PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Shotgun Version Question

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-06-10, 16:51
I've been researching shotgun options, mainly for 3-gunning. I'm having a really hard time breaking down the Benelli variant.

SuperNova
M1 (are they all Super?)
M2
M4

Plus they seem to vary in price from a few hundered dollars used to $1800 new. Probably going to move to open class eventually or by the time I buy this. (Not really interested in a Saiga at this time.)

Anyone point me in the right direction for some info on the line?

The FN SLP line seems a lot easier to easier to figure out.

CJFirefly
03-08-10, 20:17
See comments in red.

I've been researching shotgun options, mainly for 3-gunning. I'm having a really hard time breaking down the Benelli variant.

SuperNova = pump action
M1 (are they all Super?) = inertia semi-auto action, sold in tactical and sporting variants, no longer manufactured
M2 = replaced the M1, but the same basic gun with the exception of some rubber things in the stock called "Comfor-tech" or something like that, which supposedly reduce felt recoil, and I think they take different choke tubes
M4 = gas operated semi-auto, this is only a "tactical" gun, and is the model used by our armed forces. Also the most expensive.

A common gun for 3 gunners (at least from what I've read) is the M2 or M1 with 21" barrel and then adding a 4 shot extension. This will run you around $1100 tops. One key difference between the inertia and gas operated guns is that the inertia models are sensitive to weight. Meaning if you put an Eotech, sidesaddle, and big ass flashlight on there it probably won't function reliably.

Plus they seem to vary in price from a few hundered dollars used to $1800 new. Probably going to move to open class eventually or by the time I buy this. (Not really interested in a Saiga at this time.)

Anyone point me in the right direction for some info on the line?

The FN SLP line seems a lot easier to easier to figure out.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-08-10, 20:32
Thanks CJF, that really hit it on the head.

CaptainChaos
03-08-10, 20:57
Do they still make the M3 that you can switch from pump to semi?

Falboy
03-12-10, 09:18
I love my M1 (see pic. thread), I don't know if they all are, but mine is definitely "SUPER", LOL!:D

tracker722
03-16-10, 20:48