PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield's Gunsmiffin Glock 19

GermanSynergy
03-15-10, 17:44
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/steyraug21/glock19c.jpg

Here are a few pics of my Glock 19 after Hatfield's Gunsmiffin got through with it. Turnaround time was 24 hours!

I had stippling done, fingergrooves removed and the slide duracoated tan. It's sitting in the safe curing, and will probably take it to the NRA Range on Friday.

GermanSynergy
03-15-10, 17:53
Here's another...

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/steyraug21/glock19f.jpg

13MPG
03-15-10, 18:56
How does it feel without the finger grooves? Is it about the same as a gen2 or a bit more slim?

Also a bit off topic but how would Glock handle a warranty claim after work like this has been done to it? I had a Gen2 that had a small hairline crack on the mag well and they just switched it out.

1911sforever
03-15-10, 20:30
They're going to get my M&P tomorrow. I'm going to have them mill the slide to fit my Trijicon RMR, undercut the triggerguard a little and maybe a few other tweaks.

Vinh
03-15-10, 20:48
1911sforever,

Please post results when you get your gun back. Very interested in how the RMR sits on the slide.

1911sforever
03-15-10, 21:15
Will do. I was playing around with it a bit tonight...I see the potential, particularly for distance shooting.

As someone else mentioned in an earlier thread, Kellly McCann did this on his G19 in 2002 with a Doc Optic. I took a class with him then (paying good money to have him beat the snot out of me), but I never had a chance to try that combination. The reason he went to that system was because of failing close range vision. Eight years have given me some unfortunate perspective on that issue :p

GermanSynergy
03-15-10, 21:34
How does it feel without the finger grooves? Is it about the same as a gen2 or a bit more slim?

Also a bit off topic but how would Glock handle a warranty claim after work like this has been done to it? I had a Gen2 that had a small hairline crack on the mag well and they just switched it out.

I like it alot w/o the finger grooves. It feels similar to GEN II, but with much better purchase on the grip due to the stippling. Not sure how Glock would handle any warranty work, but I'm sure I'm SOL in that regard. I can replace the internals myself, and have done so for regular maintenance.

GermanSynergy
03-15-10, 21:35
Will do. I was playing around with it a bit tonight...I see the potential, particularly for distance shooting.

As someone else mentioned in an earlier thread, Kellly McCann did this on his G19 in 2002 with a Doc Optic. I took a class with him then (paying good money to have him beat the snot out of me), but I never had a chance to try that combination. The reason he went to that system was because of failing close range vision. Eight years have given me some unfortunate perspective on that issue :p

You'll have to let me give that thing a whirl next time we're in Culpeper.

Brother Rat
03-16-10, 07:41
If you're coming out to the class this weekend you're more than welcome to try mine out.

ETA: Is Hatfield local?

javentre
03-16-10, 08:01
Hatfield is down the road from VA Arms.

As a FWIW: If you undercut the trigger guard, you could raise your grip enough that the finger grooves won't fit right.

BigDog
03-16-10, 14:51
If you're coming out to the class this weekend you're more than welcome to try mine out.

ETA: Is Hatfield local?

Sam's shop is on Route 28 in Old Town Manassas, right next to the Old Town Inn. He's done a good bit of work for me, and is currently building me a CCO-style 1911.

http://www.hatfieldsgunsmithing.com/

civilian
03-16-10, 15:04
I'm a frequent customer. Those fellas do good work!

http://www.pbase.com/ashinoyu/image/111163822/large.jpg

Brother Rat
03-17-10, 12:10
I'm going to be at CCJA this weekend taking Sully's AR15 Armorers class. Hatfield's is in Manassas, and they do great work. They even have a totally green shotgun with the John Deere logo on it :)

Nice, I hear that's a good course, enjoy it!
And I've seen pics of the John Deere shotgun, that's pretty awesome.

Maybe I'll have to stop in next time I'm in town.

civilian, nice pile o' heat you got there... is that a pic rail added to the one on the top left?

JBecker 72
03-17-10, 12:19
whats a stippling job cost on a 19?
I want to keep the finger grooves tho.

They are literally 5 minutes from me, but Im too lazy to call :p

GermanSynergy
03-17-10, 12:27
whats a stippling job cost on a 19?
I want to keep the finger grooves tho.

They are literally 5 minutes from me, but Im too lazy to call :p

It cost me $150 for the stippling and finger groove removal.

civilian
03-17-10, 12:43
G21 SF with the factory pic rail option instead of the regular glock rail. Big mistake on my part buying it with that fricking rail as I have yet to find a holster that works with the gd thing. I'm not even sure Glock sells the pic rail models any more.

Nice, I hear that's a good course, enjoy it!
And I've seen pics of the John Deere shotgun, that's pretty awesome.

Maybe I'll have to stop in next time I'm in town.

civilian, nice pile o' heat you got there... is that a pic rail added to the one on the top left?

JBecker 72
03-17-10, 12:59
It cost me $150 for the stippling and finger groove removal.

a bit more than I was looking to spend, but the work does look very nice.
thanks for the info, Ill definitely keep them in mind.