PDA

View Full Version : MOE Mid-Length Handguards

Captains1911
03-04-10, 07:58
Anybody have an idea of when they will be available?

Also, what's the best way to attach a QD sling swivel to these? I'd like it as far back as possible near the delta ring.

jsmithy
03-04-10, 08:42
In the Magpul thread - SHOT show picture thread folder, there is a picture of a crib sheet that states Summer '10.

Daemonbane
03-04-10, 09:02
I tried a search on Midway USA when I heard about Magpul's upcoming stuff, I wouldn't bet on their dates being exact, but they say July for the new handguards and 3/31 for the vert grips for the MOE handguards & illumination kits.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#magpul%20moe%20handguard____-_1-2-4_8-16

Captains1911
03-04-10, 10:55
I tried a search on Midway USA when I heard about Magpul's upcoming stuff, I wouldn't bet on their dates being exact, but they say July for the new handguards and 3/31 for the vert grips for the MOE handguards & illumination kits.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#magpul%20moe%20handguard____-_1-2-4_8-16

Hey Stick, got any pics of the illumination kits?

JBecker 72
03-04-10, 11:26
what about the rubber moe grip?

Stickman
03-04-10, 12:11
Hey Stick, got any pics of the illumination kits?

No images at this time, sorry.

Captains1911
03-04-10, 12:30
After looking at the mid-length MOE handguards in the 2010 catalog, I must say that I'm a little disappointed in the design. It appears that there are no mounting slots at the rear of the handguard, it only has the 3 slots like the carbine length located at the same distance from the front as the carbine length. This sort of defeats the advantage of a mid-length having more real estate for accessories. There is certainly room for one more slot at the rear end that would allow for a QD sling attachment. Perhaps they couldn't add another slot because it would compromise rigidity? Either way, this handguard does not solve the problem I am currently having with my carbine length railed handguard, space wise.

spamsammich
03-04-10, 17:02
I can't think of ANY plastic handguards that I would be comfortable running a QD cup on. It seems like a good way to dump a gun during hard use by tearing the top half of the handguard off. Want to run a QD cup? Get an Omega 9.

tradja
03-06-10, 11:03
I can't think of ANY plastic handguards that I would be comfortable running a QD cup on. It seems like a good way to dump a gun during hard use by tearing the top half of the handguard off. Want to run a QD cup? Get an Omega 9.

Along these lines, I'm looking forward to the MOE midlengths as well, but I have no plans to mount the VFG or a QD sling. I'm interested in these HGs for flashlight mounting only. Some of the excitement seems to regard these as a $30 midlength rail, which IMHO they are not.