PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck - Jumped the Shark?

Business_Casual
03-16-10, 17:00
I was just watching Beck and I was shocked by how familiar everything is. I started to think he was re-running the show, but it was fresh. I think he has a schedule for scare stories - and rotates them or something.

I was a serious fan, but I can't take 100% doom and gloom 100% of the time. The dude needs to back off a little and have something good. It wouldn't hurt to have some guests that are easy on the eyes too.

What's the general reaction to Beck after a year of "the sky is falling" everyday?

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily disagree with him, I'm just burned out on bad news.

M_P

Donbeeler49
03-16-10, 17:29
It's hard to bring "feel good" stories to the forefront when you have an administration and Nazi Pelosi and Harry Reid attempting every single day to destroy of Republic. Better to be informed than have your head in the sand IMHO.:mad:

Zhurdan
03-16-10, 17:32
Being he's running more of an "entertainment" show than anything resembling news, he is what he is... a megahorn in a library. Eventually you either tell him to shut up, or you leave the library.

I like some of the stuff he puts out there, but I can only take listening to him every other third day or so because of precisely what you pointed out. He's over the top, he points out things that are fairly obvious to anyone who isn't a main stream media zombie, but he does it with pizazz. Most of the time, it really looks like either he or his writers are stretching to make a point simply so other media outlets will respond. He knows what he's doing as far as generating buzz about his show, leading to better ratings and more ad revenue. Both he and Bill O'rielly are cash cows for Fox. Bill's the same way now, you can pretty much say the words before they come out of his mouth. On a positive note, Bill does tend to put the eye candy out there. That Tanya Reiman, Megyn Kelly, Marth MacCallum, Kirsten Powers and Monica Crowley make watching his show more bearable than Becks.

I've read most of Becks books, re-read them from time to time, and perhaps that's why he's becoming "old hat" to me.

John_Wayne777
03-16-10, 17:50
Beck is not Buckley. Beck does have some excellent points, but he's not capable of being the driving intellectual force behind a conservative resurgence. Careful examination of how our society currently functions is enough to drive any sane man to the brink, but that does not mean we should appear to be on the brink at all times.

Business_Casual
03-16-10, 17:55
Marth MacCallum

What? I was distracted for a moment... :D

M_P

LockenLoad
03-16-10, 17:59
I was just watching Beck and I was shocked by how familiar everything is. I started to think he was re-running the show, but it was fresh. I think he has a schedule for scare stories - and rotates them or something.

I was a serious fan, but I can't take 100% doom and gloom 100% of the time. The dude needs to back off a little and have something good. It wouldn't hurt to have some guests that are easy on the eyes too.

What's the general reaction to Beck after a year of "the sky is falling" everyday?

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily disagree with him, I'm just burned out on bad news.

M_P

I am sorry to say I have disengaged, from watching and reading most news just because I can not take all the doom and gloom

Abraxas
03-16-10, 18:08

M_P

He used to be a lot funnier. I still like him but sometimes I get saturated. But then again the gov is also saturated with douche bags

perna
03-16-10, 18:24
He should go back to this format.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJkxBLgd5Hs

orionz06
03-16-10, 18:29
He used to be better, I feel, but I cant stand him lately, and even going back 6 months. The times I watched or listened, it felt like he was getting too religious for me.

Palmguy
03-16-10, 18:50

M_P

Well for starters "Glenny Downer" has been around for more than a year...more like 3 years.

His hour special tonight (The Future of History) should be pretty upbeat, I think.

I'm a fan, have been for the last decade...but I don't watch his TV show. Radio is where he shines if you ask me. Especially since bringing Pat on board full time.

Belmont31R
03-16-10, 18:53
I can understand people don't like is style. Some forms of comedy leave me wanting to scratch my eyeballs out but I love South Park. Everyone has a style they can hear, and relate to.

I generally like Beck a lot. I can't think of anyone else saying the things he does. I do think he has focused quite a bit on DC in the last few months, and Id like him to cover more topics than just DC. I like the series he did when he was on CNN about the Sheriffs here in TX battling the Mexicans along the border, he did a series on Beslan, etc. I generally catch 3 shows a week on average...he has focused in on a singular subject, and has forgotten the rest.

