was to place an order with Greg for another Spada. Is there a wait involved? Sure. Is there a wait involved with any other custom/semi-custom made product? There sure is.

People who place orders to have custom 1911's built do so knowing that there will be a lead time to have something built to their specs, they don't simply run out to buy a production gun off the shelf. Both might be used to put holes in things but that doesn't make them the same.

Back on topic, here is the Spada I was previously running. I had the pleasure to meet and shoot with Greg a few months back at a class he was hosting. After using his holster for the weekend I was sold. It has since served me very well in two more classes and while getting banged around day to day at work.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/wayneard3413/DSCF6193.jpg

Kegger
12-28-10, 20:39
Nothing in the mailbox today. Almost 17 weeks, and when I ordered it was quoted at 8 weeks.

I leave the country in the morning, so it'll be a long while before I can do a review, unless my mom forwards it to my new address in a few weeks.

Communication with Greg has been great, answers the phone and always responds to the emails I have sent. But he needs to adjust the lead time on his site to reflect the actual time it takes to get most holsters out the door. I've waited over double the projected wait time, and now won't see it til I come back home.

So overall great CS, terrible wait, and I won't know how good the product is for at least another year. Greg may be a great guy with a fantastic product, but no more of my hard earned money will go to him.

Your mileage may vary.

Sierrahotel83
12-29-10, 10:03

I also don't buy a new holster just cause someone knew comes out. if my existing holster works well enough, there's no reason to change it. and if i should >need to< (ie: something breaks) i'll buy from a stocking dealer (comp-tac, bladetech, kolbeson, safariland, etc...)

Another thing that I think you have to remember is that unless I am mistaken this isn't Greg's full time job, also I think the name implies that it is "custom" I pretty much realize that this means that I am going to wait...

Also as I said before it is totally worth waiting for, and find something else as comfortable, and concealable, that allows a WML.

You have to also think of the shear # of holsters that have been ordered since the two companies have gotten good reviews from Industry people.

newyork
12-30-10, 19:02
Mine is a IWB for a G19 and I got a mag pouch too. Took exactly 15 weeks. I was quoted 6-8 weeks on September 6th. He did always answer my calls though and the holster is nice

Alpha Sierra
12-30-10, 19:46

Are you by any chance a manufacturing professional? More importantly, how well do you understand the processes involved in mass producing semi-custom kydex holsters?

If the answers are no and not very well, you would do well to keep your opinion to yourself.

calicojack
12-31-10, 02:27
pm sent alpha.

militarymoron
12-31-10, 03:31
reel it in, guys. custom stuff takes time. as long as that's understood, and there's good communication between the maker and customer, it usually isn't a problem.

pete10
12-31-10, 05:05
Like most businesses, I owe a large debt of gratitude to all of my customers and an apology to a few.

First the apology: For any of you that were quoted shorter lead times than you received, I am sincerely sorry. For those of you that got your orders on or before your quoted lead time, I am sorry for even having a lead time. I am a consumer as well, and I understand the frustration of waiting for something that you purchase.

For all of or customers, I am thankful and humbled that you choose our products.

Calicojack raises some valid points in his posts. Some of which I had already put in place in response to the surge of orders received this year. For instance, we brought a complete second production train on line, along with a holster maker to man it this fall. Lead times are and will continue to improve. He listed some fine alternatives to our products. I would not hesitate to use any of them. At least one has a three week lead time listed on their website for current orders and is not a small shop by any stretch of the imagination. That is the beauty of the current marketplace. There are great products to be had off the shelf as well as hand made products from Raven and PCH if you are willing to wait a little liner. I am comfortable saying that Raven takes their lead time and order list seriously, and so do I.

VolGrad
01-03-11, 18:18
If the answers are no and not very well, you would do well to keep your opinion to yourself.
But more importantly ... who cares? If you don't like to wait then don't. No one will be upset if you don't order from them. No need to bash them. These companies make a product that is in high demand. They do their best to keep up. Sometimes they can, sometimes they can't.

EDIT: This post was NOT directed at Alpha Sierra. It was merely expanding on what he said in response to someone else's criticism of PCH and Raven.

