PDA

View Full Version : So Geraldo just compared heavily armed Asians to the mass murderer.

combatvet
04-16-07, 23:19
WTF, he just grouped Asians with weapons in the same category as the VT shooter. Stating it sure is a coincidence.

Then he shows a website with an Asian guy and his weapons. Showed his face clearly and now comparing the two.

Uh'Oh!

Here's the website they are saying is the guy, not the shooter.http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/?REFER=xanga_redirect

FJB
04-16-07, 23:26
While it is still too early to draw conclusions keep in mind that over 30% of Muslims in the U.S. are asians.

S/F

trio
04-17-07, 01:00
the guy that dumbass showed is a member over at ar15.com and may be a member here too (wouldnt be the first person to be a member at both places)

he is getting death threats and such and is PISSED...who could blame him

what a dumbass geraldo is...

EDIT: also, remember the shooter is not a US citizen...he is a chinese national here on a visa for just about a year

BravoCompanyUSA
04-17-07, 06:36
I saw that.
That was absolutely ridiculous!

He goes on and on about some guy’s website profile who is holding an "arsenal", even after the cops tell him that it is not the guy involved. Then he shows the guys picture (covering his face). What the heck for ? . . . more sensationalized BS.

PS - It was hard to tell, but his "arsenal" looked like a bunch of wood stocked SKS, 1903, Nagants, etc, slung over his shoulders in a parade fashion. Not exactly intimidating, and being held in a very non threatening manor.

Buckle up; it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

BravoCompanyUSA
04-17-07, 06:44
... just saw the link,
thanks.
It is obvious he is just a collector, and a federally licenced one at that.
There is nothing wrong with his website, nothing at all.

I wonder if he could go after the media for slander, defamation, etc.
(ie: like Richard Jewl)

Cold Zero
04-17-07, 07:20
Both fox and Geraldo have deep pockets.;)

Robb Jensen
04-17-07, 07:37
Geraldo is a retard, his career was over after he opened Al Capones safe and found a couple of old beers and no money.

BTW I thought the ranges looked familiar to me, the pic with the holding the HK UMP is Range 305 at Quantico. And there's a pic of a guy shooting a scoped WASR off the bench which looks like Range 1 at Quantico. I'm pretty sure Chiang is a customer of ours, cool guy if he's who I'm thinking of. I'd be pissed if I were him too.

ARinNC
04-17-07, 07:49
If I were going to be heavily armed, I would not choose 16 Mosin Nagat Carbines with 5 shot magazines.....

TOrrock
04-17-07, 07:52
Yeah, that's very messed up.

He's a member of AKForums, we had a group buy on some Russian M44 carbines, and he stocked up.

Look he's in the last page of this thread. http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18606&highlight=

John_Wayne777
04-17-07, 08:05
You know what's worse than Geraldo pulling that nonsense?

The fact that a couple of people on TOS were assuming that the shooter was a member there because they saw an asian guy in the EE selling stuff.

Ten bucks says one of those idiots tipped Geraldo off about "the shooter".

:mad:

What kind of bleeping irresponsible bleeping moron pulls bleeping bleep like that?

fivepointoh
04-17-07, 10:43
Ya...both on facebook and TOS some ppl were saying it was Chiang.....I was getting ****ing pissed b/c thedoctors308 on TOS and I determined that his g/f was alive and well along w/ him. So I was correcting ppl all day...and then that jackass Geraldo starts showing pics of him....that really ****ing pissed me off. Almost makes ya wonder if Geraldo was surfin TOS and got the idea from some of the retards who accused him.

COLT
04-17-07, 10:54
WTF, he just grouped Asians with weapons in the same category as the VT shooter. Stating it sure is a coincidence.

Then he shows a website with an Asian guy and his weapons. Showed his face clearly and now comparing the two.

Uh'Oh!

Here's the website they are saying is the guy, not the shooter.http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/?REFER=xanga_redirect

His real name is (jerry rivers) he changed it years ago . H e also has a concealed carry permit ???? !!!!

Joe Mamma
04-17-07, 15:05
I'm pretty sure Chiang is a customer of ours, cool guy if he's who I'm thinking of. I'd be pissed if I were him too.

It sucks to be a gun loving asian guy in Virginia right now . . .

Joe Mamma

Foxandreed
04-17-07, 20:07
I am guilty of being half Japanese and all suspect. My coworkers were saying some rude crap. I held my tongue and bit my lip. Sometimes it doesnt pay to be a below the radar kind of guy. I was suprised at the amount of stuff coming my way though. I hunt and fish quite alot. Some of them must figure mefor a bunker end of days guyas I am quiet and do my work without fanfare. I do take being prepared for stuff very seriously and think of weapons as integral to self sufficiency. My "friends" asked me if I knew the shooter. I dont know every asian in Virginia. The guy I work shoulder to shoulder with said to me to realize that not everyone feels or thinks that way. He said he had family down that ways and that fear and anger makes people think different. I agree and now officially I am just sad and sickened for the cowardice and selfishness of the individual. I might go down and help out down that direction if the say they can use some help.

Voodoochild
04-17-07, 20:10
Geraldo= Complete Douche Bag!! Best thing that ever happened to him was getting his nose broke on his talk show. Guy is a complete hack and just loves to get attention by any means.

rayray
04-17-07, 20:37
The media tends to put there feet in there mouths.

scooter
04-17-07, 21:42
The media tends to put there feet in there mouths.

But when do they get enough feet in there so they have to STFU??:rolleyes:

AcenJay
04-17-07, 23:17
I'm Asian and have a fairly large number of guns. Some people have thought of me as "quiet" and a "loner". Do I fit the profile of a mass murderer? I would never consider such a horrible act. Thankfully, nobody has harassed me at my work, and just this morning, I was joking with my friend/boss, "You have really got to watch out for those damn Asians, man!"

Sam
04-18-07, 06:04
I am guilty of being half Japanese and all suspect. My coworkers were saying some rude crap. . I was suprised at the amount of stuff coming my way though. .. .. ..... My "friends" asked me if I knew the shooter. . .

Those people are no friends of yours. My compliment to you for taking the high road.

rhino
04-18-07, 08:16
While it is still too early to draw conclusions keep in mind that over 30% of Muslims in the U.S. are asians.

The percentage has to be a LOT higher than that. What we call the middle east is actually southwest Asia, and anyone from them is "Asian." Iranians, Iraqis, Saudis, etc. are all Asian.

This is what I hate about politically correct generic labels like "Asian" and "African" (especially when hyphenated with -American). They're so broad that they're essentially meaningless.

Since we can't say "oriental" when that's what we mean, maybe we could say "East Asian" or "Southeast Asian" or specify a country of origin when known. Of course, "oriental" is limited too, as it refers primarily to people with origins in China, Japan, and Korea. That leave a lot of other ethnic groups and geography that a lot of people would label as "oriental" (if we could still use the term without offending or being pilloried). For example. Filipinos (my peeps!) are, of course, "Malay-Polynesian" and not oriental, but most can't or don't see the difference or make the distinction.

Man, I've really strayed from the topic. I apologize, but this is just one of my "buttons" that gets pushed inadvertantly.