PDA

View Full Version : Lower recommendations

LOKNLOD
04-16-07, 22:23
I've been saving towards picking up a few extra lowers and with today's events I figure I ought to get a few on the way before all the panic-buying really kicks in and I won't be able to find any :(

Looks like some of the best deals going right now are for the Double Star lowers. They look good in pics, the roll mark is decent, and I've yet to hear any bad about them. Anything to be concerned about on them? QC issues or spec problems?

Anyone have any other recommendations for best bang for the buck? I also like the Sabre lowers but in any quantity the extra cost adds up fast.

Kisara
04-17-07, 00:38
I built one up for a friend about a year ago, July 20th. He brought me the stripped lower and I got him a Stag LPK and a pristine condition old M16 upper (no deflector; no forward assist). The lower has not had any issues so far, and the price was within his reach. Other than having a black lower with a gray upper, they fit quite well and it shoots great.
http://i12.tinypic.com/2j0h6yv.jpg

Turbo Supra
04-17-07, 09:58
I just received my Mega upper and lower receivers. The quality is incredible. The finish alone makes my RRA, Bushy, and LMT look like something from Hesse. :p The Mega offerings are a little more expensive, but they are flawless. Nice and tight fit, beautiful engraving, and an even, dark black finish. Worth every penny.

flatlander
04-17-07, 10:33
I just received my Mega upper and lower receivers. .

Who was your source for Mega lowers ?

Todd

MaceWindu
04-17-07, 10:53
I've been saving towards picking up a few extra lowers and with today's events I figure I ought to get a few on the way before all the panic-buying really kicks in and I won't be able to find any :(

Looks like some of the best deals going right now are for the Double Star lowers. They look good in pics, the roll mark is decent, and I've yet to hear any bad about them. Anything to be concerned about on them? QC issues or spec problems?

Anyone have any other recommendations for best bang for the buck? I also like the Sabre lowers but in any quantity the extra cost adds up fast.

I just picked up my 2nd and 3rd Double Star lowers. LOVE'M. Nice and snug fit. I would suggest stacking up. After the VT incidents, you know the SHTF in regards to legislation. I have (4) lowers put away in addition to the (3) I have build up.

Mace

Turbo Supra
04-17-07, 17:32
Who was your source for Mega lowersLuckily, a member of a car enthusiast website that I moderate. :D I believe he got them from Rainier Arms a few weeks ago.

I just ordered a second Mega upper from Rainier a few days ago, and told them to give me a shout when more lowers come in. Should be a couple of weeks.

I love the Megas! :)

QUICK+V
04-17-07, 19:37
I have a Mega Gator lower also and it is great.got it last year.

Voodoochild
04-17-07, 19:51
Mega/Sun Devil/Ameetec are all good lowers. Ameetec are pretty good for the price.

Alaskagrown
04-17-07, 19:52
I have 4 Double Stars on the way hopefully by the end of this week

M193 BALL
04-19-07, 13:37
Most all lowers are Okay Forged

Ive seen DoubleStar before they seem fine to me

I guess it comes down to the machineing

I dont care for the Over done Selector markings

and I hate logos like Snakes,Stags,Panther,pony,etc

My LMT and Bushmaster are about the same except for how they are machine out

My Old bushmaster mates well with my LMT M4 upper

same as my Defender 2000 M4

M193 BALL
04-19-07, 13:51
Forgot I like the NOVESKS lowers

Turbo Supra
04-21-07, 11:00
Here is the foundation for my 5th AR, and my 2nd home build. Can't beat the quality of the Mega receivers. The matching upper is the cat's ass. Love the deep black finish...

http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/81519/0/MEGA.jpg