PDA

View Full Version : Surefire X300 on SA 1911 MC Operator.

Pappabear
03-16-10, 23:43
Surefire X300 on SA 1911 MC Operator. The light is loose on the rail. Its doable but not ideal. Anyone know how to get that play out of it.

Dennis
03-16-10, 23:45
Surefire X300 on SA 1911 MC Operator. The light is loose on the rail. Its doable but not ideal. Anyone know how to get that play out of it.

Loosen the screws on the X300 rails and re-tighten while squeezing them together... A little goes a long way so it may take a couple of tries. Then loc-tite them!

Dennis.

VooDoo6Actual
03-17-10, 07:54
Adjust the set screw in front of X300 to take up slack as it clicks into place on horizontal rail of dust cover.

msap
03-20-10, 14:40
The x300 comes with the P mount, U mount and one other (can't remember the designation). The latter is more permanent but the most secure. It has a side tension screw. I use this one on my duty weapon since I never take the light off. There's no woble at all.

Pappabear
03-22-10, 09:12
Here is what solved my problem. I looked at the spare parts kit that came with the light. As mentioned above, it came with an extra "flange" or attachment. I took the rails off and exchanged the pad with a larger horizontal rail that came with. Its not as tight as my others, it has a minimal amount play but perefectly acceptable. I never used the side tension screws or did the permanant instal. Just changed the horizontal bar, nothing else. If your light does not fit as desired look at your spare parts kit, Surefire already has considered your situation, very smart of them.

Thanks for the help.