PDA

View Full Version : American Al Qaeda terrorist Adam Gadahn, aka 'Azzam the American', arrested in Pakist

VooDoo6Actual
03-07-10, 13:01
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/03/07/2010-03-07_american_al_qaeda_terrorist_adam_gadahn_aka_azzam_the_american_arrested_in_pakis.html

American Al Qaeda terrorist Adam Gadahn, aka 'Azzam the American', arrested in Pakistan
BY Helen Kennedy

Originally Published:Sunday, March 7th 2010, 1:22 PM
Updated: Sunday, March 7th 2010, 1:40 PM

FBI/Handout Adam Gadahn, the California-born American poster-child for Al Qaeda and one of Washington's most-wanted, was arrested in Pakistan.

One rode in ambulance with wounded Adam Gadhan, the treasonous Californian Al Qaeda leader who has long been on Washington's Most Wanted list, was nabbed in Pakistan Sunday - a huge victory in the battle against the terror network.

After some confusion in the intial reports, the Associated Press quoted Pakistani officials confirming the arrest of Osama bin Laden's mouthpiece.

The Dawn, Karachi's English-language newspaper, broke the news with a photo of a man being taken away with a bag on his head.

Gadahn was bagged just hours after releasing a new internet video urging American Muslims to go on shooting sprees like Maj. Nidal Hasan's at Fort Hood last year.

He is the first American to be charged with treason since World War II.

If convicted, he faces the death penalty.

The arrest was the latest in a series of successes in the new partnership between Pakistan's once-balky intelligence services and the CIA.

Known in Al Qaeda videos as " Azzam the American " or Azzam al-Amereeki, Gadahn was born in Oregon to a Jewish family.

His hippie father converted to Christianity before his son was born, changing the family name from Pearlman to Gadahn.

Adam Gadhan was homeschooled in southern California. He converted to Islam at 17 and moved to Pakistan in 1998 at 20.

Intelligence officials say he joined up with al Qaeda after 9/11 and attended terrorist training camps in Afghanistan.

By 2004, he was a senior Al Qaeda operative and became bin Laden's top propagandist, appearing in numerous internet videos calling for the destruction of America.

Charged with treason in 2006, he is believed to report directly to bin Laden's right-hand man, Ayman al Zawahri.

There was a $1 million reward on his head but he proved elusive, avoiding several major attempts to capture him.

hkennedy@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/03/07/2010-03-07_american_al_qaeda_terrorist_adam_gadahn_aka_azzam_the_american_arrested_in_pakis.html#ixzz0hWB6lzN9

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,588322,00.html

Officers: Pakistan arrests American-born al-Qaida

KARACHI, Pakistan – Pakistani intelligence agents have arrested Adam Gadahn, the American-born spokesman for al-Qaida, in an operation in the southern city of Karachi, two officers and a government official said Sunday.

The arrest of Gadahn is a major victory in the U.S.-led battle against al-Qaida and will be taken as a sign that Pakistan is cooperating more fully with Washington. It follows the recent detentions of several Afghan Taliban commanders in Karachi.

Gadahn was arrested in the sprawling southern metropolis in recent days, two officers who took part in the operation said. A senior government official also confirmed the arrest.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information.

Gadahn, who is also known by various aliases, including Yahya Majadin Adams and Azzam al-Amriki, grew up on a goat farm in Riverside County, California, and converted to Islam at a mosque in nearby Orange County.

Gadahn moved to Pakistan in 1998, according to the FBI, and is said to have attended an al-Qaida training camp six years later, serving as a translator and consultant for the group. He has been wanted by the FBI since 2004, and there is a $1 million reward for information leading to his arrest or conviction.

He has posted videos and messages calling for the destruction of the West and for strikes against targets in the United States. The most recent was posted Sunday, praising the U.S. Army major charged with killing 13 people in Fort Hood, Texas.

A U.S. court charged Gadahn with treason in 2006, making him the first American to face such a charge in more than 50 years. He could face the death penalty if convicted. He was also charged with two counts of providing material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization.

In the 25-minute video posted on militant Web sites Sunday, Gadahn described Maj. Nidal Hasan as a pioneer who should be a role model for other Muslims, especially those serving Western militaries.

"Brother Nidal is the ideal role-model for every repentant Muslim in the armies of the unbelievers and apostate regimes," he said.

Gadahn was dressed in white robes and wearing a white turban as he called for attacks on what he described as high-value targets.

"You shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that military bases are the only high-value targets in America and the West. On the contrary, there are countless other strategic places, institutions and installations which, by striking, the Muslim can do major damage," he said, an assault rifle leaning up against a wall next to him.

