PDA

View Full Version : Noveske or LWRC for suppressor use, need opinions please?

Eagle1*
03-19-10, 15:20
I have an AAC M4-2000 on order and have an LWRC complete lower waiting for a nice upper. Anyone on here give me some info on which upper would be the best for my suppressor? I was thinking piston upper when I bought my LWRC lower and like them alot, but now I am reconsidering thinking a switchblock Noveske would work out better! I realize that LWRC has a switchblock upper so it boils down to a piston upper or a DI I guess???

Can any of you enlighten me on the pluses & minuses for either with suppressor usage? Realizing that the LWRC would be a much cleaner gun shooting suppressed which leads me to less cleaning time but I am at a loss here.

I am one of those guys that will think he should have bought the other one when I buy something. Thanks..

restfortheweary
03-19-10, 15:33
In my experience, Piston guns aren't any cleaner when fired suppressed (one proposed advantage over DI). The can already adds some weight to the front of the rifle and adding in a the piston exaggerates that front heavy feeling even more. That said, my experience with the LMT piston MRP and my non-switchblocked Noveske 10.5, 14.5 and 16.1, suppressed by an M4-2000, both systems have been equally reliable. I prefer the DI.

JasonM
03-19-10, 22:33
In my experience as well, piston guns are no cleaner for suppressed use.

Plus, they are louder.

The best host I've used has been a noveske DI with switchblock.
awesome.

Ratfink
03-20-10, 00:32
my noveske afghan with switchblock ( i have 2 ) run great with acc supressiors with the acc blackout flash hider

K9222
03-20-10, 05:25
I vote DI w/switchblock. I'm in the same boat. It took me months to figure out what to do but after doing ALOT of searching on the net and here I went with a 10.5" SB. I haven't shot it yet cause most of my parts just came in two days ago but my list is this:

10.5" Noveske Pinned SB Barrel
BCM Upper Reciever w/M4 Feedramps
BCM Ionbond Coated M16 BCG
Gas Buster Charging Handle
DD Omega X Rail

All mated to my DS Arms lower with H-Buffer that is already registered. Once its together I'll post pics. I plan on running a SF556k or M4-2000. That will come later in the year. In theory my upper should be close to a perfect set IMO but you know how that goes. I think the piston guns are over rated. I mean they probably have there purposes some where but it seems like somones always trying to re-invent the wheel. I use to think the piston set up would be better for suppressor but I have changed my opinion after alot of research.

Eagle1*
03-23-10, 12:12
Thanks for the info guys, Now I need to obtain a Noveske lower for my build and sell my LWRC lower.

markm
03-23-10, 19:36
and sell my LWRC lower.

Sell it to StephenH!! :p

Magic_Salad0892
03-24-10, 13:46
I prefer the LWRC my 12.7'' M6A2, and is also quieter than my boss' Noveske + Switchblock my almost a full dB.

I prefer the piston for two reasons.

- You can go longer without cleaning it.
- The bolt carrier group will get just as dirty, but not nearly as hot. IMO.

I'm also using an Ops Inc. 15th Model CQB MBS.

Magic_Salad0892
03-24-10, 13:50
Sorry for the double-tap.

Be careful about posting about piston guns.

There are so many people looking for opportunities to shit all over them on these boards.

I don't understand it.

Iraq Ninja
03-24-10, 14:27
Thanks for the info guys, Now I need to obtain a Noveske lower for my build and sell my LWRC lower.

Is there something about the LWRC that does not make it compatible with a Noveske? If it is just for cosmetic reasons, that is ok I guess...

welchtactical
03-24-10, 15:22
I have shot several can on several types of guns. I've owned LMT, Noveske, Colt, etc. I have only the LWRCs now. We shoot an LWRC M6A3 which has a selectable gas setting on the gas block with a can alot and it runs great! I am also I big fan of the inside of the upper not getting as hot. Its does get about as dirty as a standard DI gun when shot with a can. There's video of us shooting it on youtube. I have a link in my sig line. I also get as good as any other maker's accuracy out of my M6A3. I got sub-MOA groups yesterday at 100 with my T1 with crazy (30mph at times) winds. I'm happy as I can be with it.

Eagle1*
03-24-10, 16:12
thanks guys, I may just go ahead and get the piston upper (A3) and give it a try, I can always sell it and get a Noveske down the road..