As far as the constant doom and gloom people can stick their heads in the sand, and feel good about themselves while forgetting about reality. Its not going to make the problem go away. As a nation we are on a brink we have never faced before. Our debt is skyrocketing out of this world, we have a president hell bent on instituting some laws that will forever impact all of us in very dangerous ways, we still face islamic terrorism, the economy is in shambles, etc. I think now, more than ever, American's do need to educate themselves, and get involved in politics. For a long time now we have been in a trance like worker bee's just going about our lives. If we keep doing this we are going to awake to a very different world than we remember. There is so much happening no one person can keep track of everything. Our own collective sticking our heads in the sand has led to the worst moments in our history, and we are pretty much doing it right now even with everything going on. This is a human condition that led to not only the worst moments in American history but world history as well.

mr_smiles
03-16-10, 18:54
Glen Beck is a douche, he's right there with o'reilly and olbermann. He's fighting for the little man while pulling in 10's millions. He's the right's Michael Moore.

Business_Casual
03-16-10, 19:42
Well for starters "Glenny Downer" has been around for more than a year...more like 3 years.

His hour special tonight (The Future of History) should be pretty upbeat, I think.

I'm a fan, have been for the last decade...but I don't watch his TV show. Radio is where he shines if you ask me. Especially since bringing Pat on board full time.

I was referring to the year he has been on Fox.

M_P

252actual
03-16-10, 19:47
not to start an argument as this is just my opinion but i cannot stand Beck. he physically makes me ill when i listen to him. not only because he is a corporate media shill but because he is a whiney sniveling little bitch that no real man should ever look up too. any guy who can fake cry on demand and does it in order to rope people into his emotional topic should be watched very carefully. there are many things he talks about that i can get on board with but damned if he isnt a sniveling pansy...

just my 2 cents.

03-16-10, 19:52
Martha MacCallum is sooo cute! I'd like to see her naked. In my bedroom. Twice. Then Megyn Kelly.

Safetyhit
03-16-10, 19:55
not to start an argument as this is just my opinion but i cannot stand Beck. he physically makes me ill when i listen to him. not only because he is a corporate media shill but because he is a whiney sniveling little bitch that no real man should ever look up too. any guy who can fake cry on demand and does it in order to rope people into his emotional topic should be watched very carefully. there are many things he talks about that i can get on board with but damned if he isnt a sniveling pansy...

just my 2 cents.

There is no doubt that while very effective in relaying ideas to the masses, most of which I completely agree with, he sometimes slips emotionally a bit. But is he disingenuous because he has cried on air? I don't see it.

I do however see a genuinely, deeply frustrated man believing that the foundation of our stellar country is being eroded daily by the current administration. Might you care to debate that?

Should he be scrutinized and perhaps watched to an extent? Yes, but overall I see no evil in him whatsoever.

252actual
03-16-10, 20:03
i was mainly referring to the video where is is crying on demand for take after take in order to get a photo shoot. he is laughing about how good he is at it and then they use some sort of shit under his eyes to make it more real... all for a photo op. (to clarify... all for a photo shoot with a woman who he had just berated saying she was a liberal terrorist that hates children or something to that effect.)

also he may act like he is for the people but when he talks all about the bankers taking our money but his answer is to have a value added tax in order to pay our debt... our debt? he just said they robbed us... i dont trust him one bit. and thats my right. :)

BiggLee71
03-16-10, 20:05
Like most of you guys, I like Becks message but I am a little burned out with the doom and gloom. We all know its there, no need to keep beating a dead horse. We know there is a problem. Now what is the solution?

Palmguy
03-16-10, 20:06

just my 2 cents.

Then try to state your opinion minus the ad hominem attacks on people here who happen to have different opinions than yourself.

I was referring to the year he has been on Fox.

M_P

Understood.

252actual
03-16-10, 20:12
haha funny how people who find their identity in some media personality always get offended when others criticize them. i just dont like the guy i think he is a complete tool. last time i checked we still have a first amendment and i can say what i want about him.

now im a constitutionalist. im all about the constitution and small government and conservative values and i like most people here think the current regime is taking us into dark waters... but i also see that they are simply carrying on the forward momentum of the last regime and so on and so on. so forgive me when i say i dislike a man who works for Rupert Murdoc of all people who made a video laughing at his conservative audience because they are ignorant of the fact that he purposely slips liberal/communist propaganda into the shows on his network... like i said i dont trust em.

Palmguy
03-16-10, 20:19
haha funny how people who find their identity in some media personality always get offended when others criticize them. i just dont like the guy i think he is a complete tool. last time i checked we still have a first amendment and i can say what i want about him.

Re-read what I wrote. I don't give a damn what you say about him but there is no need to indict the manhood of those who don't share your opinion.

armakraut
03-16-10, 20:23
The Radio show is an absolute riot.

