PDA

View Full Version : Zack holster

vaglocker
03-12-10, 08:27
Anyone try one? Raven makes something similar but for a bit more $.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/zackconcealmentholster.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSvy5nQnd64

I just ordered 2 of them and will report after I put one through it's paces. I currently carry in a CCC Looper AIWB. This will not replace my Looper but be more of a, "I gotta run to the store and am too lazy to put on my regular holster" rig.

LOKNLOD
03-12-10, 08:37
I've been wanting to pick up the similar Raven version, but more for use in a bag or in a vehicle console. If I'm carrying on my person, the holster needs to do more to positively retain the gun, not just cover the trigger.

Spiffums
03-12-10, 09:13
I'm sure Gabe and some of the others have the necessary skill of arms to use a holster like this. But it's not for me.

Pappabear
03-12-10, 09:18
I watched that video. huh? To each his own, but it seems like more work and less secure than a simple IWB Bladetech. Especially for running to the store, good luck though.

vaglocker
03-12-10, 09:26
I've been wanting to pick up the similar Raven version, but more for use in a bag or in a vehicle console.

This is probably what I would end up using it for the most, as well as maybe a nightstand holster. I see a definate niche for this but again not as a complete replacement for a proper holster

Gabe Suarez
03-12-10, 10:58
Guys...this was never intended as an everyday carry weapon holster. It was designed for members of our staff that are currently OCONUS in Africa armed in dangerous environments, albeit sans credentials, and where the need to divest themselves of weapon and carry platform may be needed but also where simple "mexican carry" is not secure enough.

It may have uses for the operator in the USA as well. We have seen them purposed for the bedside gun to preclude premature trigger contact, as well as as for bag carry and other purposes.

03-12-10, 12:16
I have a belt clip device that I got from Ghost Products [I think, don't have it with me right now]. It slides onto the accessory rail of most pistols, it was made for a Glock but works on others. It is a simple belt clip that comes out with the pistol, it has a enhanced trigger guard as part of it's construction.

four
03-12-10, 12:40
I'm just curious since I've never need to ditch my carry rig in a hurry, but how much faster or easier would it be to get rid of the Zack vs something like the Looper that just uses an outside hook?

I get mexican carry cause there's no "holster" to speak of. is this meant to look like a non holster holster?

infidelprodigy
03-12-10, 13:11
It's less noticeable to pull out and ditch the Zack then a standard holster. Also, you can break the Zack easier to conceal what it really was. Now it is just shards of plastic and a string.

These have several uses, however the primary mission for it was to be used by those carrying somewhere where the best consequence for being caught with gun gear would be a lengthy prison stay......

vaglocker
03-12-10, 13:26
I'm just curious since I've never need to ditch my carry rig in a hurry, but how much faster or easier would it be to get rid of the Zack vs something like the Looper that just uses an outside hook?

I get mexican carry cause there's no "holster" to speak of. is this meant to look like a non holster holster?

The Looper, like a lot of other holsters uses a loop (hence the name :D) around the belt and can only be taken off by unbuckling the belt and then sliding off the holster. A holster with a clip would seem to do the same thing, but since i've been using my CCC Looper I've shy'd away form holsters with clips.

ST911
03-12-10, 13:29
It may have uses for the operator in the USA as well. We have seen them purposed for the bedside gun to preclude premature trigger contact, as well as as for bag carry and other purposes.

When I saw it, my first thought was bag carry. Loop the cord through a PALS channel, and voila. One could also attach a piece of hook backing to it, or rivet a small strap to run through a PALS channel.

I don't see a place for it in CONUS CCW carry otherwise. Maybe a narc/UC ap. I'd reserve use only for someone with a serious understanding and competency in carry in this manner. This isn't a holster for the LCD.

CCK
03-12-10, 15:24
I had a discussion on WEVO about using one of these as a trigger guard for one of the new Pistol Caliber Carbine conversions for Glocks (HERA, CAA, FAB defense)

also, this and and a clip draw make an ideal "no excuses" setup (no excuses not to have it on you)

Chris

Vindic8
08-14-10, 17:30
I bought one of these to go in tandem with a Smartcarry for deep concealment with shorts & T-shirt. It arrived today, I'll post my review.

vaglocker
08-14-10, 17:41
For better or worse this has become my main "weekend" carry rig and I'm digging it. Retention has yet to be a problem it just doesn't seem to budge unless I move it.

Erik 1
08-14-10, 18:43
I bought one of these to go in tandem with a Smartcarry for deep concealment with shorts & T-shirt. It arrived today, I'll post my review.

I've been using one with a Smartcarry for some time and have been very happy with it. It makes me more comfortable since I can't quite bring myself to trust the Smartcarry by itself. One of these days. I'll split the seams on the Smartcarry and insert some kydex, but for now it's great.

dojpros
08-15-10, 20:20
"Played" with on last week. The certainly fill a niche and are priced right.