PDA

View Full Version : Help me win! Watch a video of my Noveske Recce

saryan
03-11-10, 02:59
I made this video for a contest. Its my first time ever making and editing a video like this. Whoever gets the most views wins the contest so help a brother and while checking out my AR in action. I left the specs to the AR in the description. I didnt have much time to make it so this is all I could think of doing. MODS, if this violates in COC rules feel free to move and IM me so I know, thanks. Here is the link. And yes somehow I misspelled berm...lol. FYI- I did not make this to prove that I am an above average shooter. I just made it to generate views to win my wife that ring. Then she will have a ring worth more than my rifle ( yes, she has observed that and has brought it to my attention...).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIu_hY_zfGo

AWESOME WORK GUYS! WE HIT 1,000 VIEWS LAST NIGHT AND NOW WE ARE AT 1,500! THE GUY THAT I NEED TO BEAT HAS HAD HIS VIDEO UP FOR A FEW WEEKS AND IS AT 7,500 VIEWS. I HAVE TILL THE 28TH TO BEAT HIM. PLEASE DO NOT LET ME GET BEAT BY A GUY THAT WEARS SKINNY JEANS....

Hoss356
03-11-10, 12:01
Very nice, I've never heard of someone using a rifle to legally get a ring for their wife, way cool. So how do you win? Is it by total post count? Anyway, cool video, but since this is a weapon forum I think you should post photos and specs of the rifle a well.

saryan
03-11-10, 12:29
Very nice, I've never heard of someone using a rifle to legally get a ring for their wife, way cool. So how do you win? Is it by total post count? Anyway, cool video, but since this is a weapon forum I think you should post photos and specs of the rifle a well.

Fair enough! I cant post pics from work but I will tonight!
The load was 75gr BTHP load I worked up for it using win brass and RL-15 powder.
Specs:
Noveske 16" barrel
Larue Receiver
Larue 13.2 Rail
Nightforce 2.5-10x32 with NP-R2 reticle (MOA/MOA)
Trigicon red dot on top of the NF (4 MOA dot, should have went bigger)
Larue SPR mount. Its the 1.93 one, sits a little lower
LMT lower
Geissele Hi-Speed Trigger
LMT SOPMOD
JP BC with ION BOND finish
MIAD grip
H-Buffer
AAC M41000 suppressor
Larue FUG
Larue sling
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/IMG_4944.jpg

ChicagoTex
03-11-10, 14:48
really surprised you chose to take that shot with a supressor attached. Aren't they supposed to negatively impact accuracy?

hikeeba
03-11-10, 15:01
Good luck with the contest.

Did you paint your rifle, or did you have someone else do that? If you painted it, what did you use for paint and patterning? Thanks.

Zhurdan
03-11-10, 15:03
really surprised you chose to take that shot with a supressor attached. Aren't they supposed to negatively impact accuracy?

Only in Counterstrike.;):D

saryan
03-11-10, 15:35
Yeah the suppressor helps accuracy on this rifle. Havnt seen a can that hurt accuracy yet that was made right.
Yes I did paint the rifle. I used Duracoat and pine needles for stencils. Thanks for the views guys. I dont do a lot of posting on here. Just reading. :)

RetreatHell
03-11-10, 15:48

Negative, they typically improve accuracy. What you may be thinking of is POI shift when the suppressor is attached if you initially BZO'd without the can (with some cans). But if the weapon is BZO'd with the suppressor attached, which I would definitely do for this shot (and confirm multiple times:D), then you're good to go.

@ saryan,

Really cool video, man! If you were just shooting through a ring for the hell of it, then it wouldn't be near as cool. But given the fact that the wife could be getting some nice bling, it's pretty friggin' cool! My wife might finally support my shooting passion if I won her a ring with it:p

That's a VERY nice carbine you're shooting as well, man!

Semper Fi,

-Paul

ChicagoTex
03-11-10, 16:21
Interesting replies re: supressor accuracy. Learn something new every day here.

It's somewhat academic for me, as I have no intention to get into NFA items, but it's good to know generally and just in case I change my mind.

saryan
03-11-10, 16:47
Negative, they typically improve accuracy. What you may be thinking of is POI shift when the suppressor is attached if you initially BZO'd without the can (with some cans). But if the weapon is BZO'd with the suppressor attached, which I would definitely do for this shot (and confirm multiple times:D), then you're good to go.

@ saryan,

Really cool video, man! If you were just shooting through a ring for the hell of it, then it wouldn't be near as cool. But given the fact that the wife could be getting some nice bling, it's pretty friggin' cool! My wife might finally support my shooting passion if I won her a ring with it:p

That's a VERY nice carbine you're shooting as well, man!

