PDA

View Full Version : Danner Socks

C45P312
03-13-10, 17:21
So a friend of a friend gave me a 40% off card to use with Danner. Don't really want any boots so I thought socks would be a good choice.

Anyone have any experience with their socks that could possibly point me in the right direction? I would like them to be light to medium weight and crew style. It's for everyday wear, along with work (military shooting range), and the occasional pistol/carbine/precision class.

Reddevil
03-13-10, 19:02
They threw in 7 pairs when I exchanged my Acadias for the Telson side zip. Great socks and they are exactly what you describe. Don't know the name of them. They're blue with Danner logo.

C45P312
03-15-10, 21:16
They threw in 7 pairs when I exchanged my Acadias for the Telson side zip. Great socks and they are exactly what you describe. Don't know the name of them. They're blue with Danner logo.

I'll try and local that set. Anyone else?

OldGreg
03-15-10, 22:19
I have a pair of heavyweight Danner Pronghorn socks, and they were my favorite 'big sock' of the winter season (liked 'em so much i threw away 3 pairs of heavyweight Cabela's socks). I don't think you could go wrong with any of the lighter ones your looking at.

http://images.schnees.com/pop/DNR-118_Dark-Brown.jpg

M4Fundi
03-16-10, 01:25
I bought a pair of Danners at a Danner Day in Bozo and the rep gave me a bunch of sox. All of them have proven to be OK, but inferior to Smartwools IMHO. They just seem to lose their softness/springiness more quickly than Smartwools and then are not as comfortable and functional as when you first get them.

Maybe my feet are just more Toxic to Danner materials:p

piggly_wiggly
03-16-10, 22:46
Danner merino socks have worked great in my experience, as have Smartwool and REI merino socks. They keep my feet dry, and cut down on the funk. I've had pretty poor experiences with other merino brands like Darn Tough or Fox River- not trying to hate- just saying what has and hasn't worked for my feet.

M4Fundi
03-17-10, 02:15
I was hoping Darn Tuff were contenders, just a bought a pair.

Boss Hogg
03-17-10, 12:04
Danner had a thing at SHOT in 2007 or 2008 where you could get a free pair by donating to Wounded Warrior (or similar). Mine have been going strong. Great socks.