PDA

View Full Version : FX show "Justified"

Honu
03-17-10, 02:54
SO who is going to watch it and saw the first one ?

seems like it might be a good show :)

have to say FX is doing some very good shows these days

ThirdWatcher
03-17-10, 04:18
B@!!$*&# from beginning to end, but definitely entertaining.

Ranger325
03-17-10, 07:01
I watched Southland on TNT.............too bad the good shows are always on opposite each other. :( Competition, I guess!

252actual
03-17-10, 07:15
it was a decent watch. definitely not a complete waste of time but it really pissed me off when it labeled the entire "patriot" movement as "terrorist" racist ignorant hicks in the first 5 minutes... would it be possible to have a show that wasnt propaganda??? please??

landrvrnut22
03-17-10, 08:28
Damn it! I wanted to watch it, but completely forgot about it. I will have to watch for the re-run.

Maybe it's time for a DVR.

Spiffums
03-17-10, 09:18
The only time I pull my gun is to kill a man..................... yeah Dog the Bounty Hunter with a hat. The ad's try too hard to be cool.

LHS
03-17-10, 09:20
I was hoping for another Shield, but no such luck. The show has some promise, but it seems too self-involved. Plus, they apparently do not understand the concept of backblast.

loupav
03-17-10, 10:05
I watched it. I thought it was ok.

Spurholder
03-17-10, 10:14
I thought it was OK. Olyphant's character in this show's kind of like the character he played in Deadwood - and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

If only the producers would hire technical advisors to the writers...

rob_s
03-17-10, 10:28
I liked it, right up until the end when they started giving him emotional problems. Whah, my daddy din't love me. So?

Steve
03-17-10, 10:38
LOL

its a tv show its called mindless meaningless entertainment jeesh.....:p

Business_Casual
03-17-10, 10:46
I was hoping for "The Shield" as well, but I didn't get it.

The one-handed press check of the 1911 was pretty slick.

M_P

Titleist
03-17-10, 10:49
Having lived 4 years in Ohio and spent a lot of time in Kentucky...yep they nailed it. Unfortunately.

tiger seven
03-17-10, 10:58
Having lived 4 years in Ohio and spent a lot of time in Kentucky...yep they nailed it. Unfortunately.

I recorded the show but haven't watched it yet. I was wondering if they would "get Kentucky right." :)

Derek

CarlosDJackal
03-17-10, 11:28
I thought it was entertaining. Not exactly the type of show I would schedule my evening around though. YMMV.

rob_s
03-17-10, 11:31
I thought it was entertaining. Not exactly the type of show I would schedule my evening around though. YMMV.

There is nothing on television that I schedule so much as taking a dump around. We have Tivo, but any DVR will do and gives you back control Use something like Hulu and it's even better.

I'm trying to get our house to all-Hulu so I can eliminate that "plop-and-watch" that happens with regular TV. I don't "wonder what's on", but the kid does and it makes me nuts.

rudy99
03-17-10, 11:45
I'm trying to get our house to all-Hulu so I can eliminate that "plop-and-watch" that happens with regular TV. I don't "wonder what's on", but the kid does and it makes me nuts.

You should check out Boxee (http://www.boxee.tv/box) when it comes out. Depending on the price they put on it, it looks pretty sweet. Pretty much gives you access to online content on any TV as long as you have an internet connection. Pretty much like PlayOn (http://www.playon.tv/playon)for the PS3, if that means anything to you.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-17-10, 11:55
I recorded the show but haven't watched it yet. I was wondering if they would "get Kentucky right." :)

Derek

When I saw the previews, before they even said it was Kentucky, I thought that's where it was. Just something about it. Kentucky just has a feel, like a low rent version of Tennessee with a lot of horse fences.

I've really like some of the Timothy Olyphant movies. Haven't watched Deadwood, but thought he was great in "THe Girl NExt Door".

I kind of liked the idea he wore cowboy boots and a Stetson and carried a glock. On the website it looks like he has a SIG, but he used a 1911 in the episode?

Titleist
03-17-10, 11:59
His pistol switched a few times. Sig at the start, glock later on.

And yeah, no offense to Kentucky, but that state is scary as shit.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-17-10, 12:03
His pistol switched a few times. Sig at the start, glock later on.

And yeah, no offense to Kentucky, but that state is scary as shit.

I kid you not, a buddy gave me directions there once that included a "Left turn at the melon headed kids house". He said they were always out.

crzy88lx
03-17-10, 12:07
that Olyphant guy is bad ass. was good in the Crazies, Hitman, Live Free or Die Hard, etc. will watch.

he is a zombie killer, so you have to give the show a shot :D

JBecker 72
03-17-10, 12:25
I thought it was pretty good.
Thought it was funny when he made the "sometimes you miss the bulls eye" comment :)

teh1000
03-17-10, 12:42
I always appreciate it when they have a show that doesn't take place in LA or New York. At least they pretend to appreciate the fact that there is a whole country in between the two.

