PDA

View Full Version : how does one get todd G's job?

skyugo
03-11-10, 17:17
it's a question we've all asked ourselves...

tell us about yourself todd. I love your writeups, and you really know your stuff. how'd you make a career of guns?

Business_Casual
03-11-10, 17:24
He's a millionaire:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=49300

M_P

bkb0000
03-11-10, 17:25
its easy to be a celebrated internet personality when nigerians give you millions.

skyugo
03-11-10, 17:27
He's a millionaire:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=49300

M_P

:D nice.

nigerian mail scam. of course, why didn't i respond to those emails.

John_Wayne777
03-11-10, 18:15
I'm sure there are many keys to Todd's success, but it seems to me there are a few that are more crucial than the others:

- Embrace personality traits that make people hate you...and also those personality traits that make people who get along with you wonder why they don't hate you.

- Get Reed Knight's cell number.

- Develop the idea to talk a gun company into giving you a free gun and an obscene amount of ammo...while thinking all the while that they are somehow coming out on the better end of the deal.

- Attempt to capture important publicity photos using your obscenely expensive camera...but do it without the memory card in the camera.

- Walk around on a daily basis with a gun pointing at your nuts.

As for shooting ability, I have a theory about the loss of bits of anatomy and the impact it has on performance. Todd's a pretty good shooter and he's down a kidney. Lance Armstrong is a pretty good cyclist and he's down a testicle. Coincidence? I think not.

Jay Cunningham
03-11-10, 18:20
1. Collect underpants
2. ?
3. Profit

C45P312
03-11-10, 18:23
For one, you know you're on the right path if you know who Jeff Cooper is at least.

ToddG
03-11-10, 18:26
I'm sure there are many keys to Todd's success, but it seems to me there are a few keys:

Eloquent as ever there, Mr. Shakespeare. (make your own "T.I.P. of the spear" jokes)

Safetyhit
03-11-10, 18:28
I'm sure there are many keys to Todd's success, but it seems to me there are a few keys:

- Embrace personality traits that make people hate you...and also those personality traits that make people who get along with you wonder why they don't hate you.

- Get Reed Knight's cell number.

- Develop the idea to talk a gun company into giving you a free gun and an obscene amount of ammo...while thinking all the while that they are somehow coming out on the better end of the deal.

- Attempt to capture important publicity photos using your obscenely expensive camera...but do it without the memory card in the camera.

- Walk around on a daily basis with a gun pointing at your nuts.

As for shooting ability, I have a theory about the loss of bits of anatomy and the impact it has on performance. Todd's a pretty good shooter and he's down a kidney. Lance Armstrong is a pretty good cyclist and he's down a testicle. Coincidence? I think not.

That was a smacking.

John_Wayne777
03-11-10, 18:31
Eloquent as ever there, Mr. Shakespeare. (make your own "T.I.P. of the spear" jokes)

Those are the most key of the keys.

Somebody who didn't ditch class to go to the range would easily be able to grasp that.

ZDL
03-11-10, 18:39

bulbvivid
03-11-10, 19:01
1. Collect underpants
2. ?
3. Profit

This guy's a third of the way there: Man accused of stealing panties at open houses (http://www.wauwatosanow.com/news/85037257.html)

ToddG
03-11-10, 19:25
Those are the most key of the keys.

No no no. You have to do it in iambic pentameter...

The keys that are the most important keys
Shall be the ones we list right here as these:
* Some people hate your personality.
* Poor Kevin suffers from your text to Reed.
* You get free stuff and screw a company.
* Forget the cards your cameras truly need.
* Important bits get muzzled by your gun.
Iambic poems are a lot of fun!

Somebody who didn't ditch class to go to the range would easily be able to grasp that.

Yeah. Then I'd shoot like you. Pass.

JonnyVain
03-11-10, 19:28
Mommy wouldn't let us have toy guns growing up because she thought we would want real guns as adults.

My mom tried that. We used to use sticks and our fingers as guns. My stubborn Great Grandma went out and bought me and my brother our first toy guns. Plastic uzi's that made a noise when you pulled the trigger. God bless G Grandmas :D.

m4fun
03-11-10, 19:38
Ignore John Wayne - highly slanted - the highest level is sneaking guns in the house, having a secret PO box for your secret credit card, etc.