Soxfan9
01-03-11, 19:46
I received my Hold Fast IWB and mag pouch for a G19. I think this is my new favorite. It is very comfortable and helps conceal the pistol very well. Comfort and concealment wise I would rank it up there with the Milt Sparks VM2, and better than the Comp-Tac Ctac which both of which I have normally used for IWB carry. Very nice gear.

newyork
01-03-11, 22:23
I received my Hold Fast IWB and mag pouch for a G19. I think this is my new favorite. It is very comfortable and helps conceal the pistol very well. Comfort and concealment wise I would rank it up there with the Milt Sparks VM2, and better than the Comp-Tac Ctac which both of which I have normally used for IWB carry. Very nice gear.

I have to agree that it conceals very well while being extremely comfy.

SteveL
01-04-11, 19:10
I received my Spada yesterday and I'm very happy with it. Total time from order to delivery was a couple of days shy of 14 weeks. No complaints here. I'll try to get some pics up in the next couple of days.

Sierrahotel83
01-06-11, 11:15
I finally got to use my Spada while shooting yesterday.... absolutely awesome great draw, retention and reholstering.... I think my fastest draw time was aroung .7 seconds from the buzzer... although it was nowhere near as good with a delayed buzzer:D

SteveL
01-31-11, 19:53
I finally got around to taking some pics of my Spada.

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo98/fireman325/DSC02890.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo98/fireman325/DSC02895.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo98/fireman325/DSC02891.jpg

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo98/fireman325/DSC02894.jpg

uwe1
02-07-11, 15:38
Deleted to start a new thread.

Pep
02-12-11, 21:45
Hello

Hope it's cool to ask.

Is there any other way of contacting PCH. I have emailed thru their site before & PM'd thru this site. I have an issue with one of their holsters.

Thanks , Pep

Mak8080
02-12-11, 21:54
Good luck trying to get some sort of an email response.:mad: I personally know of a few people that have had zero luck with him.

Hopefully, that's the exception and not the rule. He makes pretty good stuff, but based on my experience...the CS definitely can't hold a candle to Raven Concealment or Comp-Tac. You're going to end up waiting just as long, I say go Raven b/c if you have some sort of issue it's easy to reach Tom (Raven). Just my $.02.

jsebens
02-13-11, 09:15
You can reach Greg at greg@peterscustomholsters.com; if for some reason you can't, trying PMing him here or on LF.net (pete10); beyond that, I've got nothing. I highly recommend you try MULTIPLE ways of contacting him, so that you can be sure that it isn't simply a glitch in the email system.

SteveL
02-13-11, 11:58
I could have sworn there used to be a phone number on his 'contact me' page. I've talked to him on the phone on at least two occasions I can recall off the top of my head, and both times I called him. I didn't save the number though.

riflefan
02-13-11, 15:25
That looks solid. I might look into his stuff.

Pep
02-13-11, 15:39
Thanks Guys ,

I sent out an email to the following ( greg@peterscustomholsters.com ) Hope to hear from him soon.

Pep

Seagrave7
03-02-11, 12:38
Anyone have a contact number for Peters Custom Holsters? My holsters shipped over 8 days ago, but unfortunately nothing has arrived. I'm trying to obtain a tracking number to find out where my holsters are. Sent a few emails and trying contacting them via the website but can't seem to get a response. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jsebens
03-02-11, 12:55
Anyone have a contact number for Peters Custom Holsters? My holsters shipped over 8 days ago, but unfortunately nothing has arrived. I'm trying to obtain a tracking number to find out where my holsters are. Sent a few emails and trying contacting them via the website but can't seem to get a response. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT - Message removed because I can no longer help establish contact with Greg Peters.

Seagrave7
03-18-11, 11:24
For those of you who have the Spada Tactical Holster, when you first got it was there a break-in period? I have a Sig 226r w/ Surefire x200b and a S&W M&P 9 w/ Surefire x200b. For each setup I have a separate Spada Tactical holster. It appears that where the light attaches to the rail of each gun is getting hung up when I insert the gun/light combo into each holster and when I try to draw it out. Do I need to let each gun sit in the holster with the light on to loosen up? Anyone else have this issue?

uwe1
03-19-11, 10:48
For those of you who have the Spada Tactical Holster, when you first got it was there a break-in period? I have a Sig 226r w/ Surefire x200b and a S&W M&P 9 w/ Surefire x200b. For each setup I have a separate Spada Tactical holster. It appears that where the light attaches to the rail of each gun is getting hung up when I insert the gun/light combo into each holster and when I try to draw it out. Do I need to let each gun sit in the holster with the light on to loosen up? Anyone else have this issue?

