PDA

View Full Version : LMT upper/lower wiggle

UrbanOps
03-10-10, 01:03
How do I get rid of this wiggle between the upper and lower? I can put my CMMG upper on my LMT lower and there isn't a wiggle. However, I can put the LMT upper on either my LMT lower or CMMG lower and it will wiggle. While I doubt it really affects anything, it is annoying.

CLHC
03-10-10, 01:07
There's "wiggle" when I had my Colt Match HBAR and there's "wiggle" on my n4lr. Their fine with me, and I do use mine. :cool:

bkb0000
03-10-10, 01:07
you cannot do anything without sacrificing at least some degree of reliability. that's just how it is, luck of the draw.

it doesn't affect anything, and the more time you spend shooting vs. fingering, the less it'll bug you. :)

UrbanOps
03-10-10, 01:13
Thanks for the quick replies!! Like I said, it's more annoying then anything. I remember CMMG used to sell accuwedges, i believe they were called. I wasn't sure if those were to fix this type of problem. I couldn't seem to find them anywhere, including their site, so I wrote it off as a figment in my imagination.

bkb0000
03-10-10, 01:14
accuwedges are dangerous.. there's been a number of reports of them coming loose inside the weapon and getting chewed up in the FCG

CLHC
03-10-10, 01:17
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=32599&highlight=accuwedge

UrbanOps
03-10-10, 01:30
Sounds like I'll live with the slop. I did a quick search, must have not spelled or spaced right. AFTER I posted i noticed a similar thread directly under mine ....:rolleyes:

spamsammich
03-10-10, 01:33
Answer honestly. When you're slung up nice and tight behind the sights with good cheek weld and you're concentrating on that sight picture/trigger press/breathing, do you honestly feel that wiggle? Do you feel it shooting on the move or under time pressure? Do you feel it when you're shooting supported in prone position or from bench rest? Does it effect your accuracy? The nicest thing I have to say about an accuwedge is they can make pretty good targets at 25 yards.

UrbanOps
03-10-10, 01:40
My "issue" is more when handling it and I hear it. Sorta like a rattle in my car ...drives me nuts! If I hear it once, I will always hear it and concentrate in on that annoying little noise and shake. I have a problem with blowing things out of proportion...like said car rattles. Call it my only fault ;)

boganz45
03-10-10, 03:28
Not an issue - shoot on.