PDA

View Full Version : Any info Glock 31 with mounted light

tip2oo3
03-13-10, 08:34
Looking for any info or first hand experience with the gen3 glock 31 chambered in .357sig with a mounted weapon light. I currently own a glock 22 with a blackhawk xiphos weaponlight that I carry on duty. My original intentions was to buy a g31 but they were out of stock at the time. I was going to drop a g31 barrel in my g22 and call it a day. After reading all the reports of the g22 problems with weaponlights it might be another incentive to buy the g31 barrel. Also has anyone ever encountered any problems dropping the g31 barrel in the g22? And just to clear the air .357 is the cartridge a majority of the officer's in my agency use. And please don't turn this into a "just dump it and buy a g17" thread.

SWATcop556
03-13-10, 11:27
When I first started at my old agency we were allowed to carry from an approved list but when a new administration took over we went to an issued weapon. The one they decided on was the G31 and I ran mine with the X200B and then the X300.

The problems the G22 has are not as common in the G31 but there can still be issues. Be sure to stay on top of your spring maintenance (recoil and mags) and make sure you run the newest mag follower and you should be fine. I carried on for 5 years and when properly maintained, I had no issues carrying it.

I was glad the dept. provided the ammo for it. 357 was not cheap around here.

tip2oo3
03-13-10, 12:48
Thanks for the input.