Also keeps the wife happy.

That said, if it could be a career - wow. How do you do that!

Business_Casual
03-11-10, 20:41
That said, if it could be a career - wow. How do you do that!

Yeah, he's doing well; he has a nice car.

Well, it was until I keyed it in the parking garage.

M_P

HowardCohodas
03-11-10, 21:10
after graduating college

Forgive me Todd, I just could not resist.

http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/en/b/b7/Vernier.png

Littlelebowski
03-11-10, 21:25
Yeah. Then I'd shoot like you. Pass.

Jealousy of JW7777's truly magnificent muttonchops is an ugly thing.

OldGreg
03-11-10, 21:35
So Todd, what was that first gun you purchased?

ToddG
03-11-10, 23:10
So Todd, what was that first gun you purchased?

This is so embarrassing.

Taurus PT-99. The 99 is the adjustable sight version. The rear sight fell off not once, not twice, but three times. On the third trip back to Taurus I insisted the gun get replaced with a fixed sight version, and since I'd paid extra for the now useless adj sights, I insisted they replace it with a sparkly stainless steel model. I then immediately sold the gun and bought my first real pistol, an HK USP40. :cool:

TheGreenRanger24
03-12-10, 00:01
This is so embarrassing.

Taurus PT-99.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSV-VtJfwRw&feature=related

:p

MarshallDodge
03-12-10, 23:27
You have to gain the respect of your peers and Todd has done a very good job at doing that.

This is so embarrassing.

Taurus PT-99. The 99 is the adjustable sight version. The rear sight fell off not once, not twice, but three times. On the third trip back to Taurus I insisted the gun get replaced with a fixed sight version, and since I'd paid extra for the now useless adj sights, I insisted they replace it with a sparkly stainless steel model. I then immediately sold the gun and bought my first real pistol, an HK USP40. :cool:
That was my first centerfire pistol. My Dad actually had to sign the paperwork for me because I was under 21. His remark when we left the gun store was "Glad you can afford these toys so I can play with them." :D

It is the gun that I learned that not all are created "the same as." The gunshop said it was the same as the Beretta, only less $$. :rolleyes:

I never had any issues with mine but I didn't shoot much back then. Maybe 3000 rounds until I traded it for $100 and a Colt Gold Cup.

epete
03-13-10, 17:09
MarshallDodge,

You traded a Taurus PT-99 for $100 and a Colt Gold Cup?

I think you got the better end of that deal!

orionz06
03-13-10, 17:31
1. Collect underpants
2. ?
3. Profit

Quite often the most overlooked of plans...

HowardCohodas
03-14-10, 00:46
WSJ reports millionaires are disappearing from Maryland because of the high taxes on the rich. I wonder if this applies to Todd?

randolph
03-14-10, 09:04
heck its not just Todd G, there's lots of people on here with Uber-Kewl work assignments...

Stickman could look like Danny Devito and still be the most envied person on the planet, short of whoever is sleeping with Megan Fox :cool:

MarshallDodge
03-14-10, 12:25
MarshallDodge,

You traded a Taurus PT-99 for $100 and a Colt Gold Cup?

I think you got the better end of that deal!
Yes, I think I did as well but he had to have the Taurus. It was just after the Clinton ban and I had two 15 round magazines for it.

I still have the Gold Cup(a 70 series) and he has since moved on to Glocks.....even though he rarely shoots them.

skyugo
03-14-10, 13:25
heck its not just Todd G, there's lots of people on here with Uber-Kewl work assignments...

Stickman could look like Danny Devito and still be the most envied person on the planet, short of whoever is sleeping with Megan Fox :cool:

yeah i'd love to get a gun related job that doesn't involve anyone returning fire...
i've also heard megan fox is a headache to date. would be worth it for a fling though :D

skyugo
03-14-10, 13:26
WSJ reports millionaires are disappearing from Maryland because of the high taxes on the rich. I wonder if this applies to Todd?

it seems like doing anything firearms related in the northeast would be a pain in the ass... i mean just crossing state lines with handguns out there can easily lead to headaches. gotta say i'm glad i left NY and came to a free state.