PDA

View Full Version : Good deal or not???

snakedoctor
03-18-10, 22:01
Im currently searching for a 700 and came across this one and was wondering if you guys here can tell me if this package is a good deal or not.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=161166835

Dirk Williams
03-18-10, 23:40
What is it your going to do with the rifle.

Is it for serious work or plinking?. Probably a good starter rifle, my thoughts are if your serious spend the money and get a great rifle and optics, not an ok rifle and a so so scope.

Good luck to you.
Dirk

snakedoctor
03-19-10, 00:05
my uses would be plinking/ target shooting and hunting. Im not looking to be taking 1000 meter shots with it. I just want something that will be fun and easy to shoot once in a while and enough to take hunting. thanks dirk

Artos
03-19-10, 08:15
Have you looked at the LTR model??

Seems like too much coin for an sps.

snakedoctor
03-19-10, 14:16
I have looked at the LTR model and I think its a little too much for the use I'm looking for. Does anyone here know the difference between the SPS and the SPS Tactical?

Artos
03-19-10, 14:32
The SPS tactical will retail for around +/-$600 and you get the hogue stock and bull barrel compared to the standard SPS.

If you were considering the one in the link and $1800 is a doable budget, then you can end up with a pretty nice set up...especially if you look for clean used parts. The HS stocks on the LTR / police / pss are more desirable in my opinion if you can swing it.

snakedoctor
03-20-10, 11:40
Ive decided to go with the LTR. :D Thanks guys!