He needs to get Pat on his TV show, that would lighten things up a bit.

Dragon Slayer
03-16-10, 20:23
Glen beck is a typical libertarian, although some of his message is true the rest of it is nothing but doom and gloom, black helicopters hovering, tin foil crap. If you listen to him once or twice you have heard it all BUT!!!!!!!!!! he is on our side and he is not perfect BUT!!!!!!!!! he is on our side so don't put him down too hard, I rather listen to him and Hannity and Rush and O'Reily, then the douche bags on PMSNBC.:D

252actual
03-16-10, 20:30
Re-read what I wrote. I don't give a damn what you say about him but there is no need to indict the manhood of those who don't share your opinion.

all im saying is if i someone is a sniveling whiner that works for a corporate media mega man that makes fun of his own viewers, people who look up to him might want to pay close attention to what he does so they dont end up getting labeled or end up getting betrayed.

JHC
03-16-10, 20:31
The Radio show is an absolute riot.

He needs to get Pat on his TV show, that would lighten things up a bit.

OMG yes!!! It's amazing how funny he can be. I almost wrecked due to his impression of Arlen Specter! He has got that one down!

JHC
03-16-10, 20:32
Beck is not Buckley. Beck does have some excellent points, but he's not capable of being the driving intellectual force behind a conservative resurgence. Careful examination of how our society currently functions is enough to drive any sane man to the brink, but that does not mean we should appear to be on the brink at all times.

PERFECT! [re TV show]

LHS
03-16-10, 20:39

That's probably the best phrasing of my opinion of Beck. The guy has some salient points, but he just isn't capable of debating rationally. He and Rush and O'Reilly are the right's version of Olbermann, Moore and Huffington. To an extent, they're all just shrilly screeching to whip up a furor and make some bucks.

We've built up a fairly complex and integrated system over the past century of government. We can't just scrap it and go back to 'founding principles' overnight. It'd wreck the economy, the government, and our society. We need to return to those principles incrementally, just the way strayed from them. Gradual change maintains the social, economic and political stability we need to keep things running in the short-term, while changing things for the better for our children and grandchildren. I don't want to see mass riots in US streets like we're some third-world hellhole. I want to see rational people realizing that they have to change the system from within and get off their butts to do it. Run for local office. Educate your neighbors. Become active in our political system. It's still the best in the world, but we need to drive it for a change instead of sitting back and assuming someone else will.

rickrock305
03-16-10, 20:45
That's probably the best phrasing of my opinion of Beck. The guy has some salient points, but he just isn't capable of debating rationally. He and Rush and O'Reilly are the right's version of Olbermann, Moore and Huffington. To an extent, they're all just shrilly screeching to whip up a furor and make some bucks.

yep, agreed. Beck takes it a step further...I mean really, using twinkies and frogs and random Chinese Mao look a likes? its just silly.

DragonDoc
03-16-10, 20:52
The doom and gloom does get tiring after a while. I can handle watching him for short spurts at 0200 when I am making my rounds but otherwise he gets tiring pretty fast. When he has a new topic or subject to address he is refreshing though.

toasterlocker
03-16-10, 20:59
Glenn Beck is just like any other pundit: he makes a good point now and then, but usually he is just ranting about something stupid or obvious and really needs to just shut the hell up. How anyone can listen these rants is beyond me.

Gotta love the Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/victim_in_fatal_car_accident

Palmguy
03-16-10, 21:04

We've built up a fairly complex and integrated system over the past century of government. We can't just scrap it and go back to 'founding principles' overnight. It'd wreck the economy, the government, and our society. We need to return to those principles incrementally, just the way strayed from them. Gradual change maintains the social, economic and political stability we need to keep things running in the short-term, while changing things for the better for our children and grandchildren. I don't want to see mass riots in US streets like we're some third-world hellhole. I want to see rational people realizing that they have to change the system from within and get off their butts to do it. Run for local office. Educate your neighbors. Become active in our political system. It's still the best in the world, but we need to drive it for a change instead of sitting back and assuming someone else will.

Interesting post, as the second paragraph is pretty damn close to what I've been hearing Glenn Beck say over the past 3-6 months.

Cerberus
03-16-10, 21:06
Glen beck is a typical libertarian, although some of his message is true the rest of it is nothing but doom and gloom, black helicopters hovering, tin foil crap.

I am a typical libertarian as well, and I've not met many real libertarians that pay much mind to the "tin foil crap" in the least. We have a way of saying exactly what is wrong and even how it can be fixed much to the chagrin of both conservatives and liberals.

