PDA

View Full Version : Surefire Scout Light Questions...

Razorhunter
04-16-07, 18:07
Guys,
I'm considering going with either the Surefire Millenium Series, M95 light, OR the Surefire Scout light, for my Colt M4 carbine.
I have been on Surefires website, and still have a few questions regarding the Scout light setup.
Apparently, this is an LED light to begin with, and it is a 100 lumen light to start. However, I have seen there is also an LU60 head you can purchase, which is apparently an incandescant conversion head, which replaces the original KL4 head of the Scout.? (I THINK LU60 is the correct model #, but I might be off slightly). Anyhow, you get the point.
My question, pertains to the runtime AND the lumen output of the conversion LU60 head????

I would also like to ask anyone here, who might possibly have experience with BOTH of these lights, WHICH one is the nicer light?
I guess one other stat I would like to see, is the WEIGHT of each of these lights, and maybe even the LENGTH of these two lights, so I can compare???
By just looking at the pics on the internet, it LOOKS like the M95 Millenium light might be a little bit bigger than the Scout light, but I just can't be sure.

Have any of you guys got an opinion on WHICH light would be the better light?
One more thing, I assume that both of these lights can withstand the abuse of some shock, and recoil, but I'm wondering if either of these lights is "shock isolated/mounted"???
Thanks so much for any opinions and help here guys. As usual, I have no dealers nearby, who stock this stuff, therefore, once again, I'm buying blind, relying on this great forum to help me make the right decision....

C4IGrant
04-16-07, 18:27
Guys,
I'm considering going with either the Surefire Millenium Series, M95 light, OR the Surefire Scout light, for my Colt M4 carbine.
I have been on Surefires website, and still have a few questions regarding the Scout light setup.
Apparently, this is an LED light to begin with, and it is a 100 lumen light to start. However, I have seen there is also an LU60 head you can purchase, which is apparently an incandescant conversion head, which replaces the original KL4 head of the Scout.? (I THINK LU60 is the correct model #, but I might be off slightly). Anyhow, you get the point.
My question, pertains to the runtime AND the lumen output of the conversion LU60 head????

I would also like to ask anyone here, who might possibly have experience with BOTH of these lights, WHICH one is the nicer light?
I guess one other stat I would like to see, is the WEIGHT of each of these lights, and maybe even the LENGTH of these two lights, so I can compare???
By just looking at the pics on the internet, it LOOKS like the M95 Millenium light might be a little bit bigger than the Scout light, but I just can't be sure.

Have any of you guys got an opinion on WHICH light would be the better light?
One more thing, I assume that both of these lights can withstand the abuse of some shock, and recoil, but I'm wondering if either of these lights is "shock isolated/mounted"???
Thanks so much for any opinions and help here guys. As usual, I have no dealers nearby, who stock this stuff, therefore, once again, I'm buying blind, relying on this great forum to help me make the right decision....

The head for the M600A is the LU60A. It has the same specs as the M95 series. They are all shock isolated and will handle a lot of abuse.

C4

M4Guru
04-16-07, 18:59
The M95X is much bigger than the Scout.

Kisara
05-15-07, 03:48
DEFINITELY get the incandescent Scout over the 950 series. And the LT mount comes with different brackets for total adjustability.

http://i2.tinypic.com/qqpw11.jpg

militarymoron
05-15-07, 16:15
i have both scout lights, and i like both for different reasons. i like the LED head simply because it's so compact - the incandescent head is bigger and will limit it's position to forward of a rail unless you use an offset mount. if you want more throw, go with the incandescent.
some pics here of both systems:
http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/wlights.html