PDA

View Full Version : MSA/Sordin Supreme Pro-X

sff70
03-12-10, 22:58
Have wanted a pair of these for about a year after trying a friend's Pro-X at a match, and realizing how inadequate my Pro-Ears Magnums were in comparison.

Finally was able to buy a set, from SRS Tactical.

They were in stock, and fast to ship - ordered on Wed afternoon, arrived in Fri's mail.

esskay
03-13-10, 16:55
You will be glad to know that MSA/Sordin also has outstanding customer service! I had an issue with a pair and they totally took care of me.

M4arc
03-13-10, 17:30
I've only used mine a few times during my morning-indoor trips so I haven't a great deal of experience with them yet but so far I'm extremely pleased. I bought the ear gels on the advice of many here and those are really nice!

Skang
03-13-10, 19:03
I've only used mine a few times during my morning-indoor trips so I haven't a great deal of experience with them yet but so far I'm extremely pleased. I bought the ear gels on the advice of many here and those are really nice!

i read many good reviews about them, however to me, when u go shooting indoor or outside with buddies, dont you wanna get better protection? their NNR is low and they are meant to be used with helmets.

so why spend so much money to buy those?

Ak44
03-13-10, 22:41
I like the fact that they are low profile and I can shoot them with my rifles and not have them bump into the stock. Another plus is that they are electronic and I can actually hear people talk. Granted yes there are better ear pro out there that offer more protection but it's a toss up between being able to hear people talk or more protection. Also I like the fact that it's water resistant...

sff70
03-14-10, 00:01
A high nrr means nothing when the plastic headband doesn't provide enough tension to maintain a secure seal. The Pro-X fits under my PASGT helmet, it's waterproof, batt life is great, the batts are avail everywhere, and the gel seals add to the comfort, nrr, and my Oakleys don't break the seal.
They also don't break the seal when shooting a long gun.
I've been using other earpro for 20 yrs and these are the best I've ever used.

I usually wear foamies in conjunction with muffs, so I'll have plenty of nrr regardless.

RyanS
03-19-10, 13:11
I broke down last week and purchased a set from SRS Tactical as well. Ordered Thursday night and at my door Saturday morning. Even got a phone call Friday morning from Robert to confirm some information because I screwed up on the order form. Aside from the great service, the Sordins are an awesome piece of kit. I purchased the Pro-X package with the gel ear seals and honestly haven't installed them as the standard padding has been extremely comfortable thus far.

Ga Shooter
03-19-10, 14:07
What we need is another M4C group buy!!!! Count me in if the price gets right.:D

Kuro Ookami
03-19-10, 16:03
I'd be down for that too, haha.

brian556
03-19-10, 21:47
Mine just came in this afternoon and haven't even broke into the packaging. Couldn't believe how fast they made it to my doorstep! Can't make it to the range tonight but will let you know how they work protecting my hearing from my screaming kids :)

Skang
03-25-10, 00:56
What we need is another M4C group buy!!!! Count me in if the price gets right.:D

lets do this!!!

I'am down:cool:

Agile53
03-27-10, 12:23
Had a pair of the Pro-Xs for a year + count me in w/ a group buy.

mpardun
03-27-10, 13:30
I'm in...

Evil Colt 6920
03-27-10, 14:42
I got my supreme pro's a couple months ago:D They are great at the range. I also use them for listening to my neighbors:p My neighbors wife "wears the pants" over there, my wife and I get a lot of laughs from listening to her chew her husbands ass. :p Thanks to MSA Sordins!!!

M4Fundi
03-28-10, 01:57
What is everyone's opinion the headband vs the neckband? Pros/Cons?

orionz06
03-28-10, 10:08

+1 for sure

Magsz
03-28-10, 17:32
What is everyone's opinion the headband vs the neckband? Pros/Cons?

Headband, without a doubt.

I think the neckbands/behind the head band were designed for guys wearing helmets that didnt want anything underneath the helmet bothering them.

Jay Cunningham
03-28-10, 18:43
If someone wants to do a group buy you need to approach me or SHIVAN first for authorization. We don't do willy-nilly suggestions of group buys here.

TwoSqueeze
03-28-10, 22:21
I have never done a group buy before but would definately be in if yall approved one Katar.

-TS

M4Fundi
03-29-10, 00:22
Headband, without a doubt.

I think the neckbands/behind the head band were designed for guys wearing helmets that didnt want anything underneath the helmet bothering them.

Have you worn the neckband? i thought the neckband had some other advantage?

Skang
03-29-10, 00:55
I have never done a group buy before but would definately be in if yall approved one Katar.

-TS

me too, never done group buy thing.

but willing to try:cool:

Ga Shooter
04-01-10, 15:42
My comment was just a suggstion as I have never done one. I have seen the great savings on here though. Propper procedure should be followed by whoever is able to do it.

Agile53
04-11-10, 22:09
Still would like to pick up a 2nd pair of the Pro-Xs & more than willing to give someone w/ experience a hand w/ a group buy.