Dragon Slayer
03-16-10, 21:09
Glenn Beck is just like any other pundit: he makes a good point now and then, but usually he is just ranting about something stupid or obvious and really needs to just shut the hell up. How anyone can listen these rants is beyond me.

Gotta love the Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/victim_in_fatal_car_accident

It might be obvious to you but if we start shutting up people on our side I am sure we are going to please the libtards, if you do not want to listen don't but do not ask our side to shut up.:rolleyes:

Do not forget even if some of us have heard the same message again and again there is someone new that has heard it for the first time, man we are our own worst enemy.:rolleyes:

m4fun
03-16-10, 21:44
Beck is great - but I can only take him in small doses - wife is adictied.

Honestly, then message he is spreading is necessary - somebody has to say it. The more people he can reach the better.

geminidglocker
03-16-10, 21:45
I like Glenn and all, but you are right about him sounding like a broken record as of late. I voted broken record. I wish he'd dig up some new material.

BiggLee71
03-16-10, 22:32
C'mon guys, I know you guys are "secret" Air America listeners!!:D Oh wait, they dont exist anymore cause nobody gave a rats ass about what they had to say!!

Irish
03-16-10, 23:01
Glen beck is a typical libertarian, although some of his message is true the rest of it is nothing but doom and gloom, black helicopters hovering, tin foil crap.

Please define what a "typical libertarian" is. I'm curious to know what your thoughts are and how you came to your conclusions. Do you know many libertarians? Are you around them often and exposed to their ideals? Do you debate libertarians on topics that you would define as being very important to our nation and disagree with them? Just curious...

Honu
03-17-10, 00:19
also remember he has to repeat it some for new audiences ?

did you ever tell a story more than once ? most have with a new crowd

sadly many people need to hear things at least 3x :) otherwise they say WHAT ???

so yes he gets repetitive but I think he hits home some points and brings things up that I bet many did not know about with his researchers

I think his paid site ? I wont join could be free :) but he is a capitalist so more power to him

and I would rather have him than the lefties at msnbc etc.c.

MarshallDodge
03-17-10, 10:16
I like Beck, Savage, Ingram, Limbaugh, etc. in small doses.

The problem with most of these guys(and gals) is that they focus too hard on what is wrong with this country rather than how to fix it.

Jerm
03-17-10, 12:58
Beck is not a libertarian!

He's simply a religious conservative who's pissed off at the Republicans.

He talks a good libertarian game when it comes to philosophy and principle...

Where exactly are his libertarian stances on specific issues?I'm having a hard time thinking of any.

If you want to see a real libertarian watch Stossel,read Reason Magazine,...

The Judge is far more of a libertarian than Beck.

10MMGary
03-17-10, 13:12
Glen Beck is a douche, he's right there with o'reilly and olbermann. He's fighting for the little man while pulling in 10's millions. He's the right's Michael Moore.

So when did making money become bad in this country? Do you work for the pay czar? And by comparing Beck with Moore you have showed your ignorance.

1911pro
03-17-10, 13:21
I like Glenn Beck better than anyone on Fox right now. He tells it how it is. Same stories because we have the same idiots in the white house for another 3 years who keep playing the same socialist game. History repeats itself and so does Beck. The sky is falling even if you are tired of hearing it. Turn off the T.V once in a while and listen to some of your favorite music( just do not do it to loud because you want to hear them when they come for you and your guns). Am I really joking?

Abraxas
03-17-10, 13:24

There are fair criticisms of Beck, but his earning power is not one of them.

10MMGary
03-17-10, 13:25
Could you please post a link to this situation you refer to, real men don't make allegations without proof to back it up. And please don't post a link to the Huffington shithole or media blathers.

i was mainly referring to the video where is is crying on demand for take after take in order to get a photo shoot. he is laughing about how good he is at it and then they use some sort of shit under his eyes to make it more real... all for a photo op. (to clarify... all for a photo shoot with a woman who he had just berated saying she was a liberal terrorist that hates children or something to that effect.)

also he may act like he is for the people but when he talks all about the bankers taking our money but his answer is to have a value added tax in order to pay our debt... our debt? he just said they robbed us... i dont trust him one bit. and thats my right. :)

Abraxas
03-17-10, 13:25
The two best on radio is Beck an Boortz.

Cerberus
03-17-10, 15:41
If you want to see a real libertarian watch Stossel,read Reason Magazine,...

Check and check.

