PDA

View Full Version : removing MOE stock

Icculus
03-05-10, 21:52
So I'm about to stop cussing trying to remove a MOE stock. I depress the handle but I can't seem to push the pin down enough to to get the stock off. Do I really have to hammer out the small roll pin at the bottom? Any other tips/tricks?

Belmont31R
03-05-10, 21:59
Use your thumb and index finger to pull the cross pin down. Engage your man muscles....

Or just use a flat tip screw driver to push it down, and then use your other hand to slide the stock off.

seb5
03-05-10, 22:01
It's a pain. Put the rifle, muzzle down between your knees and pull down on the pin with both fore fingers towards you while pushing up with your hands/thumbs.

tracker722
03-05-10, 22:01

Icculus
03-05-10, 22:07
Damn I knew you were going to say that:). That means I'm just being a big girl about it. Crap! Stay tuned.

Icculus
03-05-10, 22:10
Done. Rifle in lap, long flat blade screwdriver anchored in the armpit. New ACS stock on. Thanks guys.

tracker722
03-05-10, 22:11

bkb0000
03-05-10, 22:26
my buddy called me up one afternoon... "thanks for recommending a stock that had to be completely ****ing disassembled with NO instructions included to install, asshole!"

shoulda called me BEFORE he got out the toolbox

Icculus
03-05-10, 22:31
my buddy called me up one afternoon... "thanks for recommending a stock that had to be completely ****ing disassembled with NO instructions included to install, asshole!"

shoulda called me BEFORE he got out the toolbox

Thats funny. Yeah I'm prone to start taking things apart too. Sometimes with mixed results. We took a buddy's playstation2 apart a few years ago to try and clean the laser that was no longer reading discs. We got it back together but then the tray wouldn't stay closed and kept automatically opening. :rolleyes: