PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed on award.

jtc556
03-04-10, 13:55
My Church is sponsoring a 3 Gun Match as a fundraiser for the local range. I have been tasked with getting the "Grand Prize" for the overall winner. I was not given a budget but I know I can't go crazy. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

Facebook page: Hillside Baptist Church 3 Gun Match

Naxet1959
03-04-10, 15:27
How about a nice shotgun? Gift certificate to a gun shop (you could get them to add to the value as a contribution); Since you're in Texas, how about a custom belt buckle for the winner... In the contests that I've been involved in, I try to get things that are hot items (like an Ipod back in the day) to make it desirable.

citizensoldier16
03-04-10, 15:29
I agree that a good quality shotgun would be a good choice - like a good over-under or a Benelli. I'd love to win something like that.

Gramps
03-04-10, 15:37
Note to self: Need to join that church.

Have you asked what the proximity of your budget might be? Sometimes sponsers will help with the cost or donate things for prizes. I'm not up on this, but there are those who are.

jvencius
03-04-10, 16:04
I'd suggest getting in contact with Mark LaRue--he's a really squared-away guy (in Texas, so that might help too...) who does a ton to support the .mil/LEO/shooting community and he would probably make you a really good deal on some top-drawer schwag for a prize.

jtc556
03-04-10, 17:49
Great ideas. Thanks for the input.

dmanflynn
03-04-10, 20:59
Great ideas. Thanks for the input.
Gob bless your church and Texas! I'd do a plaque and a gun. Or a gun and a good amount of ammo, something fun. I dont know, I wouldnt be too intrigued in a 3-gun match for an ipod or electronics but thats just me. Im of the generation of that but Id rather have more of my habit or credit to go towards it you know what I mean? Maybe a decent jon boat and trolling motor? I'd be into that haha.

Spinone
03-04-10, 21:34
How about a gun belt, holster, and magazine pouch? Texas has some pretty good leather people.

jtc556
03-05-10, 10:03
I have a budget now. I have to stay between $100 -$200. So I guess I can pick out a firearm of some type and see if I can get some donations elsewhere to help with the purchase. This will not be a huge production but I do want it to be worth while. We already have awards for 1st through 3rd in each category. What do you guys think?

bulbvivid
03-05-10, 12:36
I have a budget now. I have to stay between $100 -$200. So I guess I can pick out a firearm of some type and see if I can get some donations elsewhere to help with the purchase. This will not be a huge production but I do want it to be worth while. We already have awards for 1st through 3rd in each category. What do you guys think?

If you can find a dealer to get you the gun at cost, you might be able to get a Ruger 22/45 or similar for around 250.

The holster/belt/mag pouch combo sounds pretty good to me too. Also look at range memberships or something like that for 2nd and 3rd places.

The_War_Wagon
03-05-10, 13:31
If you can find a dealer to get you the gun at cost, you might be able to get a Ruger 22/45 or similar for around 250.

The holster/belt/mag pouch combo sounds pretty good to me too. Also look at range memberships or something like that for 2nd and 3rd places.

As a Ruger Mk.III owner, that's a VERY nice prize idea. Gift certificate to one of our sponsors might be good, too. Maybe some of them will see this and be willing to help out.

bkb0000
03-05-10, 13:34
how about a nice billet lower receiver with some nifty engraving?

jtc556
03-07-10, 13:42
Thanks for all the ideas. We decided to go with a generous gift certificate to our local sporting goods department at True Value. The winner can choose what they want and we support our community at the same time.