252actual
03-17-10, 16:46
real men don't make allegations without proof to back it up. And please don't post a link to the Huffington shithole or media blathers.

haha, that sure sounds like an allegation to me, could you please post a link with the proof to back up your statement?

come on man... theres a thing called a search engine type in "glenn beck and nanci peloci agree on value added tax" im sure you can figure that out.

and why is it people think that simply because i find glenn beck to be a complete tool im somehow a raging libtard with an agenda?

do i not have the right to be skeptical of all self proclaimed leaders? at what point did it become "anti american" to be a skeptic?

and here ill just post the very first thing that comes up on the search engine for me. http://gawker.com/5292861/why-are-republicans-still-letting-jill-greenberg-take-their-pictures

10MMGary
03-17-10, 18:19
252 I should have been more clear,

this is the allegation I would like proof of. As to the real men statement it was in jest directed towards your first post (#14)in this thread. I never assumed you were a raging libtard with an agenda or are anything else derogatory, let alone anti American.

Abraxas
03-17-10, 19:38
"glenn beck and nanci peloci agree on value added tax"

That is a scary thought. One of my complaints of Beck is that he does not support the fair tax.

Bulldog1967
03-17-10, 21:19
Did he cry today?

mr_smiles
03-17-10, 21:35
252 I should have been more clear,

this is the allegation I would like proof of. As to the real men statement it was in jest directed towards your first post (#14)in this thread. I never assumed you were a raging libtard with an agenda or are anything else derogatory, let alone anti American.

This video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4I2f0ZO6g

Glen Beck was a wanna be shock jock on the radio in the 90's. Hell the man made fun of a colleagues wife's miscarriage. I have no respect for the clown. And can't believe people don't see him for the fake he is.

Zhurdan
03-17-10, 23:28

Glen Beck was a wanna be shock jock on the radio in the 90's. Hell the man made fun of a colleagues wife's miscarriage. I have no respect for the clown. And can't believe people don't see him for the fake he is.

Ummm not to defend Beck, but you used the terms "shock jock" and "no respect" in the same paragraph, when they shouldn't be used in the same zip code. Shock jocks get paid based on their notoriety, which is based on how much buzz they can generate. Big "shock" that they'd talk about something controversial to up ratings. Hey, wait a minute... isn't that pretty much what he does now? (sans miscarriage jokes of course).

Not to mention, this particular video was shot for GQ magazine.
A la ....http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1tSl-uIA4O4/SwdW3m8vt_I/AAAAAAAAB7g/gHWsBzzn_4Q/s1600/glenn-beck.jpg

Wow.. it's amazing how things can get peoples goats when they're taken out of context. (kinda like shock jocks ehhh?)

Google is an amazing thing...

252actual
03-17-10, 23:46
my point was that glenn shit talked this photographer to no end when she did the shoot with children and with McCain. he called her all kinds of shit... and then just sits down all happy to have his photo taken by her... :rolleyes:

mr_smiles
03-18-10, 00:46
Ummm not to defend Beck, but you used the terms "shock jock" and "no respect" in the same paragraph, when they shouldn't be used in the same zip code. Shock jocks get paid based on their notoriety, which is based on how much buzz they can generate. Big "shock" that they'd talk about something controversial to up ratings. Hey, wait a minute... isn't that pretty much what he does now? (sans miscarriage jokes of course).

Not to mention, this particular video was shot for GQ magazine.
A la ....http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1tSl-uIA4O4/SwdW3m8vt_I/AAAAAAAAB7g/gHWsBzzn_4Q/s1600/glenn-beck.jpg

Wow.. it's amazing how things can get peoples goats when they're taken out of context. (kinda like shock jocks ehhh?)

Google is an amazing thing...

I knew what the photo was for, but by doing it he's making it clear that it's his gimmick and he uses as such. It's theater on a news channel and he's the star.

10MMGary
03-19-10, 23:35

Another failed allegation, like it is clearly shon this was for a photo shoot.

Yes Glen used to be a "shock jock" sorta and he also used to be a drinking alcoholic, now he is neither. Thankfully he points out truths on a regular basis and drives home points to the masses that need it driven home. You can continue to call him names and make unsubstantiated claims that is your right to an extent, but I hope he keeps on taking care of business and preaching it as long as it takes.

BTW he obviously is doing something right as both his shows numbers are sky high.

