LMT rear BUIS
MagPul CTR
MagPul MIAD
Magpul AFG
MagPul rail covers
Yankee Hill Machine 7-inch quad rail
H2 buffer w/carbine spring
"Spec-Ops" 2-point sling (en route)

This will be my "serious social engagements" carbine. What do you think?

spamsammich
03-09-10, 02:06
Here's how it looks currently:

LMT Defender lower
LMT 14.5-inch upper w/permanent Vortex FH
LMT full-auto BCG
LMT Tactical CH
LMT rear BUIS
MagPul CTR
MagPul MIAD
Magpul AFG
MagPul rail covers
Yankee Hill Machine 7-inch quad rail
H2 buffer w/carbine spring
"Spec-Ops" 2-point sling (en route)

This will be my "serious social engagements" carbine. What do you think?

I think you may run into problems running an H2 and weaker ammo with an LMT upper. Stick to 5.56 and you should be fine, cheaper .223 might not give you enough gas to cycle reliably.

bkb0000
03-09-10, 03:19
yankee hill handguards are not well respected.. i'd invest another $50 and upgrade that part to a DD or larue, or even just a RAS if you can find the $150 deals i see on kits here and there

tibis3383
03-09-10, 10:58
yankee hill handguards are not well respected.. i'd invest another $50 and upgrade that part to a DD or larue, or even just a RAS if you can find the $150 deals i see on kits here and there

I agree. With the money you are already putting into your rifle, get a rail that is equal in terms of quality. I run Daniel Defense Lite rails on my rifles and love em. I don't own any others so I cannot comment. I did however have a YHM rail and it was a long way from my DD in terms of quality. Hope this helps. Everything else sounds great and please post some pictures when you get everything assembled.

Semper Fi

Tim

thisaway
03-09-10, 16:23
Hmmmmm...I had never heard before that the YHM railed handguards were of low quality. What is the problem with them?

I may just go ahead and take your advice and purchase a Daniel Defense set, I have been curious about them before, anyhow.

spamsammich
03-09-10, 16:47
there have been reports of out of spec rails.

infidelprodigy
03-09-10, 16:53
For the quickest, least fuss two-piece rail, go with the DD Omega rail. It free-floats the barrel and is still user-installed in under 10 minutes.

If money is really tight, DD just came out with a non-FF version of the Omega that IIRC MSRP's for about $150.

ryan
03-09-10, 16:58
I really like my Troy MRF-M on my BCM middy, took me 5 minutes to put on biggest thing was getting the snap ring off (grinder with a cut off wheel) $179 shipped

thisaway
03-11-10, 17:15
I guess I will get a DD Omega 7 rail, it seems to be the best suited to me. Thanks gentlemen!