PDA

View Full Version : Just a warning

84B20
03-03-10, 23:35
I placed an order for a shooting stool with thegunsource.com and found out the item was on backorder and wouldn’t be in for a couple of weeks. That was fine but I had a change of plans and needed it sooner so I did some more research on the web and found it in stock at another website. I called thegunsource.com’s CS department a couple of days after I had placed the order to cancel and even though the stool was still wouldn’t be received by them they said there would be 25% cancelation fee. I was really outraged. I could understand a fee if they had special ordered it but to charge for an regularly stocked item was beyond the pale.

I had to cancel an order from another company for the same reason and asked what their policy was and the CS agent was shocked when I told her about the other company charging the fee. She said they had no such policy, neither did the company that had the stool in stock. Needless to say, I won’t be doing any more business with thegunsource.com.

lethal dose
03-03-10, 23:41
Thanks for the heads up. That is truly bad sales/cs tactics. I'll bet if you called and made a huge stink to a supervisor, they'd reimburse you...

84B20
03-03-10, 23:44
Thanks for the heads up. That is truly bad sales/cs tactics. I'll bet if you called and made a huge stink to a supervisor, they'd reimburse you...

Fortunately it was only a $60 item so the fee won't be that bad. I did however talk to my credit card company (BofA) and their CS agent said when the charge goes through I can dispute it and probably recover the whole amount, if not, lesson learned.

chadbag
03-03-10, 23:45
Just complain to your credit card company that they charged your card when the stuff was not in stock. Dispute the cancellation fee charge they put on you. It will cost them a bunch in "fines" and maybe they will learn not to do that.

organdonor
03-03-10, 23:49
Will avoid.

84B20
03-03-10, 23:59
Just complain to your credit card company that they charged your card when the stuff was not in stock. Dispute the cancellation fee charge they put on you. It will cost them a bunch in "fines" and maybe they will learn not to do that.

That's exactly what I did. I have been a customer of the bank (my CC issuer) for about 30 years and they said the same thing.

HeavyDuty
03-04-10, 01:20
They're not even following their own policy:

Canceling Orders/Cancellation Fees

Orders can be canceled by a Customer Support Team Member over the phone at 1-800-518-3808.

Email/fax requests to cancel orders will be honored ONLY if the following information is provided: the last 4 digits of the credit/debit card used on the order and the complete billing and shipping addresses.

No cancellation fees will be applied if the item(s) being canceled are on backorder.

There will be a 15% cancellation fee on all canceled non-firearm orders that are currently processing or that have been shipped.
There will be a 25% cancellation fee on all canceled firearm orders that are currently processing or that have been shipped.

We reserve the right to cancel firearm orders when a customer fails to provide a Federal Firearms License (FFL) from their firearm transfer dealer. Reasonable attempts will be made to contact customers for their FFL when firearms are ready to be shipped. TGSCOM, Inc. reserves the right to decide what constitutes a reasonable attempt. Customers have 14 days (including weekends) to provide an FFL, from the time that the firearm is in-stock and ready to be shipped. Canceled firearm orders will be subject to a cancellation fee of up to 25%.

http://www.thegunsource.com/content.aspx?ckey=Legal

lethal dose
03-04-10, 07:21
They're not even following their own policy:

http://www.thegunsource.com/content.aspx?ckey=LegalOuch.