PDA

View Full Version : German made Folder for EDC?

loupav
03-12-10, 10:09
I've been thinking about buying another folder for EDC, and was looking at a Emerson Mini CQC-7 partially serrated as I currently wear a CQC-8.

But I just couldn't help it wonder if there were any good German made folders that I should be considering.

Thanks,
Louis

xrayoneone
03-12-10, 20:01
Cherusker Messer has the Bram Frank Lapu Lapu Corto. I have one and I think it is awesome. However, it is made in China I think. Just proof that we are not the only ones moving manufacturing overseas. The workmanship on my LLC and the others I have seen is outstanding, so at least the Germans are doing quality control.

Puma used to make great knives but nowadays their fit and finish isn't what it used to be.

I also saw some Solingen marked knives at the last gunshow I went to but upon further inspection they were also "Hecho en Chino".

RAM Engineer
03-12-10, 21:08
Boker?

M4Fundi
03-13-10, 02:29
My first Auto was a German knife, a Hubertus Solingen. The cool thing about it was it was made with little or no Tactical thought, but as a hunting knife with stag handles, but it definitely isn't rugged enough to be a tactical knife, but alot of LEOs I knew carried them anyway.