Hasan has been charged in the Nov. 5 shooting that killed 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas. The 39-year-old Army psychiatrist remains paralyzed from the chest down after being shot by two civilian members of Fort Hood's police force.

In the latest video, Gadahn said those planning attacks did not need to use only firearms. "As the blessed operations of September 11th showed, a little imagination and planning and a limited budget can turn almost anything into a deadly, effective and convenient weapon."

Robb Jensen
03-07-10, 13:03
When is the hanging?

A-Bear680
03-07-10, 13:07
Title says it all. The first report is usually ( OK , almost always ) wrong , but it's still a ray of sunshine.

www.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_pakistan_al_qaida_arrest

A-Bear680
03-07-10, 13:09
I hope they saved the famous Tim McViegh IV set-up.

GermanSynergy
03-07-10, 13:24
When is the hanging?

I'm waiting for the Stalinist lawyers to come defend him and the USG to demand extradition. I'd be amazed if he got 5 years over here if they did indeed convict him CONUS.....

DacoRoman
03-07-10, 13:36
I'm glad they got that POS!

All those terrorist goat fuc&$rs are obviously revolting, but I found him especially repulsive and disgusting.

ZDL
03-07-10, 13:48

d90king
03-07-10, 13:54
Feed him swine and then feed him to the swine... I hope he stays in Paki, at least they will execute in a timely fashion without the cost to the tax payers...

Iraqgunz
03-07-10, 14:04
About time. I say put him in front of a firing squad. Wishful thinking because with the current administration we already know what will happen.

Donbeeler49
03-07-10, 14:10
One can only pray he he get's his due. As long as Obama and Holder stay out of it, he may reap his rewards. Otherwise, he will be out on the street with the rapists and child molesters that the progressive judges let out everday. Some day the law of averages will catch up tp those progessive POS judges and the bad guys will do something to their kids or grandkids.

A-Bear680
03-07-10, 14:22
I hope they use the Tim McViegh needle on him.

:p

awm14hp
03-07-10, 14:30
there is a very special little place in hell for those that do what he did

BH1
03-07-10, 14:33
a few lines of poetry to celebrate the occasion borrowed from Queen:

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone
And another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you too

Artos
03-07-10, 14:41
eternity is a long time...i say squeeze hits nutz in a vise till he sings like a canary.

Lots of info. in that evil skull...Get it out and let our warriors in the sandbox go fishing.

mattjmcd
03-07-10, 14:45
Waterboard him.

No shit. This guy will have a lot of good info I reckon.

Very good news.

Voodoochild
03-07-10, 14:48
Enjoy the Pakistani prison system. I am sure he will have a sweet heart of a cell mate.

A-Bear680
03-07-10, 14:53
There seem to have been a lot of arrests and premature deaths among the Taliban and al Qaeda over the last few weeks. The process seems to be speeding up.
It may take a long time to fully exploit this latest guy. And all the other very senior detainees.

Sux to be them.
:)

Heavy Metal
03-07-10, 15:20
There seem to have been a lot of arrests and premature deaths among the Taliban and al Qaeda over the last few weeks. The process seems to be speeding up.
It may take a long time to fully exploit this latest guy. And all the other very senior detainees.

Sux to be them.

I blame Bush!

5pins
03-07-10, 15:22
What should be done and what will be done will not be the same. He should be tried for treason and shot. However, with the current administration I doubt that will happen.

A-Bear680
03-07-10, 15:42
It's all Stanley's MacRhinestone's fault.
GD Obama for firing the other guy , the tanker .

lil'Zeus
03-07-10, 15:55
Cut his pecker off and let him bleed to death!!! Tell him on the way out to have fun in his after life with his virgins and no tool...

Preferred User
03-07-10, 16:00
Calling him an "American" al-Qaida is giving him too much credit. He may be US-born or maybe formerly-American, no even that gives him too much credit.

He is an al-Qaida terrorist that was born in the country he has forsaken. Send him off to meet the virgins.

A-Bear680
03-07-10, 16:38
Not yet.
That boy got some 'splaining to do.

bkb0000
03-07-10, 16:46
you know there's gotta be some serious test of loyalty shit you've gotta do to become a trusted member of al kida as an white American. i can't see how anything less than a murder or two would fly.

Cold Zero
03-07-10, 17:05
Job one, is to drain of of Intell in a timely manner to get as many of his buddies as possible.

