PDA

View Full Version : EMAG to the rescue!

03-18-10, 15:34
I know the EMAG isn't something new but it's new to me.
I have quite a collection of standard PMAGs and while they are rock solid and reliable, they weren't kind to my Noveske. They would not drop free at all. I was slightly disappointed but it wasn't the end of the world. I recently started to build up my Tactical Innovations billet lower and found out that the PMAG was also stupid tight going into the lower. I literally had to yank them out. Fast forward to last week. I blindly placed an order for a few EMAGs and they arrived today. Holy shit. They insert and spit out like no other. I'm sold on them. I think Magpul should make all their mags to the EMAG dimension. :cool: Proper spec lowers or out of spec lowers.. There would be no difference. :cool:

aftermath686
03-18-10, 15:54
Good that you found a solution. An alternative would be some minor sanding on your pmags, or worse some filing of the magwell. I have heard Emags have a tendency to be over inserted, although I have no experience with them, so take this with a grain of salt.

03-18-10, 15:55
Good that you found a solution. An alternative would be some minor sanding on your pmags, or worse some filing of the magwell. I have heard Emags have a tendency to be over inserted, although I have no experience with them, so take this with a grain of salt.

I have sanded down a few PMAGs. They work but I don't feel like sanding all 15+ of them.
Once I get a few range sessions in I'll advise of my findings (if they can be over inserted).

Belmont31R
03-18-10, 16:53
I have 12 EMAG's now, and they work fine for me. I don't have a weapon they are intended for but got them just to see how they work.

If you look at the backstrap of the PMAG you will see two tabs, one on each side. Try sanding those down 1st, and then lightly sand the back strap itself if that doesnt help. Sanding the tabs down should take care of it. PMAG's are still the best IMO, and Ive got close to 75 USGI mags, and even more PMAG's.

03-18-10, 17:02
I did sanding with sandpaper last time and it was a chore. I need to find my Dremel sanding drum. This will make for a nice weekend project. :D

Belmont31R
03-18-10, 17:15
I did one, and used a flat bastard file, and then sanded off the rough edges. Easy enough....

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/BM31R/DSC_1179.jpg

03-18-10, 17:24
The M-Revision Pmags no longer have the two tabs depicted. There are now two elongated raised areas. The spine also has a raised area.

markm
03-18-10, 17:33
I've gone back to using USGIs exclusively now. I have a handful of Pmags, and one sits in one of my SBRs loaded in the safe.

But for actual training and home D, I don't even use Pmags. Not for any real reason... I'm just used to USGI mags.