PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Opinions On The Surefire M962 HELP

d90king
03-12-10, 16:54
Normally I don't start many threads because I can usually just read and learn, but I couldn't find much info on this light. I found a good buy on this package and was looking for some input from those in the know... At first glance it looks kinda big (which normally means heavy) and the battery life appears to be a weak link. On the plus side it appears to be a nice package at a great price. Thanks for your time in advance. It will be used on a LMT MRP and used for low light and training classes. I am currently using a X300.

motorolahamm
03-15-10, 11:39
Hey great light i use one myself, i have the milpack with all the filters etc. you can get a led conversion kit for this to increase batt life .only downside is if you need the IR capability led will not work there are other conversions for these aswell , just run a search on here also the m951 or m952 is the same light less batteries

m9 is the series the 5 or 6 stands 5=2 cell 6=3 cell and the 1 or 2 is what type of mount the light has 1=thumb screw mount 2=arms #17 throw lever mount

also go to www.surefire.com for there pricing and info also i think it is candlepowerforums.com has lots to

hope this helps

also here is a thread link with some info on conversions https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=47384

d90king
03-15-10, 14:24
Thank you very much for your thoughts. I have decided to just stick with a X300... I am more concerned with the size and weight going this route and I think I am better off using the KISS method here...

motorolahamm
03-15-10, 14:58
not a problem weight is some what comparable i have the su-233/pvs or m3x myself happy with both search ebay for m962 kit 01 there are some kits on there buy iy now for $289 incase you decide to go the otherway on the light