ZDL
03-07-10, 17:44

A-Bear680
03-07-10, 17:51
The Pakis might want to play finders/keepers with that guy. As a minimum he's an accessory to the murders of literally thousands of Pakistani people.
And he renounced his US citizenship on video . So , maybe he's just SOL. No collect call to the US Embassy , they won't accept the charges. So maybe:

No free ticket to sunny Gitmo for al Ameriki ?
:eek:

A-Bear680
03-07-10, 18:00
Maybe , maybe not.
It's a little early to tell ;
" The New York Times , sourcing American and Pakistani officials. reports that the man arrested was Abu Yahya Mujahdeen Al Adam ... an al Qaeda commander ...born in Pennsylvania."

A-Bear680
03-07-10, 18:02
Quote for context:

Looking like a mistake

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/07/world/main6275953.shtml

ForTehNguyen
03-07-10, 18:03
CBS claims false alarm:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/07/world/main6275953.shtml

A-Bear680
03-07-10, 18:07
What an amazing coincidence. The guy they have might ( maybe ) not even be an American. Hard to sort it out -- might take a long time.

ETA:
Looks like the two threads were combined at about 07:08 PM .

A-Bear680
03-09-10, 20:40
" Jihad Jane " -- blonde hair , blue eyes -- arrested last fall in Pennsylvania. She's been in federal custody ever since. Seems more like a Sovereign , C. Identity , Nazi , Kluxer type in terms of appearance but -- crazy is as crazy does.
Try a Yahoo news search & see what comes up , the story seems to be developing fast...

GermanSynergy
03-09-10, 20:56
Funny thing- I was talking to a very liberal family member, and they thought it would be "horrible" if he got sent to GITMO. They want him to face a civilian trial, at taxpayer expense.....:rolleyes:

armakraut
03-09-10, 23:13
" The New York Times , sourcing American and Pakistani officials. reports that the man arrested was Abu Yahya Mujahdeen Al Adam ... an al Qaeda commander ...born in Pennsylvania."

Pennsylvanian Taliban. I hate Pennsylvanian Taliban.

dookie1481
03-10-10, 01:31
Pennsylvanian Taliban. I hate Pennsylvanian Taliban.

LMAO ^^

I don't usually engage in this kind of bravado, but if it is him I hope they ****ing torture him until he begs for death.

Jay

bobvila
03-10-10, 03:43
I would love nothing more than to be able to torture any traitor terrorist myself, with a pair of pliers and a blow torch (name the movie). Or they should sell tickets to spend some time with them in a room like in the movie Hostel.

A-Bear680
03-10-10, 10:18
I seem to remember some very persistent buzz about Tim ( dirtbag ) McViegh and Terry (rat ) Nickols (sp , but who cares ) seeking the help of an off-shore franchise network that had a high density of smelly bearded men.

Times change.

Don't try that away from home , uber-kinderen.

You know who you are.

:p

CharlieKilo
03-10-10, 10:54
Not Adam Gadahn...

On a side note: Adam Gadahn's Father is Founding Board member of the ADL.

A-Bear680
03-12-10, 09:15
OK....

Not Adam Gadahn...

Who is it?
And how can we be sure it's not A.Gadahn?
Links would help.

CharlieKilo
03-12-10, 10:43
OK....

Who is it?
And how can we be sure it's not A.Gadahn?
Links would help.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/03/reactions-from-local-muslims-to-arrest-of-al-qaeda-agent-adam-gadahn.html

[Updated at 8:30 p.m.: As of late Sunday, U.S. officials said the reports could not be confirmed. American intelligence agencies spent the day sorting out conflicting reports on the purported arrest of Adam Gadahn of Riverside. By late Sunday night, U.S. officials said the picture remained unclear.

“In terms of who may have been arrested, the Pakistani rumor mill belched out three very different possibilities in about six hours,” one U.S. official said. “That should tell you something right there. It’s by no means clear who, if anyone, the Pakistanis may have captured.”]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/03/07/2010-03-07_american_al_qaeda_terrorist_adam_gadahn_aka_azzam_the_american_arrested_in_pakis.html

But high-level U.S. officials said they could not verify the report - and there were growing indications it could be a mixup.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/03/07/2010-03-07_american_al_qaeda_terrorist_adam_gadahn_aka_azzam_the_american_arrested_in_pakis.html#ixzz0hyrFNfTN

Pakistan says U.S.-born suspect in custody is not Gadahn (http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-fg-pakistan-arrest9-2010mar09,0,2950469.story)

And I was mistaken, it is Adam's Grandfather who an Anti-Defamation League Board member...Dr. Carl Pearlman

A-Bear680
03-15-10, 16:47
Not Adam Gadahn...

I dunno. Seems a little early in the game to say for sure.