Slicktop
03-17-10, 14:17
Kentucky just has a feel, like a low rent version of Tennessee with a lot of horse fences.

You've got it reversed.

;)

CarlosDJackal
03-17-10, 14:49
There is nothing on television that I schedule so much as taking a dump around. We have Tivo, but any DVR will do and gives you back control Use something like Hulu and it's even better.

I don't even have either of those. I don't think there is anything on the tube worth scheduling fro Tivo, Hulu, or a VCR for. :p

For me TV is nothing more than background noise when I'm doing more important stuff like loading mags, preparing gear, cleaning guns, building an AR, etc. ;)

DaBears_85
03-17-10, 14:54
I loved the 'Shield'. So I was pretty excited to see 'Shane' playing the antagonist to olyphants character. What I don't understand is, why is he dead already? After the first episode? That's the only reason I watched this. I'm hoping I missed something.

rob_s
03-17-10, 14:58
I loved the 'Shield'. So I was pretty excited to see 'Shane' playing the antagonist to olyphants character. What I don't understand is, why is he dead already? After the first episode? That's the only reason I watched this. I'm hoping I missed something.

I don't know who "shane" is but if mean the guy he shot in the chest at the end of the show (vs. the one in the beginning) and you listened to the dialog you'd hear that he's not dead, and if you watch the previews you'll see them talking in the hospital.

DaBears_85
03-17-10, 15:02
I don't know who "shane" is but if mean the guy he shot in the chest at the end of the show (vs. the one in the beginning) and you listened to the dialog you'd hear that he's not dead, and if you watch the previews you'll see them talking in the hospital.

See that's what I was hoping I missed. I stopped watching after he got shot and appeared to have died on the floor. Also as the other poster stated TV for me is mostly background noise while I mess with my guns, so I will admit that I was listening to it more than actually watching...

Honu
03-17-10, 15:32
yeah I was hoping for a shield ? but then no luck :(

might be a good show while some stupid stuff I try to remember its a show :) and the shield or the biker one on FX is not real its entertaining :)

also I do like Tivo for the fact I can record and catch it when I can

NCIS I have always like but I like the LA NCIS better :) so I keep hoping FX will come out with something that will grip me more than the shield ? but I some how think its like Band of Brothers nothing will ever top it

Spurholder
03-17-10, 15:40
You've got it reversed.

;)

Ah - no he didn't.:D

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-17-10, 17:20
Ah - no he didn't.:D

Bourbon and Covrettes, I guess we'll keep them in the union.

colt45irish
03-17-10, 18:14
I enjoyed the show. I was a big fan of Deadwood, its a shame that show ended so early. The Shield, may have been one of the best shows on tv. SOA is good to. I hope this show lives up to the hype.

colt:cool:

10MMGary
03-17-10, 18:34
Kentucky just has a feel, like a low rent version of Tennessee with a lot of horse fences.

Not only wrong, but funny coming from someone listed as being in Colorado:rolleyes: You must have spent your time in KY in the wrong areas.

tiger seven
03-17-10, 21:07
I'm certainly NOT being defensive, but having seen a fair portion of these United States, I know that Kentucky holds no place of distinction when it comes to terrifying inbred mutant white trash. :eek:

Derek

HD1911
03-17-10, 21:13
I enjoyed the show and will try to keep up with the series. Eastern Kentucky and Western Kentucky are pretty contrasting to say the least, lol.

Palmguy
03-17-10, 21:27
Watched it tonight...good show. I'll definitely watch it.

subzero
03-21-10, 20:14
I just watched this and loved it. I was hoping that they were doing a "modern day Deadwood" thing and they clearly are. They got Timothy Olyphant, they put him in as a Marshall, they gave him the same hat, a past not unlike the one his character had, a rural Kentucky town to stand in for Deadwood, and the same attitude ("You're the angriest man I've ever known.") he had as Sheriff Bullock.

I can only hope they bring in Ian McShane or Powers Boothe at some point.

As far as the remarks about the "patriot movement", I suppose no one goes from regular guy to tattooed white supremacist without a couple of intermediate steps. You kinda have to buy off on that the same way you buy off on him switching sidearms 3 times over the course of the episode.

Eddiesketti
03-21-10, 20:48
Spiffums wrote: The only time I pull my gun is to kill a man..................... yeah Dog the Bounty Hunter with a hat. The ad's try too hard to be cool.

Except that Dog is a Felon so no guns for him.

I wanted to watch it but forgot. Will see if i can catch it.

Kentucky Cop
03-21-10, 20:56
I love the Kentucky comments.:D I was laughing the whole time reading up till now. Anyways, I have not seen the show yet but plan on catching it next time it comes on. They boys at work claim that some of the openings for the show is Lexington and the other part was filmed in Harlan Kentucky. Everyone at work seems to like it.

