PDA

View Full Version : Vahlhalla - From the director of Bronson

mr_smiles
03-06-10, 18:00
I'll watch it when it comes out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYpJAhV7bZ4)

theblackknight
03-06-10, 19:33
I have no clue what just happend but 300 style digiblood is FTL

Outlander Systems
03-06-10, 20:49
I nominate Mads Mikkelsen and Stellan Skarsgård for ultimate Viking movie badasses of all badasses.

Trajan
03-07-10, 00:31
I thought the movie would be some sweet viking epic, but all this preview looks like is medieval fight club.

LockenLoad
03-07-10, 07:37
ok Conan has been done, just no pit and weapons

xfyrfiter
03-07-10, 09:25
Its no wonder that this country is sinking . How many children will get to see this garbage? I know it is probably R rated but that means nothing to most parents.

steve-oh
03-07-10, 12:20
I'll watch it when it comes out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYpJAhV7bZ4)

I'm not going to lie. That movie looks pointless.

BushmasterFanBoy
03-07-10, 12:30
I thought the movie would be some sweet viking epic, but all this preview looks like is medieval fight club.

I wish, at least Fight Club had a message, this has nothing, no redeeming qualities at all.

civilian
03-07-10, 12:44
I can just hear LTC Grossman now...I won't watch it when it comes out. Pointless.

Iraq Ninja
03-07-10, 12:47
I wish, at least Fight Club had a message, this has nothing, no redeeming qualities at all.

How do you know it has no redeeming qualities? Just because of a Youtube video?

I am amazed at how people can comment on a film without seeing a proper trailer for it. If you do a bit of research beyond YouTube, you may find that this film has potential... and a story.

I can cut and past scenes from Saving Private Ryan and make it seem like a worthless bloodbath.

Research the reviews from the film festivals, such as this one...

Ah, at last! Valhalla Rising is the film I was most anxious to see at the festival this year and I enjoyed every single moment of the film. It's bold, imposing and takes no prisoners, including the audience as the hypnotic tone pushes past regular film watching to creating an experiential setting. I was so drawn in at one point that it felt like being in a trance. The imagery is spectacular and haunting from the locations that look not of this earth to nightmare like montages and all complimented by heavy duty music. All this and it's a viking film to boot! Mads Mikkelsen delivers an astonishing performance in the lead role of One-Eye, with physically presence and intensity that is in a whole other realm. Valhalla Rising is easily the most extraordinary film I've seen at the festival this year, and I can't imagine anything else coming close.

Warning: For those weary of films with violence, it does have it's fair share of harsh violence but it is pretty contained.

Outlander Systems
03-07-10, 20:59
If it has Vikings, I'm in.

I don't understand why everyone's sporting ruffled panties over this. The trailer the OP linked is the lamest of the trailers available.

As a Viking myself, I will gladly go see this if it comes stateside.