PDA

View Full Version : question.. since some people call civies that ware .mil camo "posers"...

Ring
03-09-10, 17:29
IE: MARPAT, UCP-ACU....

what do we call the army for officially switching to "airsofter" civie camo? :)

larry0071
03-09-10, 17:41
O.O

I did not know I was a poser! I buy surplus M-65 coats and liners and wear it every day in the winter, SUPER great winter coat for cheap!

I'm currently sporting a PA National Gaurd woodland M-65 with liner.

In the warmer weather when a light jacket is needed.... nothing beats a long sleeved BDU shirt over your T-Shirt as a light jacket!

I use Woodland BDU pants for kayaking and camping and yard work.

Dam it, I'm posing all over the place! Oh well. I'll get over it.

Why go buy new clothes to trash while playing outdoors when you can buy our Governments throw aways that I already paid full price for one (As a tax payer).... so I feel it is just fine for me to be able to buy surplus and sport it in any way I desire. I own the United States Govt. and they work for me, I'm just buying back some of my clothes for practical use.

FN in MT
03-09-10, 17:50
I'm guilty as well. Still wearing out my od BDU pants from the 80's. And when I go to shoot revolvers at the Range I almost always wear one of my old slant pocket cotton, late 60's era jungle rip stop , shirts. The big pockets are great for speedloaders or empties or .22's .

My Wife calls it my "Troubled Loner" look.

FN in MT

orionz06
03-09-10, 19:36
I suppose I am a poser as well, damn me for making what I thought was a wise purchase.

m4fun
03-09-10, 19:39
What do your call it when you wear old East German ammo at the range? Hell - for camping, the range, training its ideal!

Now if you shave your head into a mohawk and start posing in front of a mirror with an old green m65 jacket saying "you talking to me" - well that would be an issue.

Belmont31R
03-09-10, 19:56
What do your call it when you wear old East German ammo at the range? Hell - for camping, the range, training its ideal!

Now if you shave your head into a mohawk and start posing in front of a mirror with an old green m65 jacket saying "you talking to me" - well that would be an issue.

Indecent exposure? ;)

Belmont31R
03-09-10, 19:56
I don't care as long as it doesn't have patches, name tapes, rank, etc.

I still wear some BDU, DCU, and ACU bottoms I have around the house, doing chores, and at the range.

Last time I was shooting a guy showed up in ACU top and bottom along with (brand new) desert boots. I thought that was pretty funny.....

dcollect
03-09-10, 19:59
It's your right as a tax-paying American. If you want a patch or something you can join up. Some people call civies that wear .ml camo "posers" because they are insecure.

Safetyhit
03-09-10, 20:03
I wear normal clothes.

RogerinTPA
03-09-10, 20:32
I wear on occasion, bdu pants at the range, training classes and camping, so I don't tear up my normal pants. Not for daily wear. My question is, why do so many come to gun shows all decked out, complete with Budda belly???:p

chadbag
03-09-10, 20:39
I have a few various pieces of camo clothing, non of which is military issue or cut and style. Mostly pants (the shirts are being held back for TEOTWAWKI :p). A MC Vertx pant, a tru-spec MC pant, a few desert digital 5.11 that I got for like $8 a piece new on closeout... I usually wear a Tshirt with them.

Am I a poser?

I couldn't care less what insecure people think

diving dave
03-09-10, 20:46
I guess I'm a poser too..I love my TAD gear multicam hoodie.

warpigM-4
03-09-10, 20:51
Although I am Not In the Army anymore.I still wear My M-65 ACU with My tags and My Guard Unit Patch(I feel I have earned the right to wear it any time:)) .I have sported the Pants to the range .But I Don't dress Head to toe:D.

It is funny you said this, I was at the Army surplus Store Not long ago and this Guy looking the part in ACU Bottom ,Tan Boots,and tan shirt was Trying on Hats ,so I told him to go to the Online PX and he could get a good deal, He Looked at me and said "WHAT IS A PX?"He was embarrassed He got Caught .He said I just dress this way .I said "Ok" and walked off

orionz06
03-09-10, 20:56
My question is, why do so many come to gun shows all decked out, complete with Budda belly???:p

I think we can all agree, regardless of background, all decked out is a bit much to go to a gun show.