PDA

View Full Version : Condoroutdoors ? Anybody used their stuff

lonewolf21
03-11-10, 18:31
A local shop has a condor plate carrier. Price seems good as well as the product. Anybody have any experience with their stuff. GTG ?

tracker722
03-11-10, 19:01

Blankwaffe
03-13-10, 16:38
It seems that Condor Outdoors and Voodoo Tactical have a similar line of products.Ive got an assortment of both brands chest rigs and MOLLE pouches from CTD sold under the ModGear label,and they are certainly good stuff for the money.The fabric they use is heavy and durable enough to take alot of abuse and they use double or triple stitching on all the seams.So the overall assembly holds up verywell.
Only thing I have seen weak so far is some of the plastic buckles and rings they use on the chest rigs.Which I simply replace with parts from BFG or others when they snap.
The Tactical Chest Rigs are truely functional if you take a little bit of effort and refine them to your liking.For instance I did away with the velcro fastener that secures the rig in the front and installed two straps with buckles.The rings on the bib are weak and need to be replaced, and the top adjustment strap on the side needs to be relocated up higher at the rear attachment point on the hydration carrier to keep the mags from sagging/drooping when fully loaded and your moving.
I also sewed the bottom of the rigs mag pouches up about and inch to easy manipulation of the mags.Otherwise the mags sit low in the rigs mag pouches and make it hard to get a hold when wearing gloves.
In short if you have some sewing skills and willing to make some personal mods to the chest rigs,they are extremely functional for the money and are very durable.
Otherwise the MOLLE pouches are fully functional as is and I have had no complaints.
That said I am not using the gear professionally on a day to day basis either.But its good enough to use for training and 3gun.

JBecker 72
03-13-10, 16:40
I have a Condor 36" rifle case, Cost me $50.
Seems to be well made, and it does its job.

Tmed
03-14-10, 22:55
There is a shop here that has started carrying Condor. Just bought a few items yesterday. Seem well made for the price. I guess we will see.:)

Lee Indy
03-15-10, 02:08
condor and voodoo are basically the same. i have a chest rig from them and a rifle case. both excellent quality and worth the 40 bucks i spent on it

uspopo
03-15-10, 07:42
Me and a few other police officers have been using Condor gear and have been happy with their products. I own several 36" rifle cases, micro drag bags, and a couple of plate carriers and molle pouches. Decent quality at a very affordable pricepoint and I wouldn't hesitate to recommending them.

Ranger325
03-15-10, 10:00
I picked up one of their small range bags at a real good price last year at Camp Perry. I use it for AR mags, ammo and cleaning gear. It seems to be a good value.
I've read good things about their solft shell - must be good 'cause everyboby's sold out!
Good luck...................

TFin04
03-15-10, 11:11
It's crappy Chinese made gear IMO. I've owned a few of their items before I knew the whole story and have not been happy with them.

Furthermore, I have an issue with a company making direct rip-offs of others designs. Yes I know it happens a lot in this industry, but that doesn't make it right. Seek out the well made gear from the companies who have put the time and energy into R&D to make a well built product. It is worth it.

JBecker 72
03-15-10, 14:34

JBecker 72
03-15-10, 14:35
I agree that its Chinese knock-off stuff, but $50 for a good soft rifle bag is deal IMO.
Quite frankly I dont feel like spending over $100 bucks on a bag that only needs to get things to and from the range.

Moose-Knuckle
03-16-10, 13:52
I agree that its Chinese knock-off stuff, but $50 for a good soft rifle bag is deal IMO.
Quite frankly I dont feel like spending over $100 bucks on a bag that only needs to get things to and from the range.

I got a Maxpedition discreet rifle case that holds two carbines at Botach for $49.

Lee Indy
03-16-10, 14:14
is that the silver II case. if so mine is in the mail.

Moose-Knuckle
03-17-10, 07:00
is that the silver II case. if so mine is in the mail.

Yes I believe that is it, I got a couple of years ago now. Don't know if Botach still as it...

USAFR
03-17-10, 16:33
I'm using a H2O/backback, and a pistol & Rifle mag puuch, and dump pouch, for what I paid I good to go.
Ive got five pistol belts, a couple just duty, and the others more set up for hard usage, so far all the condod are doing well.

Be safe

ca_fireman19
03-18-10, 02:24
Condor Outdoor is okay depending on what you want...As for their plate carriers, you could do alot better...I have one and I quickly replaced it. Other than the strength of the material, the MOLLE webbing is completely un-uniform. Don't get me wrong, some of their products are downright unbeatable...In fact, I have it on good authority, they actually make the dragbags for Blackhawk. I have one of their tactical assault rifle bags and only paid $45 for it. Bottom line, beware and shop around.

Zeus
04-04-10, 15:31
I don't have any of their chest rigs... just feel better with some others, so I never tried them. HOWEVER, I have an assortment of their bags/cases and other gear. Best value out there in my opinion. Very durable, and holds up better than gear at 3x the cost.

I'll not participate in the "ethical" discussion about where crap is made because that's for people who have time/budgets to argue, and not for us people who only have time/budgets to "do". I will say this though, if you are that hung up on the shit about where a working piece of gear is made, Condor has local facilities cranking out some good ol' "made in the USA" gear that is the same design, same material, made in the same way, but makes hypocrites (running all their other "foreign" gear) feel better with the good ol' "made in the USA" tag sewn on it. Most places don't carry that line though, because it costs more... go figure.

nolacopusmc
04-04-10, 15:40
I carry a lot of the Condor gear at gun shows and in my shop. I like it. It is true a some of it is almost direct copies of maxpedition (which i also carry), TAD, etc. However, they do make improvements and modifications to the original designs. it is business. Making a better and cheaper mouse trap. As long as they are not knocking it off and trying to call it the same thing (Chinese Oakley, Gucci, etc,), I see it as basic business.

As far as the quality, unless you will be in 120 degree desert everyday, it will more than suit the average shooter / LEO need. I use the carriers for my duty use and some of the bags for various needs. I think the gear is quality for a consumer level product. I do know some guys who have ran Condor stuff in Iraq, and it held up well.

is it as over built as say a London bridge, SOE, etc, no, but unless your use demands that level of over engineering, the Condor gear will fit most people's needs.

BigPaulie
04-17-10, 08:17
Bought their M-4 3 mag puches from Cheaper Than Dirt. The stitching is crap. Had the outer stitching unravel on both pouches. Shame on me for buying cheap made Chicom garbage.