Semper Fi,

-Paul
Thanks bro. Took my a while to build it as you can tell. My younger bro is 03/52 btw so Semper Fi back at you from him.

@chicagotex, Go to snipershide.com and look around that forum. Most of the competitive long range shooters use suppressors. Last few matches I have been to have been won by guys using cans on there rigs.

JSantoro
03-11-10, 17:38

Groups open up with KAC cans. I've been listening to the gnashing of teeth from MARSOC and other elements that use the current-gen SOPMOD kits for over a year, now. Those poor guys reeeaaaally miss their Surefires.

AAC and Surefire cans effectively add barrel length, so groups tend to either stay the same or shrink vs. with a can not mounted.

exotic-toys
03-11-10, 17:51
Kudos my friend! Please let us know if you win that 'bling'.

Marty916
03-11-10, 17:53
Nicely done! Best of luck on your quest. Diamonds are God's version of a suppressor, very effective in keeping the wife quiet..

saryan
03-11-10, 17:53
Groups open up with KAC cans. I've been listening to the gnashing of teeth from MARSOC and other elements that use the current-gen SOPMOD kits for over a year, now. Those poor guys reeeaaaally miss their Surefires.

AAC and Surefire cans effectively add barrel length, so groups tend to either stay the same or shrink vs. with a can not mounted.

I have heard that with the M110 SASS can for sure. Havnt heard anything about their 5.56 can other than its a mid level can at a tier 1 price.

Mac5.56
03-11-10, 17:56
Other then the fact that I don't agree with you that diamonds and shooting have nothing in common it was an interesting video. Good job editing, and with the effects.

RetreatHell
03-11-10, 18:11

I haven't heard that, but I also haven't followed it whatsoever. The KAC QDSS 5.56 can is durable as hell though. When Chris Costa let me mount his on my SBR with triple tap suppressor attachment, he was telling me that he was blown away by the punishment that it has sustained since he's had it, and that a month before at the AAC Silencer Shoot, Trey Knight (I think) fired an uninterrupted 200-round drum through Chris' KAC can with their M249 SAW. Not to mention that particular can is constantly used in carbine courses and other training by Chris and whoever else is instructing with him during that particular course.

Since I've got 2 triple taps, I plan on buying the KAC can one of these days, just need to get the $$$ for it. Plus I just recently bought the Surefire 556K can, so it'll probably be a while before I get the QDSS.

@saryan, tell your bro I said Semper Fi' and Get Some!!;)

-Paul

JSantoro
03-11-10, 18:45
I didn't address durability because it wasn't initially brought up, but it's not a gripe I've heard from anybody, either. Nor any gripes regarding sound supression.

Discussions I've had and examples I've seen all revolved strictly around how the KAC issued cans affect accuracy vs. without the can. It's not like they make it so one would have trouble hitting Gabriel Iglesias in his food-blister ass, though. Incremental, to be sure, but a notable, easily replicated trend.

jaxman7
03-11-10, 18:55
Hey bud. Nice (very nice AR), and I really like your passion for the sport of shooting, especially with the used platform! Nice rifle and ,if the video is true, nice job of putting 'em down range!

scar2099
03-11-10, 19:03
Nice rifle and nice video :cool: , good luck in the contest

eternal24k
03-11-10, 22:09
hmmm...
I feel like such a thread needs a pic of the rifle (check) and the wife who will benefit from said contest.

saryan
03-11-10, 22:20
hmmm...
I feel like such a thread needs a pic of the rifle (check) and the wife who will benefit from said contest.
Hook a brother up with some views! She will appreciate it:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/saryan25/IMG_5540.jpg

PdxMotoxer
03-13-10, 08:36
I laid my reply (for today) I'll try to do 1 a day plus I gotta think if
i watch that video 10 times you'll have to miss at least one time. :D ;)

That Noveske 16" barrel looks more like a 20" with that rail and even longer
with that suppressor.

VERY nice set up!

saryan
03-13-10, 10:09
I laid my reply (for today) I'll try to do 1 a day plus I gotta think if
i watch that video 10 times you'll have to miss at least one time. :D ;)

That Noveske 16" barrel looks more like a 20" with that rail and even longer
with that suppressor.

VERY nice set up!

Thanks man.

orionz06
03-13-10, 10:17
Great video, sent it out to a bunch of people too...

User Name
03-13-10, 12:20
I watched it. So there is one more "view". Slick rifle btw. Good luck with the contest.

