PDA

View Full Version : Night sights colors?

cathellsk
03-06-10, 22:31
For those of you that run sights with tritium front and rear.....what is your preference for color in the tubes? Whether they are two or three dot?
Green/green or green/yellow?
I know alot of guys like a front night sight only and I've tried that in the past, but I like having the reference point in the rear. I've used three dot green for years and seem to shoot fine with them. Just might be considering changing up the colors and/or trying a 2 dot system.

Thanks!

SWATcop556
03-07-10, 09:11
I haven't run rear night sights for a while now but if I was going back to a three dot setup I would use the yellow rear with the green front. I want my front sight to be the focus and the yellow is dimmer in appearance which allows the green to have a sharper contrast.

GLOCKMASTER
03-07-10, 09:34
I use the Warren Tactical Night Sights that have two dim yellow dots in the rear and a bright green front dot.

Agile53
03-08-10, 19:49
What my fellow TXN & Paul kool-aid drinker said > I haven't run rear night sights for a while now but if I was going back to a three dot setup I would use the yellow rear with the green front. I want my front sight to be the focus .......

Chameleox
03-09-10, 18:04
I took a red sharpie to my rear sights and dimmed them out. In daylight conditions, the front is white and the rears are a dark red. In lowlight, I get a bright front green to 2 dim greens in the rear.

Poor man's solution.