PDA

View Full Version : Future of the 6.8SPC?

Shihan
04-20-07, 03:09
What do you guys think im debating buying one?

Stephen_H
04-20-07, 07:53
Solid. Buy with confidence.

Every major AR manufacturer makes uppers and complete weapons for it and there are three large ammo manufacturers making a total of about 10 different loads for it. It's not going anywhere and rumors prevail that a large federal agency is on the verge of adopting it for use. It's already seeing limited, but widespread use amongst our SOF soldiers.

Stephen

Spooky130
04-20-07, 17:16
My neighbor, who is a Border Patrol agent, was talking about the 6.8 the other day and he's not a big gun guy. He had forgotten that we had shot my 6.8 a couple weeks earlier. I guess at least the BP is looking at it...

Spooky

FlyingHunter
04-21-07, 19:33
Ditto the above post by Stephen ATS...well said. I agree and would add that many people who primarily complained about ammo price and availability have no more leverage. I walked into my local gun store and bought 6.8 for less than comparable .243 loads. It's available and nearly the same price as regular ammo. Granted, there are no mil. surplus options as with .223. Its a great blend of low recoil and upgraded power in an M4 package.

RyanB
04-21-07, 22:08
Last I heard cops were starting to kill people with it and those that have, like how it worked.