PDA

View Full Version : G26 ankle carry, what holster do you use?

f.2
03-07-10, 16:56
G26 ankle carry, what holster do you use?

edited the thread...

f.2
03-10-10, 13:45
edited thread, new question...

awm14hp
03-10-10, 13:46
alessi ankle rig I have one for the following

g26
SW 3913
SW 642

ST911
03-10-10, 14:19
There should be several threads with good info on ankle carry, including the merits and liabilities of specific holsters. Hit the search button.

f.2
03-10-10, 18:35
There should be several threads with good info on ankle carry, including the merits and liabilities of specific holsters. Hit the search button.

well my question is specific to the G26, and yes, a search will yield good info on ankle holster rigs, but they are not specific to the firearm in question. your last 3 posts were of the use the search function variety, btw. on a crusade?

Hit the search button.

If you're truly interested, do a search and read the previous threads...

Are you a member here? Lots of questions have already been answered.

infidelprodigy
03-10-10, 18:45
I have a Galco ankle glove for my Glock 26. Very comfortable and solid. It's stayed put even without the calf strap they offer as an additional option. It also has sheepskin on the interior which was very comfortable, even during the summers in Vegas.

IIRC, they MSRP for like $80, buty I haven't worn mine out at all, and I have used it a fair amount when carrying a second (or third?) handgun was warranted.

kjdoski
03-10-10, 19:53
I use the Ankle Glove for all my ankle carry pistols (G27, PM9, and 340 M&P). I've been using Ankle Gloves exclusively for about 6 years now, and I have NEVER had one give me an issue. They're plenty comfortable for all day carry, even in the heat/humidity that I normally work in, and they do NOT shift around. Optics Planet sells them for about $70, with free shipping...

Regards,

Kevin

Business_Casual
03-10-10, 21:32
Skintop has a bit more time online here than you, perhaps you should take his advice and internalize it instead of picking a fight with him?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=42114&highlight=ankle+carry

M_P

ST911
03-10-10, 21:57
well my question is specific to the G26, and yes, a search will yield good info on ankle holster rigs, but they are not specific to the firearm in question. your last 3 posts were of the use the search function variety, btw. on a crusade?

Your specific question was:

G26 ankle carry, what holster do you use?

If you read the threads the search will produce, there are indeed several posts within each that address carry of Glock subcompacts in ankle rigs, and who is using what. The one that modern_pirate offered is a good thread for the info you seek.

I'm sorry you don't like my reply. Nonetheless, you've been here long enough to know that most questions have been asked and answered. My reply wasn't unfriendly or unkind, but it was what it was.

If you have follow-up questions after you've digested the info that's out there, ask away and I'll help in any way I can.

To avoid being labeled unhelpful or a search-crusader again, here's my most frequently posted input on the topic of ankle holsters:

Don't skimp. Buy a quality holster that's contoured correctly, sized properly, and does not require over or under tensioning in order to stay in place. Nerve or vascular damage can occur if the holster isn't worn properly. If it offers one-size-fits-all or universal adjustment, beware.

Off-the-shelf mass-produced ankle holsters are sized, proportioned, and contoured for average-sized men. If you are not "average", pay attention to taper and contour for their effect on bone/muscle structure at the ankle and calf.

Counter-balance the weight of the gun with weight on the other side. A spare mag, light, or other weight helps to even out your gait and limit other tendency to "throw" the weighted leg.

Be sure to try all of the different styles and pairs of shoes you wear with your choice of holster, and be willing to change one or the other. I've had holsters that worked well with athletic shoes that were intolerable with dress shoes, and vice versa.

Practice, practice, practice deployment.

Style, cut, and construction of pants should also be considered. Finer material may wear quickly. Consider having your tailor reinforce fine dress clothes. To preserve a dress look, increase the rake of your hem with greater drop to the heel. If material and appearance are less an issue, add 2" to your inseam and drive on.

If you carry the really lightweight guns like LCPs, scandiums, and sometimes the airweights, they will mask the failures of lesser holsters. If you want to carry more gun, like a Glock subcompact or an M&P compact, you will need a better holster.

I ankle carry a G27 12-18 hours every day. I use only Alessi ankle holsters to maintain comfort and prevent injury. I've been able to carry G19s and G23s on the ankle as well, when the advice above is heeded.

tpd223
03-11-10, 03:54
Don Hume

f.2
03-11-10, 10:04
If you read the threads the search will produce, there are indeed several posts within each that address carry of Glock subcompacts in ankle rigs, and who is using what. The one that modern_pirate offered is a good thread for the info you seek.

I'm sorry you don't like my reply. Nonetheless, you've been here long enough to know that most questions have been asked and answered. My reply wasn't unfriendly or unkind, but it was what it was.

If you have follow-up questions after you've digested the info that's out there, ask away and I'll help in any way I can.

To avoid being labeled unhelpful or a search-crusader again, here's my most frequently posted input on the topic of ankle holsters:

I have read the ankle holster thread modern_pirate linked to and also remember reading your reply. In any case, infidelprodigy's post is especially useful since he's in the same area / climate where I live. I've used a renegade for my j-frame for more than a year and it's worked fine with no issues in 130F + heat, daily wear for more than 14 hours. My original thread was about using the renegade cozy partner for a G26, but then some guy thread crapped it to death harping about how he would never use an ankle holster etc.

CavReconScout
03-11-10, 12:13
I've been running a Renegade ankle holster for a G26 BUG for a couple months. I ran a S&W 442 in a Renegade for a couple years before that. The 442 was very comfortable. The G26 a little less so, but I am still getting use to it. I have the Renegade with the velcro release for the Glock, and you cannot "pull thru" like you can for the revolver.

f.2
03-11-10, 14:44
I've been running a Renegade ankle holster for a G26 BUG for a couple months. I ran a S&W 442 in a Renegade for a couple years before that. The 442 was very comfortable. The G26 a little less so, but I am still getting use to it. I have the Renegade with the velcro release for the Glock, and you cannot "pull thru" like you can for the revolver.

Great input, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. My 26 does almost everything a 17 or 19 does, in a smaller package.