PDA

View Full Version : D&H vs. C-Products Mags

utarch00
04-18-07, 13:23
I am looking at getting some mags for my soon to be built SBR. The D&H & C-Products Mags are around the same price. The C-Products that I have found come with the grey or orange anti-tilt followers and the D&H come withe the green ones. I want the orange ones to be able to tell them apart from my buddies mags. I can buy the orange followers separately and total cost would be a little more than the C-Products, which is fine.

My question is which ones are better and why? One buddy of mine got some of the C-products and they just felt flimsy to me.

Thanks in advance.

C4IGrant
04-18-07, 13:28
I am looking at getting some mags for my soon to be built SBR. The D&H & C-Products Mags are around the same price. The C-Products that I have found come with the grey or orange anti-tilt followers and the D&H come withe the green ones. I want the orange ones to be able to tell them apart from my buddies mags. I can buy the orange followers separately and total cost would be a little more than the C-Products, which is fine.

My question is which ones are better and why? One buddy of mine got some of the C-products and they just felt flimsy to me.

Thanks in advance.

I honestly cannot say if there is a difference between them. It it were me, I would hold out for the Magpul PMAG's.

C4

Bison
04-18-07, 15:58
D&H are good mags from everything I've read. They are made on the old LaBelle machines and they are a former (maybe current) USGI supplier.

There are a whole bunch of threads around complaining of various problems with the C-Products mags. Though, in its defense, I think C-Products pretty much made good on anything brought to its attention. C-Products has never been a USGI supplier.

I'd go with the D&H mags. Just my $.02.

AR-15A3
04-18-07, 16:10
I honestly cannot say if there is a difference between them. It it were me, I would hold out for the Magpul PMAG's.

C4

+1

Magpul PMAGs are very tough and stronger than aluminum mags, if you could wait for them they're way better.

If you can't wait for the PMAGs, In my honest opinion the D&H with it's teflon finish is a better finish than the dry lube finish of the regular C Products mags.

C Products also have some teflon finished mags that was just released but most owner reviews I've seen are negative and they said that the finish could be better and should be improved.

I have mostly D&H teflon finished mags from DSG, some C Products black finish stainless, and some Colt mags.

utarch00
04-18-07, 16:44

C4

I have some PMAGs on order and can not wait to get them, but in the interim I need some mags so I can shoot my soon to be finished SBR. I plan on stocking up with PMAGS, when I can.

M193 BALL
04-19-07, 06:34
I did order 8 D&H 20rd curve BLACK teflon with Green followers LEO 05
When the Ban was Lifted!

They work/Feed

Could have been better made.

I wish I kept my cash but owell they cost under 10 bucks each

I still like My Old Colt 20rounders with METAL FOLLOWERS ONLY
Been useing them since the 80`s and Never had problems!
USGI 20`s also as long as they have the proper Metal Followers

Quib
04-19-07, 07:08
I can not comment from personal experience with the Teflon C-products mags, but have read plenty of reports from dissatisfied customers.

I can comment on the Teflon D&H mags from Bravo Company as I bought 10 each of them. Fit and finish on all 10 is excellent, and 5 of the 10 mags that I have been able to function test so far, have passed with flying colors.

In the future, if I can not find new GI mags, I will definitely NOT hesitate to continue to stock up on the D&H mags!

M193 BALL
04-19-07, 13:47
I can not comment from personal experience with the Teflon C-products mags, but have read plenty of reports from dissatisfied customers.

I can comment on the Teflon D&H mags from Bravo Company as I bought 10 each of them. Fit and finish on all 10 is excellent, and 5 of the 10 mags that I have been able to function test so far, have passed with flying colors.

In the future, if I can not find new GI mags, I will definitely NOT hesitate to continue to stock up on the D&H mags!

Hi Quib

ARE THOSE 30 rounders D&H

The Finish is Fine on my CURVE LEO 20 rounders and they Feed 100%

Some of the spot weld could of been better

Also Sharper than my 5/1999 D/A SOCOM :D

AKA FMJ

Quib
04-19-07, 14:04
Hi Quib

ARE THOSE 30 rounders D&H

Yes, the 30rd D&H. I just function tested the remaining mags this morning and all are good to go!

M193 BALL
04-19-07, 14:59
Yes, the 30rd D&H. I just function tested the remaining mags this morning and all are good to go!

I like Paul/Bravocompany good place to order

I bought mine when the bann was lifted from 44mag