PdxMotoxer
03-14-10, 05:32
Sunday morn post and bump..... I hope you and yours win that Ring!!

for those who have not seen or made a youtube comment

saryan
03-14-10, 11:58
Sunday morn post and bump..... I hope you and yours win that Ring!!

for those who have not seen or made a youtube comment

Thanks bud!

saryan
03-18-10, 06:47
Thanks guys. We just hit 11,000+ views. The other guy has really started pushing his video more and is getting some more views though so I still need some help. Contest ends next Sunday the 28th!

Cazwell
03-18-10, 11:10
I'll pass it around some more. Good luck and keep us posted!

BWT
03-18-10, 11:19
Watched it, beautiful gun.

thopkins22
03-18-10, 11:46
AWESOME WORK GUYS! WE HIT 1,000 VIEWS LAST NIGHT AND NOW WE ARE AT 1,500! THE GUY THAT I NEED TO BEAT HAS HAD HIS VIDEO UP FOR A FEW WEEKS AND IS AT 7,500 VIEWS. I HAVE TILL THE 28TH TO BEAT HIM. PLEASE DO NOT LET ME GET BEAT BY A GUY THAT WEARS SKINNY JEANS....

I wasn't going to watch it until I read this. No man should ever lose a contest of any sort to a male that wears skinny jeans.

The picture of the wife helped your cause with me too.:p

ETA: You're at 11,170 views, a few firearms forums can go a long way apparently.

saryan
03-18-10, 12:09
I wasn't going to watch it until I read this. No man should ever lose a contest of any sort to a male that wears skinny jeans.

The picture of the wife helped your cause with me too.:p

ETA: You're at 11,170 views, a few firearms forums can go a long way apparently.

Thanks! I'll pass on the compliment. Your dead nuts on about pretty much everything you said. Thank you gun forums, thank you hot wife, thank you guy with no pride that wears skinny jeans.
I can say 2 things when I die:
1. I never had a mullet.
2. I never wore skinny jeans

G34Shooter
03-18-10, 15:15
Good luck and I've spread the word :D

Fontaine
03-18-10, 15:23
Just curious, how many grains of RL-15 are you using? Are you using Hornady or Privi Partizan 75 gr projectiles? Only experimented for a little bit with RL-15, never did get to do much serious accuracy testing with various loads.

I've posted this video to my facebook, and hope to generate views for you :cool:

saryan
03-18-10, 15:55
Just curious, how many grains of RL-15 are you using? Are you using Hornady or Privi Partizan 75 gr projectiles? Only experimented for a little bit with RL-15, never did get to do much serious accuracy testing with various loads.

I've posted this video to my facebook, and hope to generate views for you :cool:

Thanks!
I am using 24.1 right now. I need to play with this a little bit though. It shot good enough to do this but I havnt tested it further out yet. I am using the Hornady bullets, non-moly. Win case, 205m primers. Resized with a Redding Small Base Full length sizer.

Abraxas
03-18-10, 19:27
Just watched it. Good luck

saryan
03-23-10, 18:01
Thanks guys. I am in the lead and hopefully will stay that way! Contest ends on Sunday!

PdxMotoxer
03-23-10, 20:20
19,582 views, as of Tues March 23!!

saryan
03-24-10, 12:11
19,582 views, as of Tues March 23!!

We hit 20,000 last night! Its looking real good for me right now!

orionz06
03-24-10, 12:15
Emails sent out, blatant abuse of the work address book for sure!

tactical1
03-24-10, 12:19
Well done sir; very nice shooting and very nice rig - hope you win!

saryan
03-24-10, 20:05
Well done sir; very nice shooting and very nice rig - hope you win!

Me too! It will be a good month for me! Start my new job at USSA, win a 1ct ring for my wife which is followed by the best 24hrs of my life.....;)

Whootsinator
03-24-10, 20:49
Great video, and a REALLY slick rifle! Good luck to you. :)

Jdubya101
03-25-10, 16:54
Just watched for the first time. May have to watch several times to get all details.:D Good luck in the contest.

saryan
03-25-10, 21:59
It ends in less than 3 days! Sweet!

J Krammes
03-25-10, 22:13
Nice rig, and great video. Good luck.

Jeremy

RetreatHell
03-26-10, 00:21
New page, here's the link to the video again;)

Good luck and Semper Fi,

-Paul

Irish
03-26-10, 01:44
I watched it and added a link to http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=9261 for you. Hopefully that'll send a little more traffic to the video ;)

exotic-toys
03-28-10, 08:16
Did you win?

d90king
03-28-10, 08:40
Update?

saryan
03-28-10, 17:37
Update?

I dont know yet. I am in the lead by over 6k views. I assume I did but havnt heard the official word yet. I will let you know followed by pics. I was at the range with some guys today rockin' some some WMD's!

RB-S13
03-28-10, 21:59
Cool vid and very nice rifle!