PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dillo Dust- Don't Worry LT Is Still Making It!!!

ohiorifleman
03-04-10, 10:17
Last night while performing some tactical avoidance manuevers with my grill so as not to hit the lawn mower, my bottle of Dillo Dust made an unrecoverable PLF onto the garage floor:eek:. The outer plastic defensive barrier was breached and contents lost. Now my 3 year old knows a new four letter word and I guess I have to build a new rifle, so I have a reason to order another Larue mount, so i can get a replacement bottle.:D

theblackknight
03-04-10, 10:23
Make sure you cc that AAR to higher(the wife) for permissions.

ohiorifleman
03-04-10, 10:24
One piece of advice that will live with me forever- It is always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Alex V
03-04-10, 10:26
fallen.. but not forgotten...

I have the plastic jar sitting safely, waiting for warmer weather to try it out.

jaxman7
03-04-10, 10:27
No Christmas letter from Mark Larue to you this year! Shame on you!!! Ha ha Time to order some more stuff from the 'dead center' part of Texas.

theblackknight
03-04-10, 10:29
One piece of advice that will live with me forever- It is always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Ill wage war at work. I try to keep the peace with the GF.

Outlander Systems
03-04-10, 10:40

Negative. Those are the exact words a former supervisor of mine uttered before taking the company vehicle on a 700-mile adventure to Florida.

He was fired the day after we got back into town.

Nathan_Bell
03-04-10, 11:36
Negative. Those are the exact words a former supervisor of mine uttered before taking the company vehicle on a 700-mile adventure to Florida.

Or a former colleague that rented a suite in Vegas and had wall to wall strippers for a trade show. His now former employer was nice and didn't go after him for the $38k that little stunt cost, but he was out a 6 fig job. IT was talked about for years afterward though, as a great party and a cautionary tale.

PRGGodfather
03-04-10, 11:39

Actually, I believe the correct phrase is:

Sometimes, it is better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Conversely: Don't do the crime if you can't do the time! :p

Belmont31R
03-04-10, 11:41
I've got some extra if you need it. Still sealed in the bag....

JonnyVain
03-04-10, 12:31
Take pics and send it to Mark. Maybe he'll replace it. He's a pretty cool guy.

GermanSynergy
03-04-10, 14:49
You had me scared there for a sec... Reading the title of your thread- as in no more DD. ;)

trunkmonkey
03-04-10, 14:51
the phrase is:

"It's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission."

ohiorifleman
03-04-10, 15:04
I've got some extra if you need it. Still sealed in the bag....

Thanks for the offer- but, maybe someone on here going through some hardship could use it more than I can. I still have an NIW bottle in the cupboard. :D

I may go the permission route this time- it would throw her off guard from the normal groveling forgive me speal:cool:

skyugo
03-04-10, 19:04
Or a former colleague that rented a suite in Vegas and had wall to wall strippers for a trade show. His now former employer was nice and didn't go after him for the $38k that little stunt cost, but he was out a 6 fig job. IT was talked about for years afterward though, as a great party and a cautionary tale.

so seeing how that guy didn't get sued, the OP should be fine buying a 300 dollar mount right? :D

Nathan_Bell
03-04-10, 19:34
so seeing how that guy didn't get sued, the OP should be fine buying a 300 dollar mount right? :D

Well it did lead fairly directly to his divorce, so I am gonna go with No on that one.

C4IGrant
03-04-10, 20:22
I have 3 or 4 bottles sitting around (don't use it) so you are welcome to mine.

C4

dmanflynn
03-04-10, 20:52
You had me scared there for a sec... Reading the title of your thread- as in no more DD. ;)

Me too. Titles titles titles:p

Joe_Friday
03-05-10, 07:40

NICE!!! Guess I am the only one to catch that. :D

A-Bear680
03-05-10, 13:38
Glad it wasn't as bad as it seemed .
Had me worried. The title jumped right out.
OMG! The end of an era. My worst nightmare.
No Dillo Dust. No Beverage Entry Tools to give to give to friends . No free hats for my wife.
Better start hoarding right now -- and not just for personal use & gifts. Sell that chit on e-bay & gunbroker and get rich.
Or so it seemed.

Selftest
03-06-10, 08:01
Don't you know that's how rumours get started? Damn, man! Now Mr. Larue is gonna have calls crawling out his asking for DD availability and price! He can make prices soar to unnacceptable levels. Bastards!