PDA

View Full Version : FN Contracted Uppers???

Shihan
04-22-07, 01:43
I was at a gun show today and 2 vendors were selling what they called FN contracted uppers? I could be wrong but I didnt think FN contracted out their uppers and did them inhouse along with their barrels? I know they do contract out bolts. One of the vendors was selling only 20inchers. the other was selling 14.5's, 16's and 10.5's. He told me I was full of crap when I told him the FN isnt making the M4. Too bad he was such a jerk because I was going to buy a HK-G3 clone from the guy as it was priced pretty good.

AMMOTECH
04-22-07, 10:01
Here is a list of FN products:
http://www.fnmfg.com/products/

Funny I don't see an M4 or any bbl under 20". Some dealers will tell you anything to make a $.

You made a good call by not getting anything from that guy.

C4IGrant
04-22-07, 13:24
I was at a gun show today and 2 vendors were selling what they called FN contracted uppers? I could be wrong but I didnt think FN contracted out their uppers and did them inhouse along with their barrels? I know they do contract out bolts. One of the vendors was selling only 20inchers. the other was selling 14.5's, 16's and 10.5's. He told me I was full of crap when I told him the FN isnt making the M4. Too bad he was such a jerk because I was going to buy a HK-G3 clone from the guy as it was priced pretty good.

I have been down this road and got the skinny direct from both the company that DID supply uppers to FN and from FN employees.

At ONE time FN DID purchase upper receivers from the same company that produces their bolts. They moved the operation in house now and make their own receivers (which are NOT available to the public).

The company that made upper receivers for FN (at one time) still makes them and are about to release an M4 model soon. To quote the production manager from Sabre Defence, "The upper receivers that this company produces are some of the best in the business."

I have both the A3 and M4 upper receivers on order and will be stocking them as they are available.

C4

SinnFéinM1911
04-22-07, 13:39
I have been done this road and got the skinny direct from both the company that DID supply uppers to FN and from FN employees.

At ONE time FN DID purchase upper receivers from the same company that produces their bolts. They moved the operation in house now and make their own receivers (which are NOT available to the public).

The company that made upper receivers for FN (at one time) still makes them and are about to release an M4 model soon. To quote the production manager from Sabre Defence, "The upper receivers that this company produces are some of the best in the business."

I have both the A3 and M4 upper receivers on order and will be stocking them as they are available.

C4

I could not have said it any better myself !!

:D

C4IGrant
04-22-07, 13:44
I could not have said it any better myself !!

:D

Well I am glad that I finally did something right! :D

C4

graffex
04-22-07, 19:56
So Sabre made uppers for FN at one time or am I misunderstanding you Grant?

Shihan
04-23-07, 00:57
Grant are these uppers marked? The ones I saw were unmarked. The dealer selling the FN contract uppers has been selling them for over a year he told me. Is this possible?

C4IGrant
04-23-07, 09:07
So Sabre made uppers for FN at one time or am I misunderstanding you Grant?

No. SD BUYS uppers (from time to time) from the company that made upper receivers for FN (at one time).

C4

C4IGrant
04-23-07, 09:11
Grant are these uppers marked? The ones I saw were unmarked. The dealer selling the FN contract uppers has been selling them for over a year he told me. Is this possible?

They are not marked and no, it is not possible.

The dealer most likely heard this info via the "errornet" or through normal gun show BS that a certain company was making upper receivers for FN. They never verified that this was true or for how long it lasted, but decided to use it as a marketing tool just the same.

C4

Snake RAH
04-23-07, 23:44
Kinda related:

Will FN ever be allowed to make and sell rifles and such to us? I know they have some sort of contract with the .gov, but will that restriction ever end?

Shihan
04-24-07, 00:05
I did alittle checking the guy selling the fake FN's also makes HK-G3 clones. He has sold under 3 different company names in the last few years and switches the ownership over to family members. Not a good guy to deal with im guessing.

Robb Jensen
04-24-07, 05:59
Kinda related:

Will FN ever be allowed to make and sell rifles and such to us? I know they have some sort of contract with the .gov, but will that restriction ever end?

They probably won't unless they get a new contract that doesn't have the stipulation that they won't sell to civilians.

TOrrock
04-24-07, 08:11
I did alittle checking the guy selling the fake FN's also makes HK-G3 clones. He has sold under 3 different company names in the last few years and switches the ownership over to family members. Not a good guy to deal with im guessing.

Todd Bailey?

gsd2053
04-26-07, 17:04
I have a FN magazine. :o

Shihan
04-26-07, 18:44
Hows the quality of the FN mag? the price is almost up there with the HK's.

BMMC
04-27-07, 00:44
Hows the quality of the FN mag? the price is almost up there with the HK's.

They're just like a Colt, etc. USGI mag.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1133952/XJUOP-M16A2Mag2.JPG

Shihan
04-27-07, 12:29
Templar, yep Todd Bailey

I saw the FN mags for 40bucks, way pricey for a USGI mag.

TOrrock
04-27-07, 12:35
Templar, yep Todd Bailey

I saw the FN mags for 40bucks, way pricey for a USGI mag.

I can't imagine anyone with a worse rep than Todd Bailey.

My "Bad Feeling about This" meter gets pegged in the red whenever his name is mentioned.

LOKNLOD
04-27-07, 12:51
I can't imagine anyone with a worse rep than Todd Bailey.

My "Bad Feeling about This" meter gets pegged in the red whenever his name is mentioned.

Isn't that the Special (as in short-bus) Weapons guy? I've never ever read anything good about him.

davemcdonald
04-27-07, 14:13
Isn't there an FN guy here on M4carbine that could shed some light?

Dave

LOKNLOD
04-27-07, 14:46
Isn't there an FN guy here on M4carbine that could shed some light?

Dave

Yes, and he's post #4 in this thread ;)

davemcdonald
04-27-07, 15:34
Ah...missed it. Thanks brother!

Dave

TOrrock
04-27-07, 16:01
Isn't that the Special (as in short-bus) Weapons guy? I've never ever read anything good about him.

Yup, Speshul Weapunz..........:eek: