PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Serpa QD (quick disconnect)

mkbar80
03-03-10, 19:05
Mods feel free to move this if needed.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience mounting a serpa qd to a shelf or any other furniture. I'm wanting to mount the QD under a shelf in the closet, and was just going to order the QD and wing it as best I could. Trick is the shelf is not wood, its the generic white wire closet shelf...see below
http://i.ehow.com/images/a04/au/h5/install-wire-shelf-800X800.jpg

Then I thought to ask if anyone here has done something similar and could offer suggestions. Pics would be awesome as well.

mkbar80
03-06-10, 18:35
gonna give this a one time bump

theblackknight
03-06-10, 18:50
pics of the mounting surface from the holster itself would help. Im guessing you want it to hang on the underside of the self correct?

-Wes-
03-06-10, 20:08
Zip-ties?

mnoe82
03-06-10, 20:34
I mounted one in my car, but not on furniture or in a closet like you're wanting to do. I just used self tapping screws and put the qd mount on the passenger side of the center console.

Shadow1198
03-06-10, 20:45
Take a piece of wood, drill 4 holes in it, then zip tie it around the wires, then screw the QD plate to that. :D

oef24
03-07-10, 00:50
Take a piece of wood, drill 4 holes in it, then zip tie it around the wires, then screw the QD plate to that. :D

+1
Sounds like that would do the trick and would not alter your closet setup.
Good luck and let us know if it works out.

O

orionz06
03-07-10, 09:06
Take a small sheet of metal and use it as you would the block, but wrap the ends over the wire of the shelf to allow for easier use of the one section of shelving.

MarshallDodge
03-07-10, 09:58
You could use some longer screws to go in between the wire and then large fender washers and nuts on the other side.

Robb Jensen
03-07-10, 09:58
Zip-ties?

That what I would use, large ones.

theblackknight
03-07-10, 10:06
You could use some longer screws to go in between the wire and then large fender washers and nuts on the other side.

Thats what i was thinking. THen you could have it angled anyway you want.

mkbar80
03-07-10, 17:36

I'm gonna call this plan A. My concern with zip ties, is if its loose and wiggles it may be hard to get a hold of in the dark. If its solid in place, I can index off the door jam and know wear it will be.

Although the zip ties are plan B (and I'll just yank those b#@$%@ tight) ;-)

I'll post some pics whenever I get it done. I'm guessing the over under on profanity before switching to plan B is 9.5

James686
03-07-10, 17:50
I'd try it with zip ties first, easiest way to get it set up and can be easily adjusted or moved. And one tip; don't use cheap zip ties (the bag of a 1000 for $10), I would recommend the zip ties that have a metal clip that bites into the strap, usually they are a better quality and tighten better.