PDA

View Full Version : AR10 Feedback please

Tang419
04-21-07, 09:53
A friend of mine is wanting a 16" A3/A4 AR-10 with a collapsible stock. Ofcourse there is Armalite, but I seen Rock River has one as well, for a few hundred less than the Armalite. So I'm really looking for feedback on the Rock River. Or I'm open to other suggestions if anyone else makes one.

Can a 10 be pieced together like a 15 ? Grant, Robb, you guys have anything ?

Thanks fellas

Tang419
04-21-07, 10:12
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Robb Jensen
04-21-07, 10:21
A friend of mine is wanting a 16" A3/A4 AR-10 with a collapsible stock. Ofcourse there is Armalite, but I seen Rock River has one as well, for a few hundred less than the Armalite. So I'm really looking for feedback on the Rock River. Or I'm open to other suggestions if anyone else makes one.

Can a 10 be pieced together like a 15 ? Grant, Robb, you guys have anything ?

Thanks fellas

An AR10 can be built like an AR15 can. I'm not a big fan of the AR10 myself but others do happen to love them. If I were buying a .308 AR style 16" carbine myself I'd probably buy a DPMS AP4, Noveske AR10 and if a full sized rifle a KAC SR25. The RRA probably won't be available any time soon.

Tang419
04-21-07, 10:34
Thanks Robb.

M4Guru
04-21-07, 15:50
When RR does come around, it's gonna be a re-hash of the Bushmaster BAR(f)-10. Buyer beware, you can google the problems with it if you want.

Armalites are decent, I just got one in a trade and it fills a gap for me. I like the SR25 alot, and I have a brand-new complete SASS kit at work that's all mine. I wanted something like it at home, so I built up an SR-25 clone on AR10 receivers. If I had my druthers I'd have gotten a DPMS (wow, that feels weird to say) because AR10 mags generally suck. For what i paid it's no big deal, though.

The FAL is the best .308 battle rifle IMO, but the AR-10 variants (DPMS, KAC, Armalite/Eagle) are way better for accuracy at distance, and mounting of optics and accessories.

SHIVAN
04-21-07, 17:27
...because AR10 mags generally suck....

Have you tried the new ones? From the people who have gotten them, they seem to be 100%. As in NO issues.

There are some issues with whether or not you have to replace your old bolt catch, but that is a weapon by weapon analysis.

Apparently some work with the new mags -- as mine did -- and some don't. ArmaLite says they will send you a new bolt catch if yours doesn't work with the new mags.

M4Guru
04-22-07, 10:07
A local dealer has some in stock, I am going to try and pick some up tomorrow. The converted M14 mags were very hit or miss. I wonder why it took so long to make it happen?