Apparently there is a Lexington Metro cruiser shown in the opening. Really cool to see your department in a series. Some of you would be blown away at how beautiful some of the horse farms are and the amount of money in property around central Kentucky. And, for you single guys, a few years back Maxim magazine named Kentucky as as one of the best places for beautiful woman between Lexington and Louisville. Just saying...

Kentucky Cop

Go Cats!!!!

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-21-10, 21:30
I'm certainly NOT being defensive, but having seen a fair portion of these United States, I know that Kentucky holds no place of distinction when it comes to terrifying inbred mutant white trash. :eek:

Derek

Southern Illinois doesn't get the grief that it should.

Just got back in town, looking forward to seeing the TiVo of the show.

Lots of good people and friends in Kentucky, especialy in Leewhuvllll.

ukhayes
03-21-10, 21:32
He (Olyphant) is supposed to originally be from Harlan,Ky and spent time in the coal mines. The other sites used were Lexington and Somerset. Thought it was pretty good for what we usually see these days.

LMT42
03-21-10, 21:39
I think the jury will be out for a while. It all comes down to the writers! The Shield was a great show and it had good writers. I had high hopes for Sons of Anarchy and it has really let me down. Again, I think it's because of bad writing. SOA could have been a great show, but they've really fcked it up by not making the guys hard enough. C'mon, Opie just let it go that the club whacked his wife - accidents happen, hugs all around? Jenna gets raped and there wasn't immediate and massive retaliation? I think i'll pass on the third season. I really miss the Sopranos.

Anyway, I hope Justified has a good crew of writers. We shall see...

P.S. If you have HBO, you don't want to miss "The Pacific". I believe it has a lot of the same people behind it that brought us Band of Brothers. HBO has another promising series call Boardwalk Empire with one of the Sopranos writers and Scorsese on board. Of course these series will be in another league from FX's fare.

Kentucky Cop
03-21-10, 21:46
Enjoy!;)

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/justified/

Good Site.

KY COP

sff70
03-21-10, 22:27
I watched Episode 1.

Will not be watching Episode 2.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-22-10, 00:10
Just got done watching it. I'll watch the second epsiode, but I'm not enthralled with it. I was expecting something a little more stylized, like a Guy Ritche movie. It seems more like a Northern (Southern) version of "Burn Notice".

Might be good, HOT chicks helps.

Zhurdan
03-22-10, 09:08
I was hoping for "The Shield" as well, but I didn't get it.

The one-handed press check of the 1911 was pretty slick.

M_P

I pointed that out to my wife and our friends as we watched it. In unison... all three said "Only you." I'll have to let them know I'm not alone! :D

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-22-10, 10:05
I was surfing while I watched it, when did he does the press check?

Zhurdan
03-22-10, 10:14
I was surfing while I watched it, when did he does the press check?

When they're in the hotel, right before they leave to go check on his fling from high school. He stands up, draws and checks the chamber with one hand. Kinda looks like the second part of a handshake with the arm wrestling grip. I've done it before with a Walther P99 to re-engage the firing pin from the decocked position, but never tried it with a 1911. Seems a bit hollywood and unsafe for a 1911. Not much of a purchase on the gun while doing it.

woody d
03-22-10, 11:41
it was ok, but ive been looking forward to season 3 premiere of "Breaking Bad" and it didnt disappoint. THAT is the best show since Sopranos imo.

rob_s
03-22-10, 11:59
I think the black female Marshall does the one-handed press-check with a gun in each hand at the car shootout at the end of the show.

SkiDevil
03-22-10, 19:11
I kid you not, a buddy gave me directions there once that included a "Left turn at the melon headed kids house". He said they were always out.

Thanks FromMyColdDeadHands,
That is funny stuff. I laughed so hard, I spit out my drink everywhere! Thanks, made my afternoon.

TigerSeven
"I'm certainly NOT being defensive, but having seen a fair portion of these United States, I know that Kentucky holds no place of distinction when it comes to terrifying inbred mutant white trash."

Derek

So, True.

If your travels bring you anywhere into the Desert areas of California, there are some interesting inbred white trash methheads cooking their product in trucks, sheds, motel rooms, and mobile homes that certainly could be viewed as terrifying, especially if they smile at you with those rotted-out teeth.:eek:

KentuckyCop is definitely correct in regards to the ladies. I have met a few girls from KY and they were all very beautiful.

SkiDevil

P.S. I enjoyed the show. Is some of it a little over-the-top, sure but what TV programming isn't? The main character played by Timothy O. was interesting and funny in my opinion. I really loved the "Ava" character too, especially the part where she shoots at the A-Holes in her life while they are trying to eat dinner. That was funny. Beautiful lady, but deadly. I guess if you find yourself a gorgeous country girl who knows how to shoot, then you either should not piss her off or lock/ hide both the guns AND ammo.

We'll see where the show goes. I too was hoping for something similar to the Shield, but that is probably not going to happen again anytime soon.:(