252actual
03-20-10, 02:39
i think my point was missed. i know its a photo shoot that much is obvious. even though his fake crying and his blubbering on his show all seem fake to me..

the point is that he berated that photographer because of the work she did making children cry by taking candy away from them and because of her political standings and what she did with the mccain photo. he basically tore her a new one. but as soon as he has an opportunity to get his picture taken he is all buddy buddy with her. same thing with ron paul. he talked mad shit about ron paul and then when ron gets popular he gets him on the show. its the 2 faced shit that bugs me.

personally if i dont like someone i dont like them. im not going to be best buds with them if it suits me...

mr_smiles
03-20-10, 02:53
So when did making money become bad in this country? Do you work for the pay czar? And by comparing Beck with Moore you have showed your ignorance.

I've heard Glen Beck cry poor mouth more than on hist radio show so that's why I bring up his pay, and the guy is a Michael Moore, he makes shit up and then he tries to encourage loonies to do shit, always talking about violent revolution. I listen to the guy's radio program because he happens to be on the channel I like.

He's a jack ass who has absolutely zero care for traditional values and does a song and dance to get ratings. How many times can you mention God in a show? It starts to lose any value when you abuse it as he does, It's amazing how when he finds a niche he goes right after it and exploits it.

mr_smiles
03-20-10, 03:31
Another failed allegation, like it is clearly shon this was for a photo shoot.

Yes Glen used to be a "shock jock" sorta and he also used to be a drinking alcoholic, now he is neither. Thankfully he points out truths on a regular basis and drives home points to the masses that need it driven home. You can continue to call him names and make unsubstantiated claims that is your right to an extent, but I hope he keeps on taking care of business and preaching it as long as it takes.

BTW he obviously is doing something right as both his shows numbers are sky high.
The man speaks of armed revolution all the damn time, he's a shock jock but with a new audience.

The best part is he brings up any bs opinion he can to discuss the idea of war in the country and than claims he wishes it never happens and fears it... BS he would love for it to happen because in his sick little mind his ratings would skyrocket.

You think he's not loving this health care debate?

Every action he takes is calculated behind scenes, he has researchers looking for the hot topics of the day and bases his show around that, it's not because those are issues he cares about but because those are the issues that pull in the numbers. And in his business numbers are all that matter.

The best is his shit talking about teleprompters but the man uses them through out his show, hell he doesn't take a step or shed a tear with out being told to do so by a screen in front of a camera. All the cameras in hist study have hoods and trays because they all have on camera prompter's attached.

It's theater just like the rest of the talk shows on TV.

But go ahead and watch the guy who tells you secret society's control the world. He's right up there with the 9/11 truth idiots.

Abraxas
03-20-10, 07:35
The man speaks of armed revolution all the damn time, he's a shock jock but with a new audience.

The best part is he brings up any bs opinion he can to discuss the idea of war in the country and than claims he wishes it never happens and fears it... BS he would love for it to happen because in his sick little mind his ratings would skyrocket.

You think he's not loving this health care debate?

Every action he takes is calculated behind scenes, he has researchers looking for the hot topics of the day and bases his show around that, it's not because those are issues he cares about but because those are the issues that pull in the numbers. And in his business numbers are all that matter.

The best is his shit talking about teleprompters but the man uses them through out his show, hell he doesn't take a step or shed a tear with out being told to do so by a screen in front of a camera. All the cameras in hist study have hoods and trays because they all have on camera prompter's attached.

It's theater just like the rest of the talk shows on TV.

But go ahead and watch the guy who tells you secret society's control the world. He's right up there with the 9/11 truth idiots.
I don't doubt that this is a possibility, all I ask for is proof. Personally I dont agree totally with him or any other entertainer. That is exactly what he is is an entertainer. But in doing so he does bring to light many things that do need to be brought out. Having said that, anybody who buys all that these guys and gals have to sell is going to be in trouble. If you buy into anything they have to say without researching it your self from separate sources you will be in trouble. The basis of what he says is good, so I don't care if he doesn't believe it. If ever the curtain is pulled back and he is shown to be a sham, so what life will go on

Safetyhit
03-20-10, 08:42
Beck has imperfections just like all of us, I am a viewer of his but I am no ultra-fan. And good or bad his emotions have enhanced his ratings a bit sure. But does this qualify him as a bad man or a phony?

Hardly. In fact it can be just the opposite.

How many here would know who Van Jones was were it not for Beck? How likely would it be that he would still be one of our czars? Was he not influential in getting that horrid, nasty, racist, American hating piece of shit out of our Government?

And how likely will the progressive wacks be to send another down the line now, knowing what will almost certainly happen? Cass Sunstein is next. Anybody ever heard of him before Beck?

I give him credit for getting a difficult but effective job done.