PDA

View Full Version : BWA compensator (.. I hadn't heard of it either..)

WillardCW4
03-15-10, 12:05
I'm still in a hunt for a decent comp with some flash hiding capabilities. I've pretty much narrowed my focus on the FSC556, Rainer XTC, and the VC-1.

I ran across this other compensator from a local store, Black Weapons Armory, in AZ. Here is the link:

http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/magento/bwa-ar15-featured-products/bwa-manufacturing-x-comp-ar-15-tactical-compensator.html

I'm hoping someone on here has had experience with this comp and can provide some type of comparison with more widely used comps... but since that is unlikely, can someone provide some input as to, based on the style and design, how well it might compare with comps in its price range (I don't know enough to make an educated analysis).

Thanks!

P.S. - I asked if I could take one shooting to test it's performance since they say it is incredible (I know right??) and I haven't found anyone that has used one... they didn't like that question ( = they said no.)

lethal dose
03-15-10, 12:34
yeah... i am debating between the pws and the surefire... not sure yet.

Abraxas
03-15-10, 13:08
I dont know how effective it is but I do know how effective the PWS FSC556 is. Based on that I would probably go with the PWS first and try the other on the next one. But that is just me

WillardCW4
03-15-10, 13:18
I dont know how effective it is but I do know how effective the PWS FSC556 is. Based on that I would probably go with the PWS first and try the other on the next one. But that is just me

That is actually what I was thinking, but then I decided to wait for some more reviews on the Rainer Arms XTC since the few videos I've seen have been really promising (plus its a bit cheaper than the PWS)...

But I figure I might as well ask about the BWA just in case anyone can throw in some info :)

mpom
03-15-10, 14:34
In another thread in the General Discussions, Rob s is planning on comparing the FSC, AAC Brakeout and another combo brake/FH.
Don't know what your time frame is , but I would keep an eye on his postings.

Mark

lethal dose
03-15-10, 15:13
Thanks, guys! Will keep an eye out for Mr. S's write up.

87GN
03-16-10, 00:33
The owner of BWA was trashing the FSC556 and talking up the X Comp with a shill account on Arfcom.

The shill account contained part of his real name.

...not really that smart...

cz7
03-24-10, 00:41
I'm still in a hunt for a decent comp with some flash hiding capabilities. I've pretty much narrowed my focus on the FSC556, Rainer XTC, and the VC-1.

I ran across this other compensator from a local store, Black Weapons Armory, in AZ. Here is the link:

http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/magento/bwa-ar15-featured-products/bwa-manufacturing-x-comp-ar-15-tactical-compensator.html

I'm hoping someone on here has had experience with this comp and can provide some type of comparison with more widely used comps... but since that is unlikely, can someone provide some input as to, based on the style and design, how well it might compare with comps in its price range (I don't know enough to make an educated analysis).

Thanks!

P.S. - I asked if I could take one shooting to test it's performance since they say it is incredible (I know right??) and I haven't found anyone that has used one... they didn't like that question ( = they said no.)

i have shot a 20'' barrel with that thing on it ! back blast in the eyes and around -talk about a mini-sand storm at the shooting bench -its worst then an a1 in prone over ft.benning sand bars on the ranges !!!

WillardCW4
03-24-10, 00:43
i have shot a 20'' barrel with that thing on it ! back blast in the eyes and around -talk about a mini-sand storm at the shooting bench -its worst then an a1 in prone over ft.benning sand bars on the ranges !!!

thanks! I'm glad to get some feedback from someone that has used it... =D

99HMC4
03-24-10, 00:45

How bad could it be with a 5.56? Really? I used to shoot my 50 BMG prone on the sand with no mat, that wasnt even that bad......