PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner Kills Armed Robber In Driveway Gunfight ( News ) OCOEE,FL

tip2oo3
03-17-10, 08:09
Heres a news clip I caught, since so many people on this forum has HD concerns.

http://www.wftv.com/news/22851386/detail.html. Link has video from the news report.

Hoss356
03-17-10, 10:08
Good for him, one less bad guy.

Irish
03-17-10, 12:14
http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/03/homeowner-kills-robber-in-ocoe.html

A man coming home from work early Monday morning killed one would-be robber and sent a second running for his life in Ocoee.

A man who appears to be the homeowner (pictured left) returned home shortly after 8 a.m. and started cleaning his driveway of the blood left behind by the assailants.

Ocoee Police say the victim returned to his house in the Orchard Park neighborhood on Pomegranate Court around 12:30 a.m. and noticed a suspicious car near his driveway. After pulling into the home, two men, at least one of whom was armed with a handgun, allegedly attacked the homeowner.

But the victim, who authorities say has a concealed weapons permit, did not go down easily: Ocoee Police say he pulled his gun and opened fire on the robbers, who fired back. The homeowner was wounded, but his injuries are not considered life-threatening.

One of the robbers was killed. The second ran away and is still on the loose. Investigators say he has "distinctive tattoos" that should help them find him.

Police have now identified the suspect killed as David Lee Butler (pictured left). Butler has an extensive violent criminal history including an active warrant for a previous home invasion robbery out of Lake County.

Anyone with information is asked to call Ocooe Police at (407)905-3160 or Crimeline at (407)923-TIPS.

GermanSynergy
03-17-10, 12:18
Will the homeowner be charged is the question.....

Abraxas
03-17-10, 12:18
Another robbery gone good;)

ForTehNguyen
03-17-10, 12:19
buy em cheap, bury em deep!

CGSteve
03-17-10, 14:53
Butler has an extensive violent criminal history including an active warrant for a previous home invasion robbery out of Lake County.

Textbook. Legal system, you are so silly.

sandman99and9
03-17-10, 15:13
Holy shit !!! I live in ocoee and 2 of my sons friends from his L.L. baseball team live about a block from there. Nice subdivision with good people around there. I hope the homewowner gets through this ok.

S.M.

Alpha Sierra
03-17-10, 17:27
Will the homeowner be charged is the question.....

Under these circumstances, and this being in Florida, I highly doubt it.

Guy gets home. Guy gets jumped by armed robbers. Guy wastes one and seriously hurts the other. Sounds like a good shoot.

Freemnd
03-17-10, 22:22
Reports say he will not be charged.

+1 for a robbery gone good, except the victim did sustain a GSW. Sounds like he'll be fine physically.

Damn Illinois and Wisconsin for being the only 2 holdouts for ccw possibility.

Soon enough I hope.