PDA

View Full Version : Curios and Relics License(Got it Today)

warpigM-4
03-06-10, 11:21
I Just Got through reading the C&R collectors Book from the ATF ,filled out all the paper work and wrote the check .Plan on sending it out On Monday So how long does this process take ???and can somebody point me to a good place for C&R firearms Thank you

John_Wayne777
03-06-10, 11:37
It took only a couple of weeks for me. Generally it seems to be anywhere from 2 weeks to 45 days depending on how busy BATFE is.

As far as sources, I've bought a bunch of stuff from AIM Surplus. There's also J&G, Lipseys, Southern Ohio Gun and some others.

LMarshall73
03-06-10, 11:41
There's some good info HERE (http://www.cruffler.com/becomingcruffler.html). I've had my C&R for almost 2 years but haven't bought any C&R firearms. I do enjoy FFL discounts at several online retailers though. I used to pick up Shotgun News every now and then and look through their ads for C&R stuff, but never really found something I had to jump on (or could afford).

RudyN
03-06-10, 12:51
Rigth about two weeks to get the C&R FFL. I have had one for about four years and have bought a few WWII rifles in that time. I also have saved some money ordering stuff from Midway and Brownell.

warpigM-4
03-06-10, 23:37
Good to hear about the discounts.I too get the shotgun news and look in it.I have seen many C&R weapons at great prices and something I would like to add to the Collection .I am a WWII weapons Novice Love the Old Bolt action and semi auto stuff.so seeing the ads Just made me think "WHY NOT???" I need a good Hobby Keeps the stress down;)so I tell the better half

Gentoo
03-07-10, 05:51
It took me 21 days mailbox to mailbox during the height of Obamamania last year to get mine.

Artos
03-07-10, 07:04
Go through the atf C&R list to get an idea of what floats your boat...some really good investments and great shooters in there. Bunch of cool pre-64 winchesters & collectable S&W / Colt pistols.

You can also narrow your gunbroker search to C&R as well.

warpigM-4
05-01-10, 01:06
Well great news for me ,Not my Wallet :D.I got my C&R FFL .took right at 30 days.I have to get me a log book .Now I will have a excuse to get another safe ;) MMM :confused:what to get ,