PDA

View Full Version : Glock 23 slide not locking back on last round

TheDutchman
04-18-07, 14:10
hey guy's i have a like new glock that I purchased that with new mags will not hold the slide back on the last round fire, however I can pull the slide manually back and it stays open, I was shooting Federal American Eagle 180gr 40 cal with three new factory glock mags which appear to be the lastest rev of the follower. Any help this is trouble me?

cmdr249
04-18-07, 14:49
If you are a high thumbs shooter, you may be riding on the slide stop lever while shooting and not allowing it to lock up when the follower makes contact.

Just check your shooting position first - it's just something that you have to be aware of and may need to slightly modify your thumb positions.

If the followers aren't damaged and the slide stop lever has range of motion then I look to thumb placement first.

shark31
04-18-07, 15:56
+1 Check your thumbs, even if you don't think that is the problem.

Reyn
04-18-07, 19:57
Like they said. I had the same problem with my 19. You cant even feel your doing it during recoil. I swore it was my mags til i tried it while watching my thumb the whole time. Sure enough it locked back every time.

TheDutchman
04-19-07, 14:10
You guys might be right I am a converted 1911/Hi Power high thumb shooter, i noticed that i had a high thumbs while shooting it but did not think anything of it. I will check it next time.

Joe R.
04-19-07, 20:27
I had the same problem when we switched from Smiths to Glocks. What I ended up doing is wraping my right thumb around the base of my left thumb (rather then just riding it on top) thus keeping it off the slide stop.

snacks
04-19-07, 20:56
same problem i had when i first purchased my glock. Watch that thumb because i know i still do.

ShipWreck
04-20-07, 09:34
If not the thumb - then U can always buy +10% mag springs to replace your stock ones, and U would be fine. But yea, I imagine it is your thumbs. I never took up that shooting position for my hands, so I never had that issue

Robb Jensen
04-20-07, 18:58
The easiest way to see if it's your thumbs and your a right handed shooter is to load 1 round in each of your mags and shoot it left handed. If it locks back it's you. If it doesn't replace your mag springs. I use ISMI and Wolff +10% springs.

I'm in the gun business so for me (Glock mags are dirt cheap) it's just more economical for me to just replace my mags.

TheDutchman
04-23-07, 10:43
They are new Factory Glock mags I hope they do not have weak springs, I will order some 10% springs from Wolff

TheDutchman
05-14-07, 13:10
OK guys I shot it this weekend and payed close attention to keeping my thumbs off the slide release, but I still have the problem. I ordered some Wolff Mag Springs and notice that the Brand Spanking New Factory Glock Mags spring is weak compared to the Wolff spring. will update