I have found that the PCH holster comes from the factory very tight. I had two G17/TLR1 Spadas. One was better than the other, but no matter how much I tried to draw and reholster (more than 500 times with the gun cold and during drills), the holster would not release the gun smoothly. I thought I had it semi-broken in, but during a TigerSwan pistol/carbine class, the instructor told me to switch to another holster if possible because I was starting to f*ck up my draw stroke (jerking the whole right side of my body and yanking my belt upwards) trying to clear the holster quickly. I went back to using my Bladetech DOH and had no further issues.

From reading this thread, it seems that people using the Surefire x300 series lights are having better luck with the WML Spadas.

I was wearing it at the 3:00 position which I believe is correct for a straight drop holster.

Mak8080
03-19-11, 11:14
I had a G17/X300 Spada that was extremely tight. It was so tight that I literally had to put the holster in a vise and yank the gun out. It was hanging up on the X300. Specifically, the on/off lever of the X300. I tried re-holstering quite few more times, but that didn't loosen it up at all. No amount of reholstering was going to break it in. My lettering on my X300 was literally scratched/scuffed off due to rubbing on the kydex. I thought about taking my dremel or heating it up a bit, but I thought why bother....I'll just switch back to my old holster. :D

ryan
03-19-11, 11:17

Seagrave7
03-19-11, 15:06
I had a G17/X300 Spada that was extremely tight. It was so tight that I literally had to put the holster in a vise and yank the gun out. It was hanging up on the X300. Specifically, the on/off lever of the X300. I tried re-holstering quite few more times, but that didn't loosen it up at all. No amount of reholstering was going to break it in. My lettering on my X300 was literally scratched/scuffed off due to rubbing on the kydex. I thought about taking my dremel or heating it up a bit, but I thought why bother....I'll just switch back to my old holster. :D

This is exactly the issue I am having with both of my setups. I get the pistol with light in the holster and then I can not get it out. I have to take the holster off my belt and then hold the holster in one hand and pull the pistol with the other hand. And even then, it doesn't release immediately. This can't be how the gun and light were molded. The holster is definitely getting hung up on my x200 light.

uwe1
03-20-11, 00:24

The finish on my TLR1 is worn as well. One side of the flipper switch is worn from constant rubbing against the inside of the holster.

I sold one that I didn't modify and was only slightly used, and tried to heat up the other one. Heating it up did help with the release, but it also affected the retention a bit.

uwe1
03-20-11, 00:28
The Spada I have is made to fit a G17/TLR1 and it has never been too tight. The commo could use a little work, but my sample of one holster works great for me.

You know, I had such high hopes for this holster (it was supposed to go on a warbelt)...it's a shame that I got two that didn't function that well. I just chalked it up to the Glock/TLR mold design not working, but it seems you were fortunate with yours.

AKIA_AZ
03-23-11, 16:36
I have one I bought off a member here for a 1911 W/x300 that I have given up on. I can not for the life of me get the gun out of the holster unless I take it off my belt and hold it with one hand and pull with the other and even then it takes a lot to get it out.

I have another 4 holsters I had ordered before I bought the 1911 one so we will see how those go. I ordered Dec. 11th and just got an email yesterday that it shipped. I find it ironic that I got that email as I had emailed him the day or two before I got the ship notice asking where my gear was.

I hope these work out better then the 1911 holster, especially since I had emailed him several times about things and about spare belt loops with no answer.

ryan
03-23-11, 16:48
You know, I had such high hopes for this holster (it was supposed to go on a warbelt)...it's a shame that I got two that didn't function that well. I just chalked it up to the Glock/TLR mold design not working, but it seems you were fortunate with yours.

The only "problem" I have had is it becoming a wee bit loose over time. I used a short length of 3/16s, 75 pound test shock cord as a retention device. I dont feel as though it would come out under normal shooting activity but running through the woods it could get hung in briars.

Sierrahotel83
03-28-11, 00:53
I Have a G17 TLR1 and it is fine on both ends of the spectrum... not to hard to reholster, nor is the retention lacking...

brickbd
04-30-11, 10:40
Has anyone had this problem and if so where did you goo to get the pieces to fix it? I ventured to Jo Ann Fabrics, Michaels etc. etc, loking for snaps that may match up and I have had no luck.

SeriousStudent
04-30-11, 14:10
Has anyone had this problem and if so where did you goo to get the pieces to fix it?

http://www.blade-tech.com/IWB-Pull-the-dot-Belt-Loop-pair-pr-843.html

I have used these with good results on several IWB holsters.

brickbd
05-01-11, 12:35
Do those work with this product?