PDA

View Full Version : Kirkpatrick Leather

Dragon Slayer
03-09-10, 13:53
I just ordered a Belt Slide Holster for my Glock 26 from them has anybody ever ordered anything from them and how was the service and quality?

kjdoski
03-09-10, 19:03
When I lived in TX, I frequently had business in Laredo. Whenever I was down there, I'd forage through their stock, and usually found a holster or two I couldn't live without. I found the quality to be just fine, especially for the price, and the fact that I didn't have to wait six months for the holsters...

Regards,

Kevin

Alpha Sierra
03-09-10, 19:22
Good quality and good service.

cr420
03-09-10, 19:54
Nice holsters

Ranger325
03-10-10, 12:54
Kirkpatrick leather is great!! I bought an IWB last year to use while MSparks made my VMII. It was delivered fast, quality is excellent and all at a good price.
I'll order again.....................

Dragon Slayer
03-10-10, 21:25
Thank you all for your responses.:)

I am waiting to receive mine then I will report back. The reason I asked is up till now I used to get only Kramer Horsehide if I wanted leather and Comp Tac for Kydex.

Kramer has become prohibitively expensive so I was looking for a good value in a leather belt slide holster and it seamed that Kirkpatrick was a good one we shall see when I receive it.;)

I still like Comp Tac the best for kydex holsters both in quality and value.:)

Dragon Slayer
03-13-10, 16:20
I just received my Kirkpatrick Leather OWB Belt Slide holster for my Glock 26 and it is very nice, I ordered it just a few days ago and received it in less then a weeks time.

It cost $74.00 including shipping USPS which is anywhere $30.00 to $50.00 less then any other hand boned holster out there. I shall update how it holds up after wearing it for a while.

It sits a lot closer to the body then any Kydex OWB holster does and draws as fast, but it does not feel like it retains the gun as well as the Kydex holsters do.

My other favorite holsters are the Comp Tac Paddle and the Kramer Horsehide leather which is at least twice as expensive as the Kirkpatrick holster.

Alpha Sierra
03-13-10, 16:52
It sits a lot closer to the body then any Kydex OWB holster does and draws as fast, but it does not feel like it retains the gun as well as the Kydex holsters do.
LOL!!!

I laugh every time I read another post saying how RCS holsters conceal as well as leather when used OWB.

N.......F........W........ Not even close.

I bought the hype and sold it here within the month. My leather pancakes from John O'Rourke DO make a full size pistol disappear. Something no plastic belt holster can do.

Dragon Slayer
03-13-10, 18:36
LOL!!!

I laugh every time I read another post saying how RCS holsters conceal as well as leather when used OWB.

N.......F........W........ Not even close.

I bought the hype and sold it here within the month. My leather pancakes from John O'Rourke DO make a full size pistol disappear. Something no plastic belt holster can do.

I agree with you except for one that I know, it was a pancake holster built out of Kydex by FIST, it was even thinner and better then leather in concealment but the problem was it was so thin it did not last and started cracking and breaking after a few months use.:(

Alpha Sierra
03-13-10, 20:59
I agree with you except for one that I know, it was a pancake holster built out of Kydex by FIST, it was even thinner and better then leather in concealment but the problem was it was so thin it did not last and started cracking and breaking after a few months use.:(

In the end, plastic still can't measure up to old school leather.

Ranger325
03-15-10, 07:04
In the end, plastic still can't measure up to old school leather.

....................Amen brother!

Rinspeed
03-16-10, 08:57
I bought my belt from Kirkpatrick and they are great people to deal with.

Spiffums
03-16-10, 11:03
I love their Texas Strong Side. I have it for my 19 P7 and 220. I even have one of their Cowboy rigs........ too bad I out grew it.

They do excellent work and were very helpful every time I ordered over the phone.

williejc
03-16-10, 12:38
Kirkpatrick's has excellent holsters and outstanding service. My three serve me well.

williejc