PDA

View Full Version : Storage and carrying of seals and bandages

CAP
03-12-10, 21:55
What is the best way to store and carry chest seals (Bolin, Halo), as well as large bandages - 4", 6".
The seals appear to large to carry in a small pouch without rolling them up or folding them, which doesn't seem possible with a Bolin seal.
I have a special built trauma kit, but recently added a couple of chest seals and large bandages to the supplies.
Thanks,

airwayguru
03-13-10, 19:22
You could try some MOLLE general purpose pouches that you can fit your essential gear without folding or rolling.

CAP
03-13-10, 19:52
Thanks airway.
I have some molle pouches. I guess part of my question was can the Halo seals be rolled, or do they have to stay flat? I know I can't roll the Bolin seal.

Possibly have the Halo in a wide U shape inside a pouch with stuff in between, but not allowing seal to get bent into a tight fold.

airwayguru
03-13-10, 22:16
Thanks airway.
I have some molle pouches. I guess part of my question was can the Halo seals be rolled, or do they have to stay flat? I know I can't roll the Bolin seal.

Possibly have the Halo in a wide U shape inside a pouch with stuff in between, but not allowing seal to get bent into a tight fold.

I would not because of the adhesive would seperate from the sterile liner and would be no good after a while. Laying it flat in the pouch is the best way to store it.

Danny Boy
03-14-10, 08:16
This pic of the Raid bag from the Tac Med website has their Halo seals all folded up at the bottom. I'm hoping/thinking they wouldn't post such an example if it made their product crap out on you.

http://tacmedsolutions.com/07/gallery/raid_m2_03.jpg

Mine are folded up in my bag. The best fitting seals for utility/aid pouches I've had so far were the Hyfins.

CAP
03-14-10, 08:35
I had seen that picture in another thread, but did not catch that there was a Halo seal there at the bottom. Good catch.
I will have to look into the Hyfins. I have not seen those.

Thanks,

mkmckinley
03-15-10, 09:58
I don't know what your application is bet the IFAC I make for my guys has two Bolins, among other things, unwrapped and vacuum sealed together. The advantage is that you can unwrap/prep everything (except hem control agents) and have them ready to go in the pouch. That way you just have to open one thing and all your supplies can then be used without a lot of fussing with packaging. I'ts a lot less bulky. I also make starter cuts in the loose edges of the vacuum pouch so you can open it with one hand and your mouth.

Doc_G
04-18-10, 18:57
Thigh rigs work pretty good; most have a big pocket where you can slide in chest seal's or flat pack gauze and things like that, hold a few bandages and goodies too.

I don't care for them, I'm kinda a big guy and find that in vehicles and stuff its uncomfortable for me, i prefer to just with TQ's and a